Most Important Supplement ever!

Favorite Genre

• Classic Rock ( i.e. Metallic, ACDC, ZZtop)

Votes: 102 17.3%
  • Heavy Metal/Core (i.e.Mudvayne, Slipknot, Marilyn Manson)

Votes: 242 41.2%
  • Country (..I have no idea who listens to country when lifting)

Votes: 21 3.6%
  • Classical (Mozart, Beethoven, Chopin)

Votes: 13 2.2%
  • Rap/R&B ( Eminem, Lil John, Tupac)

Votes: 117 19.9%
  • Other

Votes: 93 15.8%

• Total voters
Socrates44

Socrates44

Awards
  • Established
While when thinking of supplements, I cant help but think of music. What are a few of your favorite bands that prime you for the gym?

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It depends what mood I want to put myself in.

Different music=different Moods

Taylor's Pride

Awards
oh good post, ive been looking for some good new bands to listen to when i lift so lets hear 'em. lately ive been listening to a lot of 40 Below Summer, Hatebreed and Killswitch Engage

Skircus7

Skircus7

constant recomp
Awards
  • Established
classic rock.....lol.....the only time I listen to the stuff is in the gym!

:clean:

Socrates44

Socrates44

Awards
  • Established
killswitch is an AWESOME band, ill check out 40 below summer.

Try Mushroomhead, they always get you jacked.

ps.- who did vote for country?!

sdmf45

sdmf45

Awards
  • Established
Heavy Fvckin Metal....For those who havn't heard about them check out the band HELL YEAH. That will get you ready to go.
And the usual:

Slipknot
Amon amarth
devil driver
Soulfly

check out the song "the smoke" by Amorphis
and as always Black Label Society!!! Zakk fvckin rules!!!!!

aleemdj2005

Axis Labs Rep
Awards
Mostly any new music I have, but its always Rap/Hip-Hop. Stuff like Young Jeezy, 50 cent, Eminem, etc

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
duh, heavy metal!!!

my personal favorites for workouts are pantera (vulgar display of power is the best CD ever created), slayer, slipknot, older static-X (their newer albums are terrible IMO), some disturbed and stonesour. cant go wrong with any of those.
Heavy Fvckin Metal....For those who havn't heard about them check out the band HELL YEAH. That will get you ready to go.
is hell yeah the new band with vinnie paul and some dudes from mudvayne? i havent looked into them yet. any song recommendations?

dalvare1

dalvare1

Awards
FEAR FACTORY!

Nothing gets me pumped up like hearing "smasher devourer" blasting in my ears!

and iron maiden, they have been in my player a lot lately!

sock

Awards
All That Remains
Hatebreed
Lamb oF God

2 cups of coffee, mindful of hate, and any of the above, and I am ready to tear the gym apart.

Socrates44

Socrates44

Awards
  • Established
Mudvayne-Dig, Severed,Internal Primates (F)orever
Lamb of God- Vigil and As the Palaces Burn
Mushroomhead-Bwomp and Born of Desire
Slipknot-Heretics Anthem
Killswitch-ALL the stuff with Howard
Marilyn Manson- Vodevil and Bright New Things

Hatebreed, Hate Theory, Pantera, Static, Underoath... and sooo many more.

Some hardcore rap is always there like Notorious B.I.G., Eminems angry stuff, Pac and Young Jeezy.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mudvayne not falling is pretty good, was from the movie Ghost ship I think where I saw it.

Glad to see 2 other people voted country :D I actually just like relaxing to it, and when I work out I'm usually listening to a podcast. Music is only if I really need the extra energy

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
GODSMACK! Seriously, I got the discography in my mp3.lol, this really gets you jacked!

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Who's kim?

BTW, I am soooo lovin' the new avi.

kim is his ex wife and a VERY crazy song/skit. you should download it. it made me feel like a bad person after i heard it the first time. but now..........:djparty: :djparty:

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I was kind of confused by the poll. I dont consider any on the list to be heavy metal. more alternative. anyway metal gets my vote:

Forbidden
Venom
Slayer
Overkill
Exodus
Megadeth

are all on my MP3 player now. great poll. I'll be checking out some of your recommendations. I always love new music that rocks.

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
and for those that actually get the username
Wasp. although I prefer to drink beer to them.

Dagron

Dagron

Awards
New Megadeth next month!!! There's a couple of songs floating around on various torrents off the album and it's shaping up to be pretty awesome from the sounds of it.

sdmf45

sdmf45

Awards
  • Established
is hell yeah the new band with vinnie paul and some dudes from mudvayne? i havent looked into them yet. any song recommendations?
Ya thats the band.....the whole cd is good but there is 2 songs that I listen too over and over

1. Matter of Time
2. Hell yeah

bluecollar

bluecollar

Awards
TERROR
DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR
FIGHT LIKE HELL
BLACKLISTED
DONNYBROOK
BLACK MY HEART
HOODS

I really dont understand how anyone can listen to top40 while doing squats!!!....KILL YOUR RADIO

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I listen to a mix of punk, metal, and instrumentals.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I never thought I liked buckethead either, but he's done some pretty nice solo work.

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
how about some Back Street Boys? not the new stuff. im talking about the old hard core stuff!!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Actually there was a study done where People trained at high altitudes and lower altitudes. The people that trained on high Altitudes had better gains. how does this relate to music?

When you listen to music , esp with headphones, it is like training at high altitude levels. Seach the Ast website or pubmed for more info. I dont know all the facts if it forced more blood into the muscles or what but thats what research says.

