Supplements that increase AR receptor density/sensitivity?

1. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.76%

Supplements that increase AR receptor density/sensitivity?

looking for proven supps that increase receptor density and sensitivity, and by proven I guess I mean it's been tried by the AM community in general and accepted. Only three that come to mind are

JW- increase receptor sensitivity
    Xfactor- increase density and sensitivity
    Viraloid- "opens" additional receptors (not sure if 'proven', going off product literature)

just trying to come up with stacking options for supps that are very anabolic in nature and get some really good synergy going.

opinions appreciated. thanks

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.4%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by rxp1997 View Post
    looking for proven supps that increase receptor density and sensitivity, and by proven I guess I mean it's been tried by the AM community in general and accepted. Only three that come to mind are

Viraloid- "opens" additional receptors (not sure if 'proven', going off product literature)

just trying to come up with stacking options for supps that are very anabolic in nature and get some really good synergy going.

Great question.

[waits patiently for a response]
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.25%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

X-Factor (AA) release controls much of the local shift in physiology that will facilitate growth. Among other things it sensitizes the local tissues to hormones and growth factors, directing growth to them, and not to areas of the body that don't need it. Much of its anabolic effect is mediated by eicosanoids (PGE2/PGF2alpha), however, other products of AA have been implicated in these functions as well. The actions of AA in regards to local muscle repair are very diverse, and include:

- Increasing the density of androgen receptors/local T sensitivity (PG's)

- Upregulating local insulin sensitivity (PGE2)

- Upregulating local NO production, which aids satellite cell activation via increasing levels of Hepatocyte growth factor (PGE2)

- Upregulating local IGF-1 receptor expression (PGF2a)

- Upregulating expression or sensitivity to other growth factors like TNF, FGF, IL's, (various)
    MOTIV8 II Challenge
    -=The Big Squirrel Nut Swingers=-
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.52%

L-carnitine L-tartrate may have some potential:

Entrez PubMed

"2) LCLT supplementation upregulated AR content, which may promote recovery from RE."
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.76%

Sounds like LCLT has some promise, I only found one "solid" product that incorporates it: MAN Body Octane, and it's write-up echoes some of the pubmed article conclusions

"The positive results from LCLT administration are believed to be a result of enhanced oxygen supply to the muscle by means of increased blood flow. In addition to that, it appears that LCLT may support protein synthesis and anabolic response to exercise by protecting anabolic receptors from excessive damage as a result of resistant exercise. In simple terms, the use of LCLT not only will enhance performance and prevent fatigue, but more importantly LCLT promotes recovery."

thanks jove.
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.49%

great question
    subscribed
  7. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.84%

I'd go with the first two, Viraloid looks bunk.
  8. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.84%

Quote Originally Posted by Aeternitatis View Post
    X-Factor (AA) release controls much of the local shift in physiology that will facilitate growth. Among other things it sensitizes the local tissues to hormones and growth factors, directing growth to them, and not to areas of the body that don't need it. Much of its anabolic effect is mediated by eicosanoids (PGE2/PGF2alpha), however, other products of AA have been implicated in these functions as well. The actions of AA in regards to local muscle repair are very diverse, and include:

- Increasing the density of androgen receptors/local T sensitivity (PG's)

- Upregulating local insulin sensitivity (PGE2)

- Upregulating local NO production, which aids satellite cell activation via increasing levels of Hepatocyte growth factor (PGE2)

- Upregulating local IGF-1 receptor expression (PGF2a)

- Upregulating expression or sensitivity to other growth factors like TNF, FGF, IL's, (various)
    X-factor sounds very impressive, i'm going to be including it in an upcoming PCT i was thinking of 1250mg for 60 days, have you ever used it in a PCT or know of anyone that has? I think it would be great to clear out the receptor sites.
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.52%

Sounds like LCLT has some promise, I only found one "solid" product that incorporates it: MAN Body Octane, and it's write-up echoes some of the pubmed article conclusions

"The positive results from LCLT administration are believed to be a result of enhanced oxygen supply to the muscle by means of increased blood flow. In addition to that, it appears that LCLT may support protein synthesis and anabolic response to exercise by protecting anabolic receptors from excessive damage as a result of resistant exercise. In simple terms, the use of LCLT not only will enhance performance and prevent fatigue, but more importantly LCLT promotes recovery."

thanks jove.
    No problem. I know that NOW sells an LCLT-only product in varying doses, if you're interested. Here are some more excerpts from studies on LCLT:

"In conclusion, both the 1- and 2-g doses were effective in mediating various markers of metabolic stress and of muscle soreness. Use of LCLT appears to attenuate metabolic stress and the hypoxic chain of events leading to muscle damage after exercise."

"Under these experimental conditions, chronic LCLT supplementation increased CHO oxidation in males during exercise but this was not observed in females."
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.49%

BTW, just wanted to chime in wrt X-Factor. I used it at 1,500 mg per day and, yes, it got very pricey at that dose. However, I had very good results. Strength was up and most importantly, I lost a good amount of fat. Diet was maintanence calories and still in a month, I went down like 3 lbs -I am at around 10% bf so 3 lbs is not insignificant for me and would be pretty darn impossible to lose while on maint. calories for a whole month.

"know that NOW sells an LCLT-only product in varying doses"
    any info on price (couldn't find it in some of the on-line retailers I looked at)? did anybody ever read of this compound being used for bodybuilding purposes in any forum? any side effects?
  11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.52%

The best price that I'm aware of is $34 for a 1000mg/100 tab bottle. I'm pretty sure I can't give out the site though since they're not a board sponsor.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-11-2013, 12:21 PM
  2. increasing androgen receptor density
    By joebiggie in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-26-2011, 04:25 PM
  3. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-20-2009, 10:26 PM
  4. increasing androgen receptor density palcar or alcar?
    By flightposite in forum Supplements
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 10-23-2009, 09:56 PM
  5. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-17-2007, 11:41 AM