Help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Twisterdad

Twisterdad

Awards
Ok I have talked to a sports medicine doctor and he says to take BCAAs after your workout, and to take Creatine before your workout, Right now I take BCAAs during my workout and Creatine after and then I take my whey protein after that, which way is the correct way or are either right??

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Most take their creatine before/during the workouts. I take my BCAA's during my workout. The only thing I take post workout is my protein shake.

Twisterdad

Twisterdad

Awards
Most take their creatine before/during the workouts. I take my BCAA's during my workout. The only thing I take post workout is my protein shake.
Thank you so much that is what most people I have talked to have said.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm surprised you've found a doc to even suggest taking any of those things. Even the sports doc I saw last year said creatine was a money gimmic and it was destroyed before being absorbed and as long as you ate meat you had enough creatine. He was a Multi-V, protein powder and electrolyte guy.

Riquee

Riquee

Awards
  • Established
Ok I have talked to a sports medicine doctor and he says to take BCAAs after your workout, and to take Creatine before your workout, Right now I take BCAAs during my workout and Creatine after and then I take my whey protein after that, which way is the correct way or are either right??
Most split the BCAA's dose in 3: before/during/after

during is ok..and the protein shake PostW. should be no problem..as for the creatine also split by most in Pre and post..

p951

p951

Awards
I use about 15 grams of BCAA's 30 minutes before working out along with a 1 scoop Whey Protein shake which adds another 5 grams BCAA's. I then take 10 grams of BCAA's immediately after working out with a 2 scoop Whey Protein shake. So basically 20 grams pre w/o and 20 grams post w/o. When I am on Creatine, I will split it up 3 grams pre-w/o and 3 grams post w/o.

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
creatine pre-wo along with 15g of BCAA
15g BCAA during
10g BCAA after, then 15-20min later my PWO shake
as you can tell I recommend bulk BCAA lol

p951

p951

Awards
Pretty much the same as my recommendation. BCAA's are quite bitter, so best to down with crystal light. Also, it takes about 5 minutes to settle to the bottom of the cup/glass/shaker/blender. So give it that time after mixing until drinking, unless you don't mind drinking wet powder.

Twisterdad

Twisterdad

Awards
15g BCAA during
Dang that is a awful lot of BCAAs, ok will try that

Motomatt

Motomatt

Awards
15g BCAA during
I would also add some r ala to creatine/BCAA post w/o.
YMMV

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
Dang that is a awful lot of BCAAs, ok will try that
I have found bulk BCAA's for about $40...that lasts a few months, not bad if you ask me.
I do have to add that on my workout days about 17g of those BCAA's are coming from Xtend not just the bulk.

young_squatter

Board Sponsor
Awards
Thats fine, There is no problem taking the creatine with the whey post workout.