Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.17%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Everyone needs to comment here. We only have to april 30th FDA action

this has been posted on other forums

Urgent! This is not a joke or e-mail legend. If you do not act on this you may never be able to get any nutritional products again unless your doctor prescribes them. And we know two things about that:

Most, but certainly not all doctors, have virtually NO training regarding nutritional supplements.

Once the product comes from a drug company instead of a nutritional company the price skyrockets immediately.

If you have EVER bought anything (natural health product) over the counter, on line, phone, or thru a distributor the FDA is planning to put a stop to this.

Please, Please
    respond to the URL listed below & help us stop the FDA-again!

There is a CRISIS in HEALTH FREEDOM!! On April 30, 2007 the FDA will close the public comment period on a 'Guidance' which will classify
    EVERY alternative practice as medicine so that only licensed physicians can carry out the procedure AND vitamins, minerals, herbs, etc., will suddenly become 'untested drugs' which WILL BE FORBIDDEN!

Bad? Real Bad! But public outcry can stop this assault on your health and your freedom.

I don't normally pass these types of email around - but this one is very important. Please take a moment to read it and respond. We must protect our rights to use supplements without the involvement of the FDA. Pharmaceutical companies would like nothing more than to strip you of your rights to purchase over-the-counter supplements.

If you don't think its possible take a look north to Canada or across the ocean to Europe. You can't buy DHEA in Canada. You can't buy free form amino acids without a prescription in Europe!

Take a minute to use the link at the bottom and let the FDA know you won't sit still and have them railroad you!

Please share this link with them and urge them to take action:

The letter to the government is already written, all you need to do to send it is to go here:

Democracy In Action

Spread the word! Tell everyone in your Circle of Influence, professionals, alternative practitioners, nutrient and herb companies, everyone! Let them know how important their participation is to make sure the FDA backs off from this repressive course.

The letter to the government is already written, all you need to do to send it is to go here:

Democracy In Action
    toes-on-the-nose.blogspot.com Deployed blogging

2. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.88%

Is this legit?

It seems like this kind of thing goes around every so often.
  3. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.08%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Looks like someone heard something about something and went to this. Never heard of that yet..
    •   

4. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.08%

If this is true, wow.
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  192 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.03%

Once I have verification that this is indeed fact, I will have no problem signing and sending to everyone I know.
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.49%

You can't buy free form amino acids without a prescription in Europe!
    typo or somthing, cuz it aint true...
  7. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.17%

well it was posted by 2 people one is a sponsor on here I cant for sure verify but here are some more links

Health freedom action alert: FDA attempting to regulate supplements, herbs and juices as "drugs"
    http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/script...cfm?AGENCY=FDA

edit: i read into it a little more, i found the whole thing:
    http://www.fda.gov/OHRMS/DOCKETS/98f...80-gld0001.pdf
    toes-on-the-nose.blogspot.com Deployed blogging
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.75%

sent
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.72%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Sent.

Beware the Codex.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.24%

sent.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.24%

sent.
  12. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.24%

(My bad, computer def. screwed up)
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  212 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.53%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I can't fathom that this could possibly be real
  14. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.32%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Leggo my Ego View Post
    I can't fathom that this could possibly be real

Yes I believe it is a bunch of BS also.
  15. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.83%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I have heard rumors of this every year, never know when to take it seriously, but it is always good to check out just incase this is the big one
  16. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.85%

This is BULL the same thing happened at another form It sayed basically the same stuuff and this was on april fouls.
  17. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.75%

sent
  18. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.13%

real or not SENT

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths . Proverbs 3:5-6
  19. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.12%

Quote Originally Posted by mmowry View Post
    real or not SENT

What he said. Sent!
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.21%

sent
  21. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    10.12%

Quote Originally Posted by mmowry View Post
    real or not SENT
    Yup
  22. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  256 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.53%
    Achievements Posting Pro

this is what is currently posted at Save Our Supplements - Protect Your Access to Safe, Effective & Affordable Dietary Supplements. they have like interfaces to send letters to your states representatives and congress people as well as other actions with FDA polls. They also provide up to minute info and current status on each bill.

What Legislation is Congress Considering?
    Congress is now considering legislation that would take away your access to safe, effective and affordable dietary supplements.

The Dietary Supplement Access and Awareness Act (H.R. 3156), introduced by Representatives Davis (D-CA), Waxman (D-CA), and Dingell (D-MI), this month, would place trusted vitamins, minerals, and herbs under unprecedented and unwarranted scrutiny.

