BCAA's Used All Day Long

LJ57

LJ57

Awards
  • Established
I've been taking Xtend throughout the day just sipping on it from AM to Pm in addition to taking about 3 scoops +WPI during workout. I probably consume about 4-5 scoops throughout the day so usually a total of about 3.5 servings per day. Is it useful to cunsume during the day like this or is it better to consume it all pre and during workout. Any opinions on this?

aleemdj2005

Axis Labs Rep
Awards
Many people who have megadosed BCAAs like that have reported excellent strength gains. I haven't had the chance to try it yet but I will some day :)

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
I really never understood the logic behind taking a ton pre and post workout. I take it constantly throughout the day. The basic premise is to help keep and build muscle right? Well you don't only do that at the gym, you do it all the time...

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
I really never understood the logic behind taking a ton pre and post workout. I take it constantly throughout the day. The basic premise is to help keep and build muscle right? Well you don't only do that at the gym, you do it all the time...
LOL I'm just the opposite. I don't understand taking them throughout the day. I only take them pre/during workouts. I don't take them to *build muscle*, but rather to limit catabolism (I'm cutting and workout first thing AM on an empty stomach - other than the Xtend).

I assumed that if protein intake was adequate/high during the day (like it should be), then BCAAs are kind of redundant, considering their much higher cost.

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
I assumed that if protein intake was adequate/high during the day (like it should be), then BCAAs are kind of redundant, considering their much higher cost.
That is if you have a quality protein :)

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Yo, bj, when is HCF gonna have chocolate chip cookies again?

As far as proteins and bcaas go...you don't get nearly enough, imo...but I probably get more then enough from all the meat and dairy i consume during the day plus the ON whey and casien shakes....

But I have adapted it as a staple somewhat...and will be taking a break once I'm done this kilo...I'll let you guys know if i see any dramatic difference.

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
Yes, it seems soy isn't the best bet protein source wrt muscle-building. But, I don't know anyone that uses soy to any large degree.

I was thinking of a real-world example. I'm just curious as to what bj meant by "quality".

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Yes, it seems soy isn't the best bet protein source wrt muscle-building. But, I don't know anyone that uses soy to any large degree.

I was thinking of a real-world example. I'm just curious as to what bj meant by "quality".
Soy is one I was thinking about for sure. There are also some really crappy wheys out there from the standpoint of amt. of BCAA. Also many are quite deceived into thinking that all proteins are the same --- real world example being looking at the label on the back of something you are about to eat (gas station pickled sausage) and thinking that protein is protein.

This is just one off the top of my head, but you get my point :).

Btw shakes nice work on that back bro --- lookin huge. You must be getting in "quality" proteins ;)

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
Soy is one I was thinking about for sure. There are also some really crappy wheys out there from the standpoint of amt. of BCAA. Also many are quite deceived into thinking that all proteins are the same --- real world example being looking at the label on the back of something you are about to eat (gas station pickled sausage) and thinking that protein is protein.

This is just one off the top of my head, but you get my point :).

Btw shakes nice work on that back bro --- lookin huge. You must be getting in "quality" proteins ;)
Oh... okay. So, you were talking in a common sense type of "quality protein". Gotcha. I thought that there was something I hadn't thought of wrt a quality protein.

Thanks for the compliment. :)