VPX NO Shotgun

ripped22

ripped22

Awards
  • Established
just bought this crap and it is the worst tasting supplement i have had in my entire life. i chugged it down and puked it back up. never buy this **** ever! i'll be taking it back to vitamin shoppe and throwing it in there face. get me some no explode.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
just bought this crap and it is the worst tasting supplement i have had in my entire life. i chugged it down and puked it back up. never buy this **** ever! i'll be taking it back to vitamin shoppe and throwing it in there face. get me some no explode.

Well VPX is crap. I'm glad you learned your lesson. I would not purchase their over priced line. Sure maybe their boxes are really pretty and some of their products may "work" but their are much better companies out there with products that work just as good or better for less than half the price of a comparable VPX product.

lilanimal

Awards
ur first mistake was not asking anyone before buying, second mistake was buying a NO product, the large NO should turn u away anyways.

ripped22

ripped22

Awards
  • Established
i bought it for the ingredience on the back. looked good on paper. anyway i happen to like NO products for a preworkout drink. No expolde works great for me.

Fitness 2007

Awards
You know. I still think the best pre-workout stimulant is Methyl because you don't crash on it like NO Xplode. I think it's the most intense. As for the pump, I think Anadrox from MHP is hard to beat. I usually buy it off of AGD Supplement's website. Again, I still prefer Methyl over all other pre-workout stimulants. . .

Chippewa

Chippewa

Awards
  • Established
Mix the stuff with a little orange juice and a little Diet V8 Splash Tropical Fruit, and it's not bad.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The stuff tastes absolutely horrible but ive never felt such a deep pump or concentration in my life. VPX is overpriced but a lot of there stuff works flat out.

brugalou

brugalou

Awards
  • Established
I actually love no shotgun Im on my 3rd jug and I only pay $28 a jug.

ripped22

ripped22

Awards
  • Established
The stuff tastes absolutely horrible but ive never felt such a deep pump or concentration in my life. VPX is overpriced but a lot of there stuff works flat out.
thats what i figured from the ingredience list. plus i like redlines stim effect. can't get past the taste, took it back today and got explode again. boring.

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
thats what i figured from the ingredience list. plus i like redlines stim effect. can't get past the taste, took it back today and got explode again. boring.
I'm another that actually likes NO-Shotgun. Nothing special, but I did find it to be rather effective. I'll tell you one thing though, it tastes at least twice as good as tha sample packets I recieve at tha Arnold Classic... some of it twang has been cleared up and it's kind of now has an Apple Cinnamon taste.

I could totally see then doing a ZI Bar in this flavor if worked with a little more.

addijhaq

addijhaq

Awards
okay here's the problem with some of you. it actually has a pretty decent flavor, IF you can get it to mix properly AND you add over the amount of water recommended. it has a mild tropical fruit, coconut flavor. but

1.you gotta let it sit
2. you got take normal drinks, not swigs or chugs
3. your body becomes better acclimated to the stims.

ripped22

ripped22

Awards
  • Established
okay here's the problem with some of you. it actually has a pretty decent flavor, IF you can get it to mix properly AND you add over the amount of water recommended. it has a mild tropical fruit, coconut flavor. but

1.you gotta let it sit
2. you got take normal drinks, not swigs or chugs
3. your body becomes better acclimated to the stims.
lol......you have to be kidding me! this stuff makes thera -flu taste like kool-aid. NO shotgun TASTES LIKE CRAP no matter which way you look at it. what gets me is that these guys could let it hit the market like that. i would be more inclined to drink warm beer with cigarettee butts in it. i have a stomach of steel and taste buds to match. this crap made me puke. i have never puked from taste alone....ever!

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
lol......you have to be kidding me! this stuff makes thera -flu taste like kool-aid. NO shotgun TASTES LIKE CRAP no matter which way you look at it. what gets me is that these guys could let it hit the market like that. i would be more inclined to drink warm beer with cigarettee butts in it. i have a stomach of steel and taste buds to match. this crap made me puke. i have never puked from taste alone....ever!
Have you ever drank CEE in water?

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Well I don't expect any less from VPX!. Ok I'm done, you know I dislike that company.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i tried it today, free sample from Arnold and i actually really liked it... felt focused and real pumped...

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
I dig NO Shotgun, but as others stated, I don't take it for the NO effect, but for the other ingredients. I am on my 3rd tube now, after trying it with StarChem Labs Armageddon, which is real nice as well.

