6-OXO Extreme Dosing?

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
6-oxo xtreme

The write-up suggests 10 pills a day (twice daily dosing of 5 pills) divided by 75 in a bottle. That means one bottle equals 7.5 days worth of product.

I'm not understanding this. It looks like an interesting product but I'm wondering who is going to buy 4 to 8 bottles worth to run the suggested 4-8 week cycle of it?

I've got to think there's a mistake in the suggested dosing. Unless these go for $5-$10 a bottle, the math just doesn't pencil out if Ergopharm expects this to be a mass market product.

Is there anyone with insight on this?

300Fan

Awards
yea dosages are going crazy... I dont think anyone knows whats going on with this product yet. I think it would be best to just wait till its released. Im hoping this isnt a $60+ product

bigstabile

bigstabile

Awards
  • Established
The write-up suggests 10 pills a day (twice daily dosing of 5 pills) divided by 75 in a bottle. That means one bottle equals 7.5 days worth of product.

I'm not understanding this. It looks like an interesting product but I'm wondering who is going to buy 4 to 8 bottles worth to run the suggested 4-8 week cycle of it?

I've got to think there's a mistake in the suggested dosing. Unless these go for $5-$10 a bottle, the math just doesn't pencil out if Ergopharm expects this to be a mass market product.

Is there anyone with insight on this?
Somebody said that the write up may be for the beta test version.

p951

p951

Awards
6-oxo extreme looks like it will be retailing for around $40/bottle of 75 pills. The dosage recommendations are 5 pills, up to 2x per day. The old 6-oxo says to use 3 pills, up to 2x per day. It does make sense, as 6-oxo extreme has added ingredients that 6-oxo doesn't have. It looks like 5 pills of 6-oxo extreme will contain what 3 pills of 6-oxo had + the new stuff added. With less dosage and a substantially higher price, I don't see this product as a big seller initially. Unless, of course, I am wrong with the dosages. Nobody, but PA, and a select few know though, because no info has been released yet. It is just conjecture at this point. A moot point.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
not exact but it comes out to around $150 a month!:sick: :run:

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
6-oxo extreme looks like it will be retailing for around $40/bottle of 75 pills. The dosage recommendations are 5 pills, up to 2x per day. The old 6-oxo says to use 3 pills, up to 2x per day. It does make sense, as 6-oxo extreme has added ingredients that 6-oxo doesn't have. It looks like 5 pills of 6-oxo extreme will contain what 3 pills of 6-oxo had + the new stuff added. With less dosage and a substantially higher price, I don't see this product as a big seller initially. Unless, of course, I am wrong with the dosages. Nobody, but PA, and a select few know though, because no info has been released yet. It is just conjecture at this point. A moot point.
Nope, full write-up with doasages is on ergopharm website. The only thing missing is retail price.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
It's kinda stupid how people would rather spend a little money on supps that do barely anything (and they spend this money monthly), yet pitch a fit when a well designed supp actually costs what it's worth.

I guess that's just the dominating human nature of preserving mediocrity rearing its head.
I don't share your enthusiasm for this product. It looks interesting but let's break it down: It contains a weak AI, ZMA, a flavanoid, pepper extract and resveratrol. This isn't cutting edge biotech or the product of a rare flower which only blossoms once a year. This is a synergy of commonly available supplements (I have all of them in my sup cabinet at this very moment).

Resveratrol exerts its effects over long term continuous dosing. Making it more biolavailable by adding in a flavanoid and pepper extract is a neat idea but you still need to take resveratrol consistently for months to years to see its effects. Coupling it with something one needs to cycle like an AI isn't making sense to me.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
how stupid is it to spend 30-40 bucks for 60- 6oxo when you can buy 90 trione for 12 bucks?

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Resveratrol exerts its effects over long term continuous dosing. Making it more biolavailable by adding in a flavanoid and pepper extract is a neat idea but you still need to take resveratrol consistently for months to years to see its effects. Coupling it with something one needs to cycle like an AI isn't making sense to me.
This is a very good point. I hadn't even thought of it that way.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't share your enthusiasm for this product. It looks interesting but let's break it down: It contains a weak AI, ZMA, a flavanoid, pepper extract and resveratrol. This isn't cutting edge biotech or the product of a rare flower which only blossoms once a year. This is a synergy of commonly available supplements (I have all of them in my sup cabinet at this very moment).

