RPM and food

biarwood

Awards
It says to take on an empty stomach- I really hate working out on an empty stomach though, it makes me feel really sick. Can I eat about 30 minutes after taking it?

Zombie

Zombie

Awards
  • Established
i recall that i have read that carbs affect absortion. you could try taking it 1 hr before your pre workout meal and then hit the gym .
thats just my opinion

biarwood

Awards
oh ok- I don't take any carbs before workout anyway really- just my protein shake and some chicken.

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i eat an hour and a half before i take rpm. works fine

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
i take it on an empty stomach, but the damn stuff makes me soooooooooo hungry..hahaa...its awesome, except I gotta snack on banana's and stuff during my workout

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
i take it on an empty stomach, but the damn stuff makes me soooooooooo hungry..hahaa...its awesome, except I gotta snack on banana's and stuff during my workout
During your workout? LOL..... My RPM doesn't allow me to sit still long enough to eat while at the gym

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Biarwood, the guys are right.... best on an empty stomach, but effective either way. Just try to get it in as far away from food as possible. i.e. RPM then wait 45 min to eat then straight to the gym

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
During your workout? LOL..... My RPM doesn't allow me to sit still long enough to eat while at the gym
who said anything bout sittin!!..haha..literally run to my locker, grab a banana, inhale, and slam more weights around

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
who said anything bout sittin!!..haha..literally run to my locker, grab a banana, inhale, and slam more weights around
If I ate anything during my workout- you probably would not want to stand within 20 ft. of me :)

Shane B. is worse (a buddy of mine that played in the NFL)- Buff, Don, and I were working out with him last Saturday- he literally cleaned out a whole corner of the gym:stick:

Zombie

Zombie

Awards
  • Established
If I ate anything during my workout- you probably would not want to stand within 20 ft. of me :)

Shane B. is worse (a buddy of mine that played in the NFL)- Buff, Don, and I were working out with him last Saturday- he literally cleaned out a whole corner of the gym:stick:
i can eat minutres before workout, during workout and have no problem

dirk, btw im loving this rpm thing it keeps me awake at night at the moment but i dont feel all full of stims. i just feel awake. the energy is awsome

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
i can eat minutres before workout, during workout and have no problem

dirk, btw im loving this rpm thing it keeps me awake at night at the moment but i dont feel all full of stims. i just feel awake. the energy is awsome
Glad you like it- we are working on a new, more anabolic version that will be out soon (w/o the stims!!)- beta coming soon!!

biarwood

Awards
oh ok- the caffeine in this might be a bit much for me.

MrTotality

MrTotality

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Glad you like it- we are working on a new, more anabolic version that will be out soon (w/o the stims!!)- beta coming soon!!
I am in for a test when it is ready :rofl:

redhawk76

redhawk76

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
you guys are gonna make me go broke :p

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
I think the line for testers of that version as well as the current version starts right....... here >

However, it ends right over ....... there (points 8 blocks down the road). lol

biarwood

Awards
if it starts here am i at the top of the line since i started this thread=)?

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

MORE anabolic? :aargh: :aargh: :aargh: :aargh: I should have waited!. I'm very happy with RPM, I don't know how you could make it better!!!..More anabolic though???. Huh? How?.

MystikalSoul

Awards
i eat and take rpm and i feel the same results as when i dont eat

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
MORE anabolic? :aargh: :aargh: :aargh: :aargh: I should have waited!. I'm very happy with RPM, I don't know how you could make it better!!!..More anabolic though???. Huh? How?.
There are some other compounds that are VERY synergistic with the components of RPM- that is all I can say right now ;)

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
i eat and take rpm and i feel the same results as when i dont eat
The "take on an empty stomach" recommendation is simply a common denominator- the idea behind it is to get RPM to work best for the largest amount of people- and most people get better results when they take RPM w/o food- interesting observation though!!

Thrall

Thrall

Awards
  • Established
I don't eat within an hour of my workout and during. The process of digestion is taking valuable blood away from your muscles and directing it towards the digestive system. Perhaps my information is outdated, though.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I don't eat within an hour of my workout and during. The process of digestion is taking valuable blood away from your muscles and directing it towards the digestive system. Perhaps my information is outdated, though.
I can't eat anywhere remotely near my workout- gives me some crazy gas :toofunny:

Mass_69

Mass_69

Awards
  • Established
1000% in for beta testing
Oooo Yeah, Me me me me me me me me me me me!!!!

