Crushing Tablets and it's effect on effectiveness????

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
Hey bros...need some opinions here. I recently bought some Universal Natural Sterol Complex (I know...rip on me for this one later, I have a buddy that loved it, figured I'd give a try for $18). Anyway...the pills are friggin' huge!! I'm not much of a pill person...always had problems gettin down the larger pills. I haven't started taking yet...will soon, but if I do run into some trouble would crushing them and downing with water pretty much ruin it? I used to do this with some old arginine horse pills a few years back. I still seemed to get the effects from that...any help??

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
I don't know that product, but I would say that as long as its not timed-released, that crushing them up would be just fine.

nootropolis

nootropolis

Awards
in general though, crushing, increasing the the rate of absorption, there fore the peak height and shortens duration

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
in general though, crushing, increasing the the rate of absorption, there fore the peak height and shortens duration

I don't agree with that... Unless it is a REALLY slow dissolving tablet. Asprins dissolve in minutes (sometimes too quickly and then YUCK!)... chewing them doesnt make them any shorter-acting.