Another issue is the unstability of resveratrol.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/ibe-nutrition/59707-orally-active-resveratrol.html

I am guessing that the large amount of caps is due to the large amounts of resveratrol necessary for an effective dose. I think this is product's release was more to build a little extra revenues, rather than innovation.

Another thing which we need to take into account about the cost efficiency with this supplement is the fact that it is resveratrol is not a very cost-effective supplement in the first place. Factor in the costs of 6-oxo, ZMA (I think they still have to pay royalties for this), and the costs of capping/packaging it all, and $40 per bottle really isn't that unrealistic. I do agree, however, that the the amount of caps provided in each bottle is a bit low.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
big thanks to dsade and np for bulk powders. supplements are getting as bad as prescriptions, no one can afford the original, have to get the generic.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
Another thing which we need to take into account about the cost efficiency with this supplement is the fact that it is resveratrol is not a very cost-effective supplement in the first place. Factor in the costs of 6-oxo, ZMA (I think they still have to pay royalties for this), and the costs of capping/packaging it all, and $40 per bottle really isn't that unrealistic. I do agree, however, that the the amount of caps provided in each bottle is a bit low.
Yeah, I am in NO WAY saying that Ergo is trying to rip anyone off with this. I'm just looking at the ingredients and the effect they are likely to deliver, and wondering why I should pay $120 for a month's supply. That's what confuses me. This product isn't going to be that different in effect from things like Jungle Warfare, BAM and MassFX.....but at triple the price. I must be missing something.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, if you can get away with selling it at triple the price.........wouldn't you? Sure this will take away from some of the consumer pools, but as PA had mentioned in another thread, Ergo isn't in direct competition with companies like AX (or ALRI); therefore, the consumers he'd lose to products like JW, BAM, MassFX, or HD were a lost cause to begin with.

phrost

Awards
Yeah, I am in NO WAY saying that Ergo is trying to rip anyone off with this. I'm just looking at the ingredients and the effect they are likely to deliver, and wondering why I should pay $120 for a month's supply. That's what confuses me. This product isn't going to be that different in effect from things like Jungle Warfare, BAM and MassFX.....but at triple the price. I must be missing something.
You will need 4 bottles for a full month, so it will be $160 + shipping costs. I will definitely not be buying this.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
look for 3 page adds in m&f magazine. i bet ergo is ramping up the pr machine for this one.

Dr_C2

Dr_C2

Awards
Yeah, I'm with you there. My first thought was "Is there something on the label that I missed?" So, I did a double take and came away with this :think:

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established

this is all correct. this product is what it is, you can't make expensive ingredients cheaper. I could throw crap in a bottle and tell you its better and sell it for cheap but you don't want that

I understand cost is a big issue here. this product perhaps could be used as part of a 6-OXO cycle if you are tight budgeted. start off with extreme for a week or two then go to 6-OXO. or use for whatever times you feel you need the maximum test benefit

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
IResveratrol exerts its effects over long term continuous dosing. Making it more biolavailable by adding in a flavanoid and pepper extract is a neat idea but you still need to take resveratrol consistently for months to years to see its effects. Coupling it with something one needs to cycle like an AI isn't making sense to me.

you are confusing gene mediated Sirt1 effects with estrogen receptor antagonist effects. the former does take time, the latter does not

resveratrol's testosterone increasing effects are seen within a week or two. one of our guys had an increase of 1100% in total test after 4 weeks while taking 1000mg res / 1000mg quercetin combination

i knew people would scoff at resveratrol and quercetin etc. i would have too if i did not see how powerful the combo was. i had to put that in the product, despite cost and lack of luster

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Another issue is the unstability of resveratrol.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/ibe-nutrition/59707-orally-active-resveratrol.html

I am guessing that the large amount of caps is due to the large amounts of resveratrol necessary for an effective dose. I think this is product's release was more to build a little extra revenues, rather than innovation.

1) i want to take zma out for the future to reduce cost

2) there are no stabiility issues with resveratrol. this is completely false rumor. do a search

3) i don't understand your comment on resveratrol being not a cost effective supplement. to make this comment than you would have to have a supplement that does the same things as resveratrol to compare it against. there is none though. its in a class by itself in regards to its striking effects on metabolism, aging, and hormone production

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
in the future, i suggest you don't use internet postings as a resource tool

Journal of Medicinal Food
Resveratrol and Its Glycon Piceid Are Stable Polyphenols
Mar 2006, Vol. 9, No. 1 : 11 -14

