Xtend/Excell/Etc Bulk BCAA Question

getjacked63

Awards
  • Established
Okay, so I have been reading up a bit on bulk bcaa's and it appears most people are using between 30g-50g per day. My question is, how many servings per day of Xtend or Excell would this be per day? These two products are both not cheap by any means, and I was wondering how long a 50$ tub (1 kilo) would last me if I was taking rougly 40g/day. Its not just 1000/40 = 25 days is it?

My best guess is this:

L-Leucine 3.5g
L-Glutamine 2.5g
L-Isoleucine 1.75g
L-Valine 1.75g
Citrulline Malate 1g

= 10.5 g of BCAA's per dose

83 Servings per container * 10.5 g BCAA per serving
= 871.5 g BCAA's per container

871.5g/40g = About 21 days

Would this be correct, or am I way off here?

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
You are right. To get the 1 kilo they have some flavoring and sweeteners in there. I really love EXCELL and got some when it was on sale but I can no longer justify the price of almost $50. I am going to go with nutra's bulk BCAA's and get a flavoring system from true protein, or from nutra if they get theirs up!

getjacked63

Awards
  • Established
You are right. To get the 1 kilo they have some flavoring and sweeteners in there. I really love EXCELL and got some when it was on sale but I can no longer justify the price of almost $50. I am going to go with nutra's bulk BCAA's and get a flavoring system from true protein, or from nutra if they get theirs up!
agreed, they are taxxxing HARD on that stuff. i want to try it out, but im not sure if its worth the money.....i might go bulk BCAA's w/ flavoring system as well. thanks for clarifying that

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
GOOD news the new version of EXCELL is 100 servings

CROWLER

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
GOOD news the new version of EXCELL is 100 servings

CROWLER
AWESOME!!! I didnt want to have to go bulk and sacrifice the taste. I love sipping a serving of the rasberry during my w/o then it goes even better with chocolate whey post w/o!

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Okay, so I have been reading up a bit on bulk bcaa's and it appears most people are using between 30g-50g per day. My question is, how many servings per day of Xtend or Excell would this be per day? These two products are both not cheap by any means, and I was wondering how long a 50$ tub (1 kilo) would last me if I was taking rougly 40g/day. Its not just 1000/40 = 25 days is it?

My best guess is this:

L-Leucine 3.5g
L-Glutamine 2.5g
L-Isoleucine 1.75g
L-Valine 1.75g
Citrulline Malate 1g

Would this be correct, or am I way off here?
Sounds good, Excell is a great choice, has always been my fav. BCAA. ODing on BCAA's is an interesting tactic. I have been doing it the past 3 months and having been getting GREAT results with recovery and increase in sets/reps per workouts, which in turn leads to what?????

Thats right Bigger gains!!

Good stuff my man, let us know if you have any more questions.

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
You mentioned most people using 40-50g BCAAs per day. Depending on your needs, you may not need that much.

I strictly take Xtend pre-workout (I workout early morning before work) and drink it throughout my workout. I don't consume any during the rest of the day - relying on whole protein intake for aminos.

6-8 scoops pre-workout = 21-28g BCAAs per day. So, a 1k tub of Xtend lasts me 31-41 days.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
ah very good news crowler....when will it be available?? will the price remain the same?
Same price.

It is currently available at some resellers and will soon be at all resellers. Just check and ask them first. It is a different formulation. It is BCAAs and added Taurine in 6 different flavors.

CROWLER

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Same price.

It is currently available at some resellers and will soon be at all resellers. Just check and ask them first. It is a different formulation. It is BCAAs and added Taurine in 6 different flavors.

CROWLER
Man I get chills just reading that...good stuff

getjacked63

Awards
  • Established
Same price.