Chad

Chad

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Actually there was a study done where People trained at high altitudes and lower altitudes. The people that trained on high Altitudes had better gains. how does this relate to music?

When you listen to music , esp with headphones, it is like training at high altitude levels. Seach the Ast website or pubmed for more info. I dont know all the facts if it forced more blood into the muscles or what but thats what research says.
thats crazy. so if im in high altitude right now and then go lower will my strength go down? isn`t there less air the higher you go? wouldn`t that make you be able to do less?

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established
Mostly any new music I have, but its always Rap/Hip-Hop. Stuff like Young Jeezy, 50 cent, Eminem, etc
I recommend finding some good hip-hop. I assure you that what you've listed above is pure garbage. 90's hip-hop is just on an entirely different level, actual talent.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I recommend finding some good hip-hop. I assure you that what you've listed above is pure garbage. 90's hip-hop is just on an entirely different level, actual talent.
Snow?

AZ JB

AZ JB

Awards
Progressive trance/techno
Linkin Park
Evans Blue
Adema
Hurt
Three Days Grace
Limp Bizkit...

PumpYouUp

PumpYouUp

Awards
  • Established
Trance/Techno/ A lot of InFlames and Rammstein, ect....

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Informer shika shiksa boom boom doooown!!!

:rofl:

...god thats golden
There's something about being white, canadian, wearing those glasses with the flip up sunglasses lenses, and rapping that just simply can't be described in words.

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
New Megadeth next month!!! There's a couple of songs floating around on various torrents off the album and it's shaping up to be pretty awesome from the sounds of it.
yeah I have heard the songs. not bad. I'll be seeing them with heaven and hell and machinehead this weekend. I'm hoping megadeth can pulloff something like rust in peace.

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Ya thats the band.....the whole cd is good but there is 2 songs that I listen too over and over

1. Matter of Time
2. Hell yeah

thanks for the tip. I checked them out. these guys rock. I'll have to agree with the song choices.

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
Punk Rock - Black Flag, Minor Threat, DOA, Bad Brains, Agnostic Front, Rancid, Bad Religion, Chaos Delivery Machine.

Heavy Metal - Pantera, Slayer, Metallica, Sepultura, SNOT, Deftones, Ramallah

You can't beat the adrenaline rush that hardcore punk rock gives you...I can almost literally feel it running through me. I guess you gotta have the taste for it though :head:

wikiphenomena

wikiphenomena

Awards
I only listen to my breathing, nothing else.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I only listen to my breathing, nothing else.
I haven't been able to find that on itunes. j/k I don't like to listen to headphones when I'm lifting either. Cardio, however, is a different story.

shnitzel

Awards
This is kind of a cop-out first post, but music is a must..
I just play a playlist right off of the PC through the stereo..
I mix it...
Punk - Descendents, Bad Religion, Rise Against, Billy Talent, MTX, Social Distortion, Zebrahead...

Hardcore - Divide the Day, Hatebreed, Polar Bear Club,...

Metal - Lamb of God, of course, A Perfect Murder, Anthrax, Devildriver, Inhale/Exhale, It Dies Today, Gwar, If Hope Dies, and that list goes on...like the rest.

Screamo - Silverstein, Much the Same, Break the Silence, Crash MyDeville, A Day to Remember.

And to keep it balanced...if I throw any rap in there, it always has a little Public Enemy, Beasties, and you should check out Army of the Pharoahs, and Jedi Mind Tricks.

This is a partial, just trying to open up a few new avenues to go down.

mike

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
Come on guys its all about ROCK and ROLLLLLLLL.

lol u need to be pumped for a great lift. Hardcore baby

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
This is kind of a cop-out first post, but music is a must..
I just play a playlist right off of the PC through the stereo..
I mix it...
Punk - Descendents, Bad Religion, Rise Against, Billy Talent, MTX, Social Distortion, Zebrahead...

Hardcore - Divide the Day, Hatebreed, Polar Bear Club,...

Metal - Lamb of God, of course, A Perfect Murder, Anthrax, Devildriver, Inhale/Exhale, It Dies Today, Gwar, If Hope Dies, and that list goes on...like the rest.

Screamo - Silverstein, Much the Same, Break the Silence, Crash MyDeville, A Day to Remember.

And to keep it balanced...if I throw any rap in there, it always has a little Public Enemy, Beasties, and you should check out Army of the Pharoahs, and Jedi Mind Tricks.

This is a partial, just trying to open up a few new avenues to go down.

mike
I don't really listen to hip-hop all that much, especially when I workout. I personally think the quality of MOST of it has declined greatly over the last few years, although there are still some heads out there staying true. I like Mos Def, Common, Talib Kweli, Saul Williams, Damian Marley, Stephen Marley, and Wyclef Jean nowadays...although I really got into some old school west coast gangsta rap and the really old east coast stuff from the beginnings (KRS-One, Run DMC, Marly Marl, Rakim).
lol....What I originally wanted to post was that I could REALLY...REALLY get into doin some heavy liftin' while listening to some Fight the Power - Public Enemy. I think that would amp me up nicely. :djparty:

PumpYouUp

PumpYouUp

Awards
  • Established
OH man my buddy Eric has me rocking to Tiamat! Its another ****ing badass Metal band from Sweden! Go figure so many badass bands are there, like Inflames(before this new clarity **** they just came out with). Anyone else have any more badass progressive metal suggestions?