Too much zinc?
- 06-22-2003, 11:50 PM
Too much zinc?
According to this article, I'm taking way too much zinc. My tablets are 50mg plus I take a multi that has another 22.5 mg. And I take liver tabs. Could this be why I sleep so much?
- 06-22-2003, 11:55 PM
06-23-2003, 12:07 AM
The zinc makes me sleep like a rock. Problem is, I sleep too much, usually 12 hours or more (I'm on leave). I guess I'll ditch the zinc then...
06-23-2003, 01:02 AM
I've read a book called Prescription for Natural Healing where they recommend 100 mg. Zinc from supplements max daily, but they didn't take bodybuilders into account
06-23-2003, 01:17 AM
multi's plenty for regulating natural levels, unless you are looking for a natural sleep aid... I don't add the liver tab nutrients into my daily totals for anything, really, so no prob there... might be overkill but is cheap overkill, and they are primarily b complex, amino mega fart pills anyway.
06-23-2003, 01:37 PM
toxicity level is 2000 mg , i am using 100 mg per day of zinc gluconate before bed . with the listed benefits of zinc , and the cheap price , why the **** not , use it well .
06-24-2003, 08:56 PM
Just because 100mg is not toxic, doesn't mean it can't cause problems (mineral imbalances). I would strongly suggest researching proper copper supplementation to avoid problems... Zinc has mild aromatase and 5-AR inhibitory properties as well (good for some, bad for others).
06-25-2003, 06:03 AM
06-25-2003, 10:40 AM
Similar Forum Threads
- By useyourhead in forum SupplementsReplies: 9Last Post: 05-20-2011, 02:37 PM
- By Dcell22 in forum Get Diesel NutritionReplies: 13Last Post: 05-18-2010, 12:13 PM
- By kprimm in forum SupplementsReplies: 18Last Post: 01-29-2009, 09:49 PM
- By sundevil04 in forum SupplementsReplies: 1Last Post: 03-21-2006, 01:52 PM
- By curt2go in forum Weight LossReplies: 37Last Post: 12-22-2002, 06:56 PM