1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.17%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Best supplements for social anxiety?

I've used phenibut and it works really well but tolerance is a quick issue with it. Have used picamilon but it's effects are more similar to cannabis to me. I've noticed some decent effects with a ALCAR,Taurine,Tyrosine mix but looking for something I can take on a regular basis without fast tolerance. I'm gonna try some powerfull to see what enhancing dopamine does but i'm also looking for some other suggestions. thanks
    ôLord, whom shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life"- John 6:68

WHAT has science offered?

2. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.28%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Kavakava (kavaking brand)
    l-theanine
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.02%

adaptogenic herbs like ashwagandha or rhodiola could be helpful...also magneisum, holy basil, and relora might be worth looking into.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.89%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I agree with all of the suggstions, also gaba and PowerFull.
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.28%

Quote Originally Posted by CHAPS View Post
    I agree with all of the suggstions, also gaba and PowerFull.
    cocai...no.
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.17%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    Kavakava (kavaking brand)
    l-theanine
    Have any suggestions on some potent kava capsules?
    ôLord, whom shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life"- John 6:68

7. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  226 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.32%

Quote Originally Posted by Flaw View Post
    Have any suggestions on some potent kava capsules?
    I'm the opposite, uppers like venom take my anxiety away the best. Just pure energy so you can't even worry about anxiety (yes this is rare so don't take this as a sugestion)
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.78%

re. phenibut......yes the body build tolerance to it real quick. If you want to keep taking it then increase the dose by roughly 20-25% to get an effect.
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.78%

what about beta-blockers? Have you tried them?

I would stay away from benzos unless absolutely needed.
  10. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.98%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

PAXIL. At least if it is a serious issue.

Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.78%

warning...most central nervous system depressants will, if taken for considerable amounts of time, result in weight gain and from I gather....these forums seem to be about get lean and staying trim
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.94%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Inositol
  13. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.98%

Quote Originally Posted by Zoolander View Post
    warning...most central nervous system depressants will, if taken for considerable amounts of time, result in weight gain and from I gather....these forums seem to be about get lean and staying trim
    Agreed, but ones underlying phsychological issue is far greater an issue than getting lean. That is why the disclaimer about being a serious issue was on there. This forums number one reason is to stay safe.

Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  14. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.78%

I totall agree. I am all for safety.
  15. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.54%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Maca, I'll walk up and talk to anyone while taking it.
  16. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.98%

Quote Originally Posted by Mach .78 View Post
    Dammit Mach. I wish I got all the effects from Maca you do. Is there NOTHING that wont do for you?

Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.17%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by rugger48 View Post
    Inositol
    That's one on my do try list.

18. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.17%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Mach .78 View Post
    That's what i'm looking for. Need to be more social. I've lost my fire. Life,depression, ext.. has really taken the life out of me. If I can get myself going and actually want to talk to people the rest will take it's course.

I'm gonna be starting a pharm grade tribulus and avena next week. Will these do the same things as maca?

19. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.23%

That's what i'm looking for. Need to be more social. I've lost my fire. Life,depression, ext.. has really taken the life out of me. If I can get myself going and actually want to talk to people the rest will take it's course.

I'm gonna be starting a pharm grade tribulus and avena next week. Will these do the same things as maca?
    Have you thought about doign some volunteer work? Habitat For Humanity is a great way to meet people, lots of girlies too.
    My The 1 LOG: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/254164-my-one-log.html
  20. rollin' on dubs!
    Stats
    5'9"  178 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.41%

lack of social interaction is what likely got you here in the first place and thats huge that you realize this. depression and not much appreciation for life are common effects for those who isolate themselves from the world. bodybuilding is a demanding, selfish lifestyle so this result isnt uncommon. do you have friends or family near you that you can connect more with?

as far as supps go, i have to agree with an above poster in that stims like venom and stim x make me wanna talk to everybody. the extreme energy and focus has me telling everybody whats on my mind no matter how well i know them.
  21. rollin' on dubs!
    Stats
    5'9"  178 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.41%

Quote Originally Posted by motiv8er View Post
    Have you thought about doign some volunteer work? Habitat For Humanity is a great way to meet people, lots of girlies too.
    that is a really good idea! yes, he can meet people (especially the ladies) there and feel good about himself knowing he is helping others. this will send a sense of reward to the brain to make you feel better. more importantly, it will keep you busy and distracted from thinking about personal problems so they will not be as important to you. i gotta 2nd this option. definately worth a shot.
  22. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.17%
    Achievements Posting Pro

hahah.. i don't mean i'm not around people all the time. I'm a personal trainer! I don't need to get myself "out there" so to speak. Social anxiety is just something I've delt with my whole life. I got into this field to help me with social skills. It has helped a lot but it doesn't mean my social anxieties go away. That will always remain. I am active in church as well. Because i'm in such a social environment my stress levels are high at all times. It's something you wouldn't quite get unless you have social anxieties. I'm just trying to find some other supplements to help me deal better. That is all! I don't have problems with girls or getting attention. I get too much of it! I want to deal with it better.

23. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.89%

Quote Originally Posted by BigTom View Post
    cocai...no.
    What
  24. rollin' on dubs!
    Stats
    5'9"  178 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    52.41%

oh, ok. sorry i misinterpreted your problem. i wouldnt depend on a supplement for this cause, these kind of skills can easily be developed. once you have great social skills, the anxiety will disappear.

theoretically speaking, anything that increases GABA production will help you (neurobalance, phenibut, or some other GABA agonist. benzos and alcohol achieve this but are not your safest options). if its that big of a problem, ask your doc to write a prescription for you.
  25. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.23%

hahah.. i don't mean i'm not around people all the time. I'm a personal trainer! I don't need to get myself "out there" so to speak. Social anxiety is just something I've delt with my whole life. I got into this field to help me with social skills. It has helped a lot but it doesn't mean my social anxieties go away. That will always remain. I am active in church as well. Because i'm in such a social environment my stress levels are high at all times. It's something you wouldn't quite get unless you have social anxieties. I'm just trying to find some other supplements to help me deal better. That is all! I don't have problems with girls or getting attention. I get too much of it! I want to deal with it better.
    I think I get it. I have a hard time going from the computer to groups of people. Kinda like my brain has to be reprogrammed. I dont believe it is a one-way approach. The supps may help you feel more sociable; but they are not addressing what makes you feel it. You may wanna talk to a therapist. May be more helpful in the long run than fixing* it with OTC stuff.

Trust me, years of therapy dont lie.
  26. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.17%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by WannaBeHulk View Post

theoretically speaking, anything that increases GABA production will help you (neurobalance, phenibut, or some other GABA agonist. benzos and alcohol achieve this but are not your safest options). if its that big of a problem, ask your doc to write a prescription for you.
    Ohh believe me when I discovered alcohol at age 16 it truly was the best thing on earth. I used it for a good solid couple years before its effects started to fade out. It made me social and I contribute alcohol to every girl I've hooked up with or became close to. The problem is it don't work anymore and 2 it just makes me sick even after 2 drinks. I used it socially but wasn't a alcoholic. Alcohol truly is the best social anxiety drug out there. It's also one of the worst for your physical and mental health. Never tried benzo's. Possible risk of withdrawl seizures with these I believe? Phenibut was the best thing i've tried but again the tolerance issue hits fast. I'll probably cycle neurobalance one of these days. Was just checking to see what has worked well for other people.

27. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.05%

I would go with a few light beers. Amstel Light, Heineken Light and Beck's Light are all good tasting beers with low calories + they take the edge off after a tough day of work. Xanax (.5 mg) is also an option. This works awesome and can cure almost any anxiety. However, I suppose you would need a prescription for this. Have you tried Buspar. Buspar is by prescription only, but less regulated in the U.S. You can find Buspar at most overseas pharmacies as it is not a controlled substance here in the states. If you have insurance, just go to your doc and tell him you sweat alot and feel anxious at your job and when talking to people. He will probably give you a benzo prescript. and it shouldn't cost more than $30. You are good to go.
  28. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  182 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.99%

Ignatia - Homeopathy
  29. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    80.85%

NON-SUPPLEMENT options are cognitive Behavioral therapy(VERY EFFEctive for this, far higher success then most drus ) and hypnosis has recently become popular again. Honestly the drug route is very unproven as brain science is very shaky when dealin with matters of neuro psychology. My father did neurosciene research at princeton(PHD Level, worked under one of the pioneers, and is published himself) and he has always told me they just only know so much. don't let people convince you that sciecne has mastered neuropsycholgy, I assure you they havent

good luck btw and it's always good to remember nobody's starin at you they're to busy worrying about their own miserable lives(sarcasm)
  30. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  256 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.78%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I've used phenibut and it works really well but tolerance is a quick issue with it. Have used picamilon but it's effects are more similar to cannabis to me. I've noticed some decent effects with a ALCAR,Taurine,Tyrosine mix but looking for something I can take on a regular basis without fast tolerance. I'm gonna try some powerfull to see what enhancing dopamine does but i'm also looking for some other suggestions. thanks
    alchohol
  31. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.17%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by evan View Post
    Honestly the drug route is very unproven as brain science is very shaky when dealin with matters of neuro psychology. My father did neurosciene research at princeton(PHD Level, worked under one of the pioneers, and is published himself) and he has always told me they just only know so much. don't let people convince you that sciecne has mastered neuropsycholgy, I assure you they havent

good luck btw and it's always good to remember nobody's starin at you they're to busy worrying about their own miserable lives(sarcasm)
    I 100% agree. Drugs are what make people worse and keep em coming back. That's how the medical community "go" round. I'm not trying to go the prescription drug route. I'm officially done going to the dr's office. I'm dealing and was just looking for a occasional edge. I know nothing will work better then life's lessons. confidence has helped out a lot and as I continue to grow as a person I know it will get better.

32. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.17%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by AnonyMoose View Post
    alchohol
    Like i said in my other post. Without a doubt alcohol is the best social anxiety drug out there. It's effects don't work on me anymore though unfortunatly. I end up getting more nervous after 2 drinks. Funny how it's effects are reversed now. I'm cool with 1 or 2. Not any more.

33. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.17%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by dethklok View Post
    My advice:

STAY THE **** AWAY FROM ALCOHOL!!

STAY THE **** AWAY FROM BENZOS!!

These are the only two drugs that can KILL when withdrawing.
    I have had alcohol induced withdrawl seizures years ago. Alcohol is not joke! I believe benzo's can have the same effects. Some good advice there!

34. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.65%

1/2 a gallion of southern comfort
  35. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  186 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.16%

isnt kava kava on the dirty dozen
  36. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.17%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by dethklok View Post
    So I told you what not to do, let me suggest something you can do. I would do a search for herbs and anxiety. Peppermint sometimes works for me.
    I bought some kava kava tea for tonight. Feel slightly relaxed but I took 2 teaspoons of magesium citrate in hot water and that really calmed me down tonight. For some reason i've been having panic attacks this week and today it reached it's peak.

All I can say is that I think a lot of my anxiety can be related to post alcohol abuse. I used it for social anxiety in the past. I wasn't a alcoholic per say but I used it socially quite often. I don't drink any more then a few drinks due to the seizure scare but I really shouldn't drink at all. I guess it's hard when there's nothing else to do but go to the bar.

37. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.85%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Nothign can replace social skills. Make it your goal to meet people. Go to bars just to meet people. not drink. When your in the grocery store shoopping just strike up a conversation , even in the gym, now dont get me wrong The gym is for training and not ****ing off, but like before and after you get into the Zone and possibly between sets if you see a cutie -llol but stay focused in the gym,.....Dude no drug can replace social skills... Do what it takes get a job checking out people at a video store...turn red, feel embarssed , sweat pouring from your face,in front of a crowd and there all staring at you, happened to me many times at my video store job I worked for four and a half years, would sweat and turn beet red , lol but got social skills.take a public speaking class, I have done these and yes Ive gone though some hard moments then but guess what Its only a skill you build. You only get better with practice.practice my man
  38. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.23%

I bought some kava kava tea for tonight. Feel slightly relaxed but I took 2 teaspoons of magesium citrate in hot water and that really calmed me down tonight. For some reason i've been having panic attacks this week and today it reached it's peak.

All I can say is that I think a lot of my anxiety can be related to post alcohol abuse. I used it for social anxiety in the past. I wasn't a alcoholic per say but I used it socially quite often. I don't drink any more then a few drinks due to the seizure scare but I really shouldn't drink at all. I guess it's hard when there's nothing else to do but go to the bar.
    I think you need to go chill with a professional instead of asking meatheads for help. I have been for years. I havent killed myself or anyone else yet. (That I have been forced to admit too!)
  39. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.28%

Quote Originally Posted by CHAPS View Post
    What
    I was going to attempt to be funny and say cocaine.
    But that's a REAL BAD IDEA.
    All of this is a bad idea. Deal with life natually. If you're shy, use your brain to overcome that fear. Work thru it .

If you have to get ****ed up to have a good time....you got serious problems. Substance abuse always starts out as... a couple a beers. Then in 5,10 or 20 years it kills ya.

Done, off soap box.
  40. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.85%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by smeton_yea View Post
    Nothign can replace social skills. Make it your goal to meet people. Go to bars just to meet people. not drink. When your in the grocery store shoopping just strike up a conversation , even in the gym, now dont get me wrong The gym is for training and not ****ing off, but like before and after you get into the Zone and possibly between sets if you see a cutie -llol but stay focused in the gym,.....Dude no drug can replace social skills... Do what it takes get a job checking out people at a video store...turn red, feel embarssed , sweat pouring from your face,in front of a crowd and there all staring at you, happened to me many times at my video store job I worked for four and a half years, would sweat and turn beet red , lol but got social skills.take a public speaking class, I have done these and yes Ive gone though some hard moments then but guess what Its only a skill you build. You only get better with practice.practice my man
    Once you know you have your mind and thats your most powerful tool available. Like the saying goes Get your mind right..Theres a lot of truth in this saying.

Then I think supplements can be good for you and fun like Alcar which is good for memory, short and long term, Fat Oxiadation, Alzehemiers, and just an all around good supplement.

Similar Forum Threads

1. best supplements for anxiety?
    By bill86 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 09-27-2011, 04:02 PM
  2. Best supplements for anxiety
    By machine528 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 12-04-2008, 06:16 PM
  3. Best supplement for getting ripped
    By Gym4Life in forum Supplements
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 01-08-2008, 02:51 AM
  4. The best supplementation for awesome gains is indirect.
    By Aeternitatis in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-07-2007, 06:23 PM
  5. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-05-2007, 03:55 PM