CROWLER
interesting.....so does each dose still contain 10.5g of the other amino acids + taurine, or does taurine take place of one of the amino acids that was in the previous formula?

getjacked63

Awards
  • Established
sorry for the double post, just found it on a reseller's site and came up with the following conclusions:

Old Formula

L-Leucine 3.5g
L-Glutamine 2.5g
L-Isoleucine 1.75g
L-Valine 1.75g
Citrulline Malate 1g

New Formula
L-Leucine 3.50g
L-Isoleucine 1.75g
L-Valine 1.75g
Taurine 1.50g

= 8g of BCAA's per dose

100 Servings per container * 8 g BCAA per serving
= 800g of BCAA's per container

800/40 = About 20 days worth = BOOOOOO

Both L-Glutamine 2.5g/serving and Citrulline Malate 1g/serving were taken out of the new formula = BOOOOOO

Bring back the old stuff Crowler and give 100 servings per container.....cmon now!

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
sorry for the double post, just found it on a reseller's site and came up with the following conclusions:

Old Formula

L-Leucine 3.5g
L-Glutamine 2.5g
L-Isoleucine 1.75g
L-Valine 1.75g
Citrulline Malate 1g

New Formula
L-Leucine 3.50g
L-Isoleucine 1.75g
L-Valine 1.75g
Taurine 1.50g

= 8g of BCAA's per dose

100 Servings per container * 8 g BCAA per serving
= 800g of BCAA's per container

800/40 = About 20 days worth = BOOOOOO

Both L-Glutamine 2.5g/serving and Citrulline Malate 1g/serving were taken out of the new formula = BOOOOOO

Bring back the old stuff Crowler and give 100 servings per container.....cmon now!
I'm not certain he has the formulas for the products right, but the following is based on the info he gave. I'll edit this if his #'s turn out to be wrong.

BCAA's are only Iso-Leucine, Leucine and Valine.
Therefore in the old formula there was 3.5+1.75+1.75 = 7 g BCAA per serving, *83 servings = 581 g BCAA.

In the new formula there is 7g * 100g = 700g
The glutamine was dropped, which in itself has not been proven to be effective, there is only anecdotal reports of its effectiveness. Also the citrulline malate was dropped, and if you really want that you can simple buy it in bulk and toss it in at your own desired amount.

All in all I think it's a great move.

zbtboy

zbtboy

Anabolic Innovations Rep
Awards
  • Established
I'm not certain he has the formulas for the products right, but the following is based on the info he gave. I'll edit this if his #'s turn out to be wrong.

BCAA's are only Iso-Leucine, Leucine and Valine.
Therefore in the old formula there was 3.5+1.75+1.75 = 7 g BCAA per serving, *83 servings = 581 g BCAA.

In the new formula there is 7g * 100g = 700g
The glutamine was dropped, which in itself has not been proven to be effective, there is only anecdotal reports of its effectiveness. Also the citrulline malate was dropped, and if you really want that you can simple buy it in bulk and toss it in at your own desired amount.

All in all I think it's a great move.

You are absolutely correct on all accounts. The ammount of BCAA's have not changed.

getjacked63

Awards
  • Established
taurine is an amino acid as well although it wouldnt probably produce any muscle building help, i wasnt sure on the glut and cit malate, but i would tend to agree that glut is rather useless. however, i do like cit malate. i guess i could buy that in bulk and mix in though.

well at 7g BCAA per serving * 100 servings = 700g BCAA

700/40 = 17.5 days.....ouch!

zbtboy

zbtboy

Anabolic Innovations Rep
Awards
  • Established
You are absolutely correct on all accounts. The ammount of BCAA's have not changed.
Of course I should clarify that by saying you're now getting 17 more servings with the new formula with the same amount of BCAA's @ 7g.