The legislation would:

Regulate supplements in ways similar to prescription drugs

Require adverse event reports to be turned over to the FDA, even though other foods - including those with identical ingredients - do not have the same requirements

Order supplement companies to demonstrate that a vitamin or mineral is not adulterated - in other words, disproving a negative

Allow the Health and Human Services Secretary to declare that a supplement presents an unreasonable risk to the public, even if he/she cannot prove that the substance has actually caused harm in particular cases.
    If H.R. 3156 becomes law, 70 percent of dietary supplements currently on the market would become subject to burdensome new regulations - some equivalent to those required for prescription drugs - driving up supplement prices for everyone and forcing well known dietary supplements to disappear from store shelves. Review our position paper. Check current bill status. Take action to tell your elected officials to oppose H.R. 3156.

The Senate is considering S. 1137, a bill to include dehydroepiandrosterone or DHEA, as an anabolic steroid. This legislation would add DHEA to the list of controlled substances, causing it to be immediately removed from the market when the bill becomes law. S. 1137 has been referred to the Senate Judiciary Committee. We expect that similar legislation will be introduced in the House very soon.

DHEA is not an anabolic steroid. It is a naturally occurring hormone that has a wide range of benefits, including maintaining muscle strength and strong bones, boosting immunity, and improving mood and sleep patterns. Further studies suggest that DHEA may be helpful for such conditions as obesity, cancer and Alzheimer's disease. DHEA dietary supplements, which have been on the market for over 20 years, are derived from a plant in the wild yam family. Review our position paper. Check current bill status. Tell Congress you oppose S. 1137.
    Congress is also considering legislation that would make dietary supplements more accessible:

The Dietary Supplement and Healthy Meal Replacement Tax Parity Act, H.R. 1545. Under this act, foods and dietary supplements with approved health claims can receive the same tax treatment as other products that maintain health and prevent illness. Review our position paper.

The Healthy People, Healthy Choices Act of 2005, H.R. 161 , and the introduction of a companion bill in the Senate, which would authorize the Center for Disease Control to provide grants to promote healthy eating and exercise among minorities. Review our position paper.

The DSHEA Full Implementation and Enforcement Act, H.R. 2485 , which would ensure that the FDA has adequate funding to carry out the law as Congress intended. Review our position paper.

The Dietary Supplement Tax Fairness Act of 2005, H.R. 2486 , and the re-introduction of a companion bill in the Senate that would allow for the deductibility of dietary supplements in a manner consistent with other health care expenses that receive favorable treatment by the IRS. Review our position paper.
  23. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.01%

Anyone have a link to the actual bills?

CROWLER
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade
  24. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  256 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.53%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by CROWLER View Post
    Anyone have a link to the actual bills?

CROWLER
    'To amend the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act with respect to dietary supplements.'
    Bill # H.R.3156

'A bill to include dehydroepiandrosterone as an anabolic steroid.'
    Bill # S.1137
  25. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.05%

thanks for giving me your contact guys!
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  256 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.53%
    Achievements Posting Pro

guys - this organization will also put your on their subscription lists on updates to this info as well as informing you of new supplement related bills and actions in government.

Save Our Supplements - Protect Your Access to Safe, Effective & Affordable Dietary Supplements
  27. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.43%

a prescription for protein shakes? yea ok

does these idiots understand how much of these "supplements" are in the food we eat every single day? do i need a prescription for a glass of milk or a piece of steak?
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  252 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.82%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Sent. A$$holes!
  29. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'7"  270 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.54%

sent
  30. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'8"  212 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.53%
    Achievements Posting Pro

sent *twice*
  31. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  256 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.53%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by jomi822 View Post
    a prescription for protein shakes? yea ok

does these idiots understand how much of these "supplements" are in the food we eat every single day? do i need a prescription for a glass of milk or a piece of steak?
    A bit of history here - this has come up from time to time from the mid 90's on. with recent changes like the ph ban and ephedra act - congress seems to feel like they have more balls on the subject now. the problem is the few people or cases you hear about in the news are the bad stories. unfortunately - i don't know why they are not hearing the good stories about supplements or learning about the benefits. so they look good looking like they are looking out for societies best interest. in this case - this is not the case.

all note - the site i provided also provides links to submit an email to our beloved President on these bills as well as your state reps. they should hear your voice as well as this fda poll on the original post.

Moose In - Moose Out
  32. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.56%

I don't have a problem with that. I work in a Doctors office that knows tons about nutrition. Also the other Doctors I work with know about health on the preventive side as well so I really don't know where this information is comming from about Doctors not knowing about nutrition.

We draw blood than perscribe them what they need based on the results. As acurate as one can get. Vitamins and minerals even protein. So even with the ban we are in the safe at our office.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside Backer View Post
    this has been posted on other forums

Urgent! This is not a joke or e-mail legend. If you do not act on this you may never be able to get any nutritional products again unless your doctor prescribes them. And we know two things about that:

Most, but certainly not all doctors, have virtually NO training regarding nutritional supplements.

