NO Explode=high vit B6=dangerous??

H

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established
I was looking a little more closely to the supplement fact on this and I noticed 1 scoop of NO Explode has 25mg of vitamin B6. This might not sound bad a first until you realize that high dosages of B6 can cause nerve damage!! And it takes about 3scoops for No Explode to work and if you do that every time you workout then that equals a lot of B6 and thats not counting the B6 that you get from natural sources!

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
According to mayoclinic the max. daily recommended dose is 100 mg Vitamin B6 - MayoClinic.com .

What looks promising is that according to wikipedia (cited), "None of the studies, in which an objective neurological examination was performed, found evidence of sensory nerve damage at intakes of pyridoxine below 200 mg/day (15)."
Can't find the link to that 15th citation oddly enough. But it doesn't seem like reason to worry too much, but if you take 3 scoops a day just keep your eyes out for symptoms of some nerve damage.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
What are symptoms of nerve damage?

B6 (at dosages of 300-500mg) worked wonders from prolactin-induced gynecomastia for me.

BuckeyeMuscle

BuckeyeMuscle

Awards
  • Established
Since all the B Vitamins are water soluble, if you drink enough water throughout the day it won't be a problem at all.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
What are symptoms of nerve damage?

B6 (at dosages of 300-500mg) worked wonders from prolactin-induced gynecomastia for me.
Some symptoms of B6 overdose is listed at B-Complex Vitamins: DRI/RDA, negative side effects, overdose & toxicity .

As for nerve damage, I was referring to these symptoms that I read "Vitamin B6 is usually safe, at intakes up to 200 mg per day in adults. However, vitamin B6 can cause neurological disorders, such as loss of sensation in legs and imbalance, when taken in high doses (200 mg or more per day) over a long period of time. Vitamin B6 toxicity can damage sensory nerves, leading to numbness in the hands and feet as well as difficulty walking. Symptoms of a pyridoxine overdose may include poor coordination, staggering, numbness, decreased sensation to touch, temperature, and vibration,; and tiredness for up to six months."
from Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine) - sources, benefits, dosage, deficiency, overdose, toxicity

But like Buckeye said it is water-soluble and most people that exercise/workout hydrate themselves properly.