DrnkMnky

DrnkMnky

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
taurine is an amino acid as well although it wouldnt probably produce any muscle building help, i wasnt sure on the glut and cit malate, but i would tend to agree that glut is rather useless. however, i do like cit malate. i guess i could buy that in bulk and mix in though.

well at 7g BCAA per serving * 100 servings = 700g BCAA

700/40 = 17.5 days.....ouch!
Taurine is a great addition with many benefits:

- Increases physical endurance and reaction speed
- Increases concentration and mental alertness (stay awake)
- Improves overall feeling of well being
- Strengthens heart muscle (Congestive Heart Failure)
- Prevents Cataracts
- Reduces Blood Pressure
- Enhances water balance and nutrient uptake in muscle cells ("cell-volumizing")
- Aids hydration before/during exercise (used in sports drinks)

Taurine Info

getjacked63

Awards
  • Established
Taurine is a great addition with many benefits:

- Increases physical endurance and reaction speed
- Increases concentration and mental alertness (stay awake)
- Improves overall feeling of well being
- Strengthens heart muscle (Congestive Heart Failure)
- Prevents Cataracts
- Reduces Blood Pressure
- Enhances water balance and nutrient uptake in muscle cells ("cell-volumizing")
- Aids hydration before/during exercise (used in sports drinks)

Taurine Info
so they say....from personal experience, it helps with only hydration....but hey, still a good product, just too pricey to use when bulking BCAA's

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
so they say....from personal experience, it helps with only hydration....but hey, still a good product, just too pricey to use when bulking BCAA's
You get what you pay for my friend :). If finances are tight, your making the right decision though.

getjacked63

Awards
  • Established
You get what you pay for my friend :). If finances are tight, your making the right decision though.
ha BCAA's are BCAA's are they not? if its the flavoring that I am payin for, i will glady chug down some not so great tasting stuff to save some loot.

getjacked63

Awards
  • Established
The flavoring is soooo good tho ;)
haha so i hear......you might have just broke me down blackjack....here i come excell lol. na i dunno what im going to do yet. probably wont bulk bcaa's for atleast 2 more months....just getting some ideas and information for the time being :)

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
haha so i hear......you might have just broke me down blackjack....here i come excell lol. na i dunno what im going to do yet. probably wont bulk bcaa's for atleast 2 more months....just getting some ideas and information for the time being :)
Hey bro, whatever I can do to help. Let us know if you need ANYTHING.

Pfunk47

Pfunk47

Pop-Lock champion of 84'
Awards
  • Established
sugar free kool-aid - is the best "outside" flavoring system I have found with many flavors to choose from. helps keep it cheap now.

ohhh I remember the days of $80 for 2 kilos from AI - those where the days.

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Also, don't forget Excell has 1g of Citrulline Malate which to me is REALLY a nice addition. Plus the B6 in it helps the BCAA's absorb MUCH more effectively. Stacking this with Chaos would give you 3g of Citrulline Malate --- talk about some good LONG workouts ;)

getjacked63

Awards
  • Established
Also, don't forget Excell has 1g of Citrulline Malate which to me is REALLY a nice addition. Plus the B6 in it helps the BCAA's absorb MUCH more effectively. Stacking this with Chaos would give you 3g of Citrulline Malate --- talk about some good LONG workouts ;)
well, the new formula unfortunately took out the cit malate and the b6 :( bummer man

rippedforce63

Awards
  • Established
BackBone Stack (1 Substance+1 Large Xtend) By Scivation

If your looking looking to save money you may want to check this deal out. Your pretty much getting a free tub of substance with each extend. Also bcaa dosing is weight dependent so you may be using a lot more then needed, personally I take 5 grams upon waking, 10 grams during my wo, and 5 grams before sleep.

getjacked63

Awards
  • Established
yeah, i saw that deal! definetly going to check it out! how is substance protein?? anyone tried it yet?

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
yeah, i saw that deal! definetly going to check it out! how is substance protein?? anyone tried it yet?
It is Whey protein. Not bad. I tried the watermelon. Generally used with my cottage cheese, and plain yogart. Oh and I mixed it with some Banana Protein, that was real tasty...

Never2Cut

Never2Cut

Awards
Substance is easily one of my favorite proteins all flavors taste excellent. Only downside is that they don't come in 5 lbs tubs!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 32
Supplements 12
Supplements 0
dagecko Supplement Logs 25
Supplements 3