Jiri Prokop
1Interpharma Praha, a.s., Prague, Czech Republic.
Petr Abrman
1Interpharma Praha, a.s., Prague, Czech Republic.
Allen L. Seligson
Biophysica Research, San Diego, La Jolla, California.
Milos Sovak
Biophysica Research and University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California.
Plant extracts containing phytopolyphenols, including resveratrol, are extensively used as nutraceutical supplements. Recent reports allege their lack of stability at ambient conditions. We have studied the stability of resveratrol and its glycon piceid in a mixture with a whole grape extract for 2 years (long-term stability) under Good Manufacturing Practice pharmaceutical protocols (at 60% humidity and 25°C). The neat compounds were followed for 4 years under conditions of "accelerated stability," at 75% humidity and 40°C, all in the presence of ambient air. Chromatographic analysis did not detect any instability, thus disproving the claims to the opposite. No storage precautions are necessary for these nutritional supplements.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Well, if you can get away with selling it at triple the price.........wouldn't you? Sure this will take away from some of the consumer pools, but as PA had mentioned in another thread, Ergo isn't in direct competition with companies like AX (or ALRI); therefore, the consumers he'd lose to products like JW, BAM, MassFX, or HD were a lost cause to begin with.

i am not trying to get away with anything. this product is extemely expensive to make

i hear you though. in the future i will not release any products which cost alot to make. even if they are very effective. cuz it pisses people off and then i have to live with being accused of greedy. then everyone is upset

you would rather be restricted to cheaper less effective products. whichis cool.

the consumer is the boss

jasonschaffin

Awards
  • Established
you are confusing gene mediated Sirt1 effects with estrogen receptor antagonist effects. the former does take time, the latter does not

resveratrol's testosterone increasing effects are seen within a week or two. one of our guys had an increase of 1100% in total test after 4 weeks while taking 1000mg res / 1000mg quercetin combination

i knew people would scoff at resveratrol and quercetin etc. i would have too if i did not see how powerful the combo was. i had to put that in the product, despite cost and lack of luster
Any numbers on his free test?? Was this taken as a standalon "cycle" or as a PCT? That seems a very impressive number, if it is anywhere near the average this may very well be worth all the money.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Any numbers on his free test?? Was this taken as a standalon "cycle" or as a post cycle therapy? That seems a very impressive number, if it is anywhere near the average this may very well be worth all the money.
there was no free test taken. it was done standalone, he had not done any hormone stuff for quite a while

resveratrol at that dose also makes you feel remarkably good

don't knock this till you try it

people knock AMP all the time cuz it says geranium oil. they think it is sissy

2) there are no stabiility issues with resveratrol. this is completely false rumor. do a search
I been preaching this since we released SirPlus. The stability issue was feed into the media by the man researching resveratrol as a way to cause consumer speculation before he released his product.

It's Great what a NBC report does to society's perception.

Dr_C2

Dr_C2

Awards

Thanks for the FYI. Count me in the enlightened camp now. I misread the information as it was posted.

p951

p951

Awards
i am not trying to get away with anything. this product is extemely expensive to make

i hear you though. in the future i will not release any products which cost alot to make. even if they are very effective. cuz it pisses people off and then i have to live with being accused of greedy. then everyone is upset

you would rather be restricted to cheaper less effective products. whichis cool.

the consumer is the boss
Not true Patrick. To me, bodybuilding is as addictive as some of the drugs I tried out in college. I'm 34 years old and when I started working out during high school, bodybuilding was almost frowned upon and people deemed us as stupid and wasting time. My how things have changed. Everyone from every walk of life participates at the gym in some capacity now. As the population that digs working out and bodybuilding grows, so too will the money available for purchasing supplements. Heck, I spend about $200 a month on supplements of various kinds every month. At my age, and I think I speak for alot of people, what I want is a product that is safer than a steroid but gives visible results. It doesn't have to add 10 pounds of LBM in 10 weeks, but it does have to produce visible and measurable results. As long as we can go to the gym, bust our asses and continue to make progress, then we are happy. We just hate to bust our asses and see basically nothing. To say you are greedy, no way! To say you are ambitious, hell yes! We need creative minds like yours dedicated to bringing the bodybuilding/weightlifter the best posssible product. Rest assured, there are some of us with deep pockets, who will pay a premium for products you develop.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
1) i want to take zma out for the future to reduce cost

3) i don't understand your comment on resveratrol being not a cost effective supplement. to make this comment than you would have to have a supplement that does the same things as resveratrol to compare it against. there is none though. its in a class by itself in regards to its striking effects on metabolism, aging, and hormone production
1) Removing the ZMA is probably a good idea, as most people who use ZMA, use it as a staple supplement anyways.