After this tube though, I will be trying VasoXplode...

addijhaq

addijhaq

Awards
lol. ya, i guess if you're not used to taking bulk, non flavored powders, you'd think no shotgun tastes bad.. i've made protein shakes that taste worst than no xplode.

try beets and strawberry yogurt and vanilla protein powder.

or carrots and lemon lime and chocolate whey.

or portabella mushrooms and bananas and liquid egg whites.

if it can be blended, it can be added.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
addijhaq, Were you high?
I have tried No Shotgun for one tub. Tasted like bad pears. I do not take supps cause they taste good but it still wasn't as nasty as Purple Wraath. That stuff was NASTY!!!!!!!

solidwon

Awards
I like the Shotgun, I can't speak for the rest of their lineup. The taste isn't that great, but I can't remember when I ate or drank a supp that I actually enjoyed as much as a sugar loaded drink like Pepsi. As much as I dislike MHP for their SARM product I have used Trac Extreme numerous times with great success. No it doesn't have the bcaa's that Shotgun, or even Amped does, nor does it have beta alanine like shotgun but the pumps and energy were/are impressive.

Ludicris

Awards
Just have to add my 2 cents about the taste. I was driving home from school and needed to start working out when I got home (I was on a timed schedule to see my girlfriend...WHIPPED!). Anyways, I didn't have a drink so I ended up eating two half scoups. Talk about one of the worst tastes. Just remember to have a drink handy!

2fresh

2fresh

Awards
I love the Purple Wrath taste and the way you guys speak about I'll prolly love No Shotgun. I think it's highly exagerated how bad most of these drinks taste...

Would you rather drink CEE and all that other stuff without flavor?!??

evan

evan

Awards
  • Established
wost tasting thing o ever tried was to open up a capsule of the new AP(with hydroxl) dont know how original yellow gold tasted but this was not fun to say the least

PumpYouUp

PumpYouUp

Awards
  • Established
Anyone tried iSatori Maxiumum Growth, H-blocker and CE-XL ? GOD I tried the Hblocker and BLAH that **** tasted like ass. Lucky me I got it for free from a contest. I still have them anyone want any? lol

thewilman

thewilman

Awards
  • Established
I think it's highly exagerated how bad most of these drinks taste...

Would you rather drink CEE and all that other stuff without flavor?!??
I agree 2Fresh! I drank 2.4G Bulk CEE w/ water and a little splenda after every workout for several months...almost tasted like tonic water!

As far as NO Shotgun..it IS an acquired taste...but...IMHO, it works for me much better than NO Xplode...so I dealt with it:head: I didn't buy it for the taste!

Now Liver and Onions....EWWWWWWW...That's nasty! :eek: :gas:

WillB123

WillB123

Awards
no shotgun tastes like liquified brown sugar pop tarts.

Darkman265

Awards
I can't even remember the bad taste I am on my 3rd tub and love this stuff.

brugalou

brugalou

Awards
  • Established
I really dont think shotgun taste that bad its actually a little sweet the worst thing I ever tasted was myozene now that is impossible to swallow.

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
Well VPX is crap. I'm glad you learned your lesson. I would purchase their over priced line. Sure maybe their boxes are really pretty and some of their products may "work" but their are much better companies out there with products that work just as good or better for less than half the price of a comparable VPX product.
Actually, I picked up a few samples of the stuff at the Arnold and I've found it to be pretty effective. Also, the price is pretty reasonable...around $35 for 30 servings. I will probably pick some up when my samples run out.

Wandy

Wandy

Awards
does NO shotgun contain CEE? what else worth mentioning in the ingredients?

solidwon

Awards
Shotgun is an impressive formula. Arginine ethyl ester to improve absorbtion. they also bond their beta alanine as well as their bcaa's to an ethyl ester as well. I'm not sure how this affects its properties or if it's even necessary to use an ethyl ester delivery system for the latter two ingredients. it also has an insulin mimetic of sorts derived from cinnamon. Sprinkle a little redline on top and you got one hell of a pre workout drink. It could taste like chitlins but it wouldn't change the fact that it provides an excellent spectrum for any workout.

dwizzo

Awards
Correct scoop size?

Hi everyone... Long time lurker, first time poster...

OK, I read that VPX shipped an "incorrect scoop" with the "first batch" of NO Shotgun... Supposedly as follows:

INCORRECT = 63cc scoop (Too large)
CORRECT = 39cc scoop (Correct, smaller scoop)

I just picked up my first jug of this stuff last night from vitamin shoppe and it has the 63cc scoop... I thought "WTF? Is this really a 6-9 month old bottle that's been sitting in this shop for almost a year?" I hope not...