Once the product comes from a drug company instead of a nutritional company the price skyrockets immediately.

If you have EVER bought anything (natural health product) over the counter, on line, phone, or thru a distributor the FDA is planning to put a stop to this.

Please, Please
    respond to the URL listed below & help us stop the FDA-again!

There is a CRISIS in HEALTH FREEDOM!! On April 30, 2007 the FDA will close the public comment period on a 'Guidance' which will classify
    EVERY alternative practice as medicine so that only licensed physicians can carry out the procedure AND vitamins, minerals, herbs, etc., will suddenly become 'untested drugs' which WILL BE FORBIDDEN!

Bad? Real Bad! But public outcry can stop this assault on your health and your freedom.

I don't normally pass these types of email around - but this one is very important. Please take a moment to read it and respond. We must protect our rights to use supplements without the involvement of the FDA. Pharmaceutical companies would like nothing more than to strip you of your rights to purchase over-the-counter supplements.

If you don't think its possible take a look north to Canada or across the ocean to Europe. You can't buy DHEA in Canada. You can't buy free form amino acids without a prescription in Europe!

Take a minute to use the link at the bottom and let the FDA know you won't sit still and have them railroad you!

Democracy In Action

Spread the word! Tell everyone in your Circle of Influence, professionals, alternative practitioners, nutrient and herb companies, everyone! Let them know how important their participation is to make sure the FDA backs off from this repressive course.

Democracy In Action
  33. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  256 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.53%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by djbombsquad View Post
    I don't have a problem with that. I work in a Doctors office that knows tons about nutrition. Also the other Doctors I work with know about health on the preventive side as well so I really don't know where this information is comming from about Doctors not knowing about nutrition.

We draw blood than perscribe them what they need based on the results. As acurate as one can get. Vitamins and minerals even protein. So even with the ban we are in the safe at our office.

this is really an issue about personal choice and freedom to me. and from my experience - every dr. i had always said to get all my nutrition from food. only one said that i should take a b-complex - with no further oversight like what should be taken with b for absorption, etc.

we are going backwards here and the government is watching over all our decisions.
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  252 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.82%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I have a major problem with having to get a script for protein powder.
  35. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.56%

Quote Originally Posted by AnonyMoose View Post
    this is really an issue about personal choice and freedom to me. and from my experience - every dr. i had always said to get all my nutrition from food. only one said that i should take a b-complex - with no further oversight like what should be taken with b for absorption, etc.

we are going backwards here and the government is watching over all our decisions.
    The Doctor I work with has a whole sluew of vitamins, minerals, fish oil etc and even few herbs in his ofice he carrys for patients.
  36. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.56%

37. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  256 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.53%
    Achievements Posting Pro

The Doctor I work with has a whole sluew of vitamins, minerals, fish oil etc and even few herbs in his ofice he carrys for patients.

my point is that your dr is rare.
  38. rollin' on dubs!
    Stats
    5'9"  178 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.35%

calm down everybody. ok, i took an urban legends class to fulfill my upper division humanity requirement in college, and this is the typical chain email hoax. there is nothing true about it whatsoever.

think about it. the supplement industry does support our economy. and how many times have we heard that all supps might be banned soon? too many times. if this was true about april 30th, dont you think retailers would be unloading inventory at rock bottom prices? use some logic and youll know this is another false rumor.

these chain emails are never accurate or even close to accurate. remember, the anthrax scare, HIV needle in mvoie seat scare, KFC rumor, etc. none of this stuff actually happens...
  39. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  256 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.53%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by WannaBeHulk View Post
    calm down everybody. ok, i took an urban legends class to fulfill my upper division humanity requirement in college, and this is the typical chain email hoax. there is nothing true about it whatsoever.

think about it. the supplement industry does support our economy. and how many times have we heard that all supps might be banned soon? too many times. if this was true about april 30th, dont you think retailers would be unloading inventory at rock bottom prices? use some logic and youll know this is another false rumor.

these chain emails are never accurate or even close to accurate. remember, the anthrax scare, HIV needle in mvoie seat scare, KFC rumor, etc. none of this stuff actually happens...
    i hate to burst your bubble - but look up these bills that are on the hill right now. this is "kind of" "like" "real" right now. and remember what happened when bidden proposed the anabolic steriod act a few years back.
  40. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.23%

An awful lot of people could lose their jobs over this. Why couldn't they just go after the tobacco industry? Apparently people in the FDA would rather give up supplements than cigarettes or alcohol.

Similar Forum Threads

1. You have to click on this thread--have to!
    By Guest in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 02-10-2008, 02:57 PM
  2. Do we really have to pay taxes?
    By Kegger in forum General Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-20-2007, 10:33 AM
  3. Please! Everyone Respond Here! We Need Your Help!
    By windwords7 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 03-31-2003, 03:32 PM