2) My bad, I just go by what I hear. If I'm ever wrong, don't hesitate to correct me, 90% of why I'm even on these boards is to learn. :)

3)Cost effectiveness is more of an opinionated thing. I was referring to how much it costs per day, which is kinda high for someone of my income to be taking regularly (I guess "Cost-restricting" would be a better term to use). But I do agree with your rebuttlement, there really isn't something to compare it to as to say something like "it would be cheaper to use ______"

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established

Thanks for chiming in. I wasn't scoffing. You are correct, I was thinking about resveratrol's effects upon Sirt1 (and possible other gene expression). So, resveratrol is included in this product as estrogen receptor antagonist? Hmmmm, I'd actually done some research on this but the only commercial product I was aware of was put out by Biotest (and thus was suspect in my mind).

I'll keep my mind open on this but that price is still pretty steep for me.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
We are approaching 28 posts on about 500 hits. Obviously, not alot of people have an opinion on this. It seems as if Anabolic Minds either does not have a very educated audience, or they are just too lazy to post. Get with it, lazy *****. This is a forum dedicated to a give and take audience. If you sit on your butt and don't relay information than no-one benefits. Let's give some discussion, please!
We don't need useless blather just to fill screens. So far, I think that this has actually been a concise and informative thread.

jasonschaffin

Awards
  • Established
there was no free test taken. it was done standalone, he had not done any hormone stuff for quite a while

resveratrol at that dose also makes you feel remarkably good

don't knock this till you try it

people knock AMP all the time cuz it says geranium oil. they think it is sissy
Do you have a roundabout number as to what the average increase in test was for your testers? (no pun intended) I definately could no afford this but it seems an amazing product. If only we could make reservatol cheaper. I loved AMP but seemed to get accustomed to it really quick. Any advice on how to keep it working? I was taking quite a few stims during that time though, maybe I should try it again now that I have toned it down quite a bit.

DeerDeer

DeerDeer

Awards
  • Established
So is that the consensus for the dosing schedule?

How does bid dosing x 2 weeks then qday dosing for the last 2 weeks (for of course 4 weeks total)?

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Do you have a roundabout number as to what the average increase in test was for your testers? (no pun intended) I definately could no afford this but it seems an amazing product. If only we could make reservatol cheaper. I loved AMP but seemed to get accustomed to it really quick. Any advice on how to keep it working? I was taking quite a few stims during that time though, maybe I should try it again now that I have toned it down quite a bit.

there were only three testers and their numbers were all over the place so an average is not very helpful

resveratrol is gonna be expensive for a while i think cuz supply cannot keep up with demand

we should be doing some tests on users of the product itself pretty soon. i wish i had someone to organize and carry this out for me

try clearshot, it works better than amp IMO

jasonschaffin

Awards
  • Established
there were only three testers and their numbers were all over the place so an average is not very helpful

resveratrol is gonna be expensive for a while i think cuz supply cannot keep up with demand

we should be doing some tests on users of the product itself pretty soon. i wish i had someone to organize and carry this out for me

try clearshot, it works better than amp IMO
I liked Clearshot, alot. Crazy sense of well being and good energy. Didn't get to workout with it though just work. Buddy loved it too.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm following along on this too but i'll have to wait till the price comes down a bit since i don't have the deep pockets other have but i'm all for making quality products and it costing a bit more for what you get. All I ask for is that you do indeed get what you pay for. Interesting and i will be trying this out at some point. i'd like to see some threads/logs on this to track.

Cordeen

Awards
  • Established

These percentages are amazing. It would be nice to see some other posts with pre and post bloodwork while on Resveratrol at similiar dosages.

Any "inhouse" numbers or percentages from Anabolic Innovations and their Post Cycle Support? The all around positive feedback obviously dictates that it works.

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
So...any feedback on 6-OXO Extreme anybody? Preferably stand-alone.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So...any feedback on 6-OXO Extreme anybody? Preferably stand-alone.

I cant say ive used it standalone as im using the new massfx but before i did get the new Massfx in i was on 6 oxo extreme for a good 5 days and the sense of well being definately was there. My "boyz" seem to be liking it rather well too. Good product most definately, price is high, but the product does what it says.

krazy

Awards

ROFL. This post was quoted as a SOURCE on Wikipedia page for Resveratrol.

Resveratrol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not to say I dont believe PA.. Just gotta love the Wikipedians.