Please Help ( Trying to get ripped)

M

Manofclay

Awards
Background:

I have been reading the posts on this wite for awhile and finally decided to post one of my own. Im 5'10" 160 lb. 20 year old who works out 4-5 days a week for atleast the past 4 years. I have tried numerous supplements: Cell Tech, Nitro Tech, NO2, CLA and unfortunatly a few others. Lately I have just been taking approx. 40 grams of whey protein before I work out, eating healthy and taking a multi-vitamin (Mega-mens from GNC). I want to get ripped but I dont want to take 5,000 mg. of caffein to do it. I had a heart condition when I was really young and dont want to end up back into the hospital. I am just trying to lose about 5 pounds of unwanted fat.

Stack:

Im thinking about starting: 10 grams of BCAA's + 2 Scoops of Poseidon + 100mgs of caffein 3-4 days a week and 2 scoops of whey protein powder (40 grams) on the alternating days.

Questions:

BCAA: How bad does the powdered version of this stuff taste? I dont want to dread taking it every morning. Is there a pill that I can take that is strong enough (5g)? Which brand is the best?

Caffeine: I cant seem to find a 100mg caffein capsul. Is 200 mg to much? It is basically the equivalent of a cup of coffee.

Does anyone think I should go with a different stack? Im sick of experimenting with different supplements. Im not looking for miracles im just looking for something that works that isnt going to harm my body. Thank you for all of your input

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Try Bulk BCAA's from Nutraplanet. 1 heaping Tablespoon = ~ 5g. BCAA's are very mild tasting. It's a slight bitterness, which can be completely masked with something sour-tasting like orange juice or lemonade.

workin2005

workin2005

NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
Awards
  • Established
Background:

I have been reading the posts on this wite for awhile and finally decided to post one of my own. Im 5'10" 160 lb. 20 year old who works out 4-5 days a week for atleast the past 4 years. I have tried numerous supplements: Cell Tech, Nitro Tech, NO2, CLA and unfortunatly a few others. Lately I have just been taking approx. 40 grams of whey protein before I work out, eating healthy and taking a multi-vitamin (Mega-mens from GNC). I want to get ripped but I dont want to take 5,000 mg. of caffein to do it. I had a heart condition when I was really young and dont want to end up back into the hospital. I am just trying to lose about 5 pounds of unwanted fat.

Stack:

Im thinking about starting: 10 grams of BCAA's + 2 Scoops of Poseidon + 100mgs of caffein 3-4 days a week and 2 scoops of whey protein powder (40 grams) on the alternating days.

Questions:

BCAA: How bad does the powdered version of this stuff taste? I dont want to dread taking it every morning. Is there a pill that I can take that is strong enough (5g)? Which brand is the best?

Caffeine: I cant seem to find a 100mg caffein capsul. Is 200 mg to much? It is basically the equivalent of a cup of coffee.

Does anyone think I should go with a different stack? Im sick of experimenting with different supplements. Im not looking for miracles im just looking for something that works that isnt going to harm my body. Thank you for all of your input
Welcome to AM Manofclay. :)

Are you planing on taking that stack prior to a cardio workout?

It looks like a great stack and is very similar to what I use prior to my HITT cardio sessions. I use 10 grams Bulk BCAA's + 2 servings of Excell + 200 mgs of caffeine.

As far as flavor, BCAA's don't taste very good but they aren't as bad as many make them out to be IMHO. Excell is flavored, so that takes care of the problem for me. You can simply mix your stack into Crystal Light or something like Diet V-8 Splash as it will take care of the taste issue.

You may also want to incorporate Fish Oil into your diet. Aside from its numerous health benefits, it aids greatly in loosing those last few pounds of stubborn body fat. NOW puts out a great product called "Super EPA" if your interested.

Good luck and keep us updated on how your coming along! :thumbsup:

Workin

M

Manofclay

Awards
Yes I am planning on taking that stack prior to my cardio workout and on the days that I dont do cardio I will just take 40 grams of protein powder and that Fish Oil that you recommended. I do have one other question though.
What the hell is a niacin flush? How does it affect your body?

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yes I am planning on taking that stack prior to my cardio workout and on the days that I dont do cardio I will just take 40 grams of protein powder and that Fish Oil that you recommended. I do have one other question though.
Wow haven't heard of this in a while..Back in tge day when I used to compete 80's 5 minute's before going on stage we would take a 5 or 6 tabs of niacin and within minutes a lush would overtake your entire body causing to turn red and talk about vascularity,it was wild..However it was only temporary condition..

J

JJC

Awards
  • Established
Google it.

Actually, try it first. Freak out. Then google it. :icon_lol:

(Then search for niacin flush on this site. There an a**load of explanations.)

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Background:

You can find 100 mgs capsules at your local wal-mart. Cutting takes time and the main thing is nutrition. Cardio is also advised at least twice a week if your into lifting a lot. On the other hand if you feel your body needs to take a break lift three days a week or EVD and do the cardio on the dys you dont lift.

workin2005

workin2005

NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
Awards
  • Established
Here is a link to a post in the Nimbus Nutrition section that should answer your question in great detail:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/nimbus-nutrition/60204-niacin-flush-detoxification.html

I hope this helps! :)

Workin