I work out in the PM, so I have to take my RPM around Noon so I'm not up all night. Non-stim will be my dream come true (or at least I'll be able to dream again once I get to sleep again).

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
There are some other compounds that are VERY synergistic with the components of RPM- that is all I can say right now ;)
So teasing, we'll find out in 2 weeks that's for sure! I'm dying to try my RPM samples but I'm logging IntraXCell and I'm trying to keep it consistent. Got another 1.5 weeks left in the log, then I'm popping some of these bad boys :dance:

Hopefully I'll have figured out the best way to dose them for myself since I like to have a shake/light meal an hour before working out.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
Well you should probably eat 1 hour before you lift. RPM kicks in one hour after you take it. There is the conflict of interest. It's like if you take it earlier it isn't as effective 2 hours after you take it (i'll have to test this theory), and if you lift 2 hours after you eat, you may go catabolic if your WO lasts over 2 hours (counting weight training an cardio).

Or you could take a WO drink with you with BCAA's in it.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Well you should probably eat 1 hour before you lift. RPM kicks in one hour after you take it. There is the conflict of interest. It's like if you take it earlier it isn't as effective 2 hours after you take it (i'll have to test this theory), and if you lift 2 hours after you eat, you may go catabolic if your WO lasts over 2 hours (counting weight training an cardio).

Or you could take a WO drink with you with BCAA's in it.
RPM also has an anti-cortisol function- so you really don't need to worry about catabolism while taking it :)

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
:twisted:
:type:

Biol Pharm Bull. 2006 Dec;29(12):2399-403.
Effects of icariin on hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis action and cytokine levels in stressed Sprague-Dawley rats.

* Pan Y,
* Zhang WY,
* Xia X,
* Kong LD.

State Key Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, Nanjing University, China.

Icariin is one of the major active flavonoids constituents of Epimedium brevicornum MAXIM (Berberidaceae). Icariin and E. brevicornum have a wide range of pharmacological activities. Abnormality in the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis is considered to be a key neurobilogical factor in major depression, and cytokines have a close relationship with the activation of the HPA axis. In the present study, the aim was to determine whether icariin possesses an antidepressant-like activity, and to explore the effects of icariin on the HPA axis and cytokine levels in chronic mild stress (CMS) model of depression in Sprague-Dawley rats. Icariin significantly increased the sucrose intake of CMS-treated rats from week 3. It not only attenuated the CMS-induced increases in serum corticotropin-releasing factor (CRF) and cortisol levels, but also reversed the abnormal levels of serum interleukin-6 (IL-6) and tumor-necrosis-factor alpha (TNF-alpha) to the normal in the stressed rats. These results suggested that icariin possessed an antidepressant-like property that was at least in part mediated by neuroendocrine and immune systems.

Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 2007 Apr 19;
Icariin from Epimedium brevicornum attenuates chronic mild stress-induced behavioral and neuroendocrinological alterations in male Wistar rats.

* Pan Y,
* Kong LD,
* Li YC,
* Xia X,
* Kung HF,
* Jiang FX.

State Key Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, Institute of Functional Biomolecules, School of Life Sciences, Nanjing University, Nanjing 210093, People's Republic of China.

Chronic mild stress (CMS) is suggested to produce abnormalities in the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis and hypothalamus-pituitary-thyroid (HPT) axis. Therefore, compound that attenuates the neuroendocrinological alterations may have potential as antidepressant. The behavioral and neuroendocrinological effects of icariin, a major constituent of flavonoids isolated from Epimedium brevicornum, were investigated in the CMS model of depression in male Wistar rats. CMS procedure caused an anhedonic state in rats resulted in increased corticotropin-releasing factor (CRF) concentrations in dissected brain regions and serum, decreased total triiodothyronine (tT(3)) in serum with no significant changes in serum adrenocorticotrophic hormone (ACTH) and thyroxine (tT(4)). Administration of icariin reversed CMS-induced sucrose intake reduction and CRF elevation. These results suggested that icariin possessed potent antidepressant-like activities which were at least in part mediated by improving the abnormalities in the HPA axis functions. However, we did not find a clear correlation between the HPT axis and icariin treatment in the CMS-treated rats.