So, I called VPX today and asked them what the deal was. They said that the "new" scoop is actually slightly LARGER than the original scoop, but that they are about the same size... Did NOT sound correct to me, or anything like what I read on the various forums...

Can somebody please tell me what is going on so I don't over/underdose on this stuff? Thanks...

Slpstang02

Slpstang02

Awards
I am currently on my 2nd jug of NO Shotgun. Besides the taste I love this STUFF! it is great for your work out, focus and you can actually feel it coming on if you take it on an empty stomach. I have learned that if you mix the scoop of powder with about 3 oz of orange gatorade and chug it really fast traced with a bottle of water, its not bad. Just be sure to shake the crap out of it to get the powder disolved. Cause drinking it and getting a mouth full of that powder is NASTY!!

All in all it is a great product! i will continue to use This until something better comes along. Now just out of pure curiousity i am switching to cellmass and No xplode to see which i prefer.

Im sure this is crazy but i read some where on here that a guy mixes one scoop of No shotgun with two scoops of no xplode. that gotta really get the heart going. Dunno if i would try that.

LiftNDestroy

LiftNDestroy

Awards
  • Established
Second post, I've come to realize that NO Shotgun is pretty much unflavored, but has anyone here tried the VPX rtd "AEX Pump"? This has the same taste only REALLY gritty. Also would mixing the shotgun with apple juice cancel out the effects? Otherwise, I think SCL Armageddon is my favorite preworkout.

mitzelfrick

Awards
VPX NO Explode

where can you get NO Shotgun for $28? I'd like to try and can't find that low of a price anywhere... Thanks.

LiftNDestroy

LiftNDestroy

Awards
  • Established
where can you get NO Shotgun for $28? I'd like to try and can't find that low of a price anywhere... Thanks.
No clue but you should be able to find it for under $40 I've seen it for $35 and c'mon that's not really all that expensive considering you only take 1 scoop not multiple scoops like the others, should easily last you over a month even if you train 5 days a week.

LiftNDestroy

LiftNDestroy

Awards
  • Established
No clue but you should be able to find it for under $40 I've seen it for $35 and c'mon that's not really all that expensive considering you only take 1 scoop not multiple scoops like the others, should easily last you over a month even if you train 5 days a week.
P.S. if you have to mix Shotgun with any other stimulants just to get you going, then you probably need to get on some Reset A.D. ASAP!

thahotboy

thahotboy

Awards
  • Established
Same **** for me , just bought STARCHEMLAB ARMAGGEDON ...... fruit punch flavor....Every time I drink it I feel like I gonna PUKE !

mitzelfrick

Awards
I can find it for $36. Someone posted they get it for $28. I agree that $36 isn't bad, but $28 is better. I'm trying to find a good stack and something for pre and post workout. If I can get multiple creatines, and a good Nitric Oxide boost in one product, that would be great. Any reccomendations? I was thinking VPX NO Shotgun and CEX, along with my whey protein Isolate, good multivitamin and some Yohimbine? Comments?

BigTXN

Awards
Try mixing it with apple juice. It's not the best tasting product in the world, but it does work. The apple juice killed the taste for ME!:cheers:

BigTXN

Awards
I can find it for $36. Someone posted they get it for $28. I agree that $36 isn't bad, but $28 is better. I'm trying to find a good stack and something for pre and post workout. If I can get multiple creatines, and a good Nitric Oxide boost in one product, that would be great. Any reccomendations? I was thinking VPX NO Shotgun and CEX, along with my whey protein Isolate, good multivitamin and some Yohimbine? Comments?
I would say nix the yohimbine, and keep the rest!:thumbsup:

TheDrive

Awards
VPX's NO-Shotgun

I may not be nearly as experienced with supplements as some of you guys, but I still can't believe what I'm hearing! All this b*tching about how it tastes. NO-Xpode does in fact taste much better, but it doesn't even compare to the pump you get when you take NO-Shotgun. I've been deployed on a warship for the past 6-1/2 months. If I can find something onboard this tin can to mix it to improve the taste, you should damn well be able to! Mix it with some fruit juice for crying out loud.
If you mix it with water it is a little difficult to get used to but so is Jack Daniel's...and most of you choke that sh*t down anyway.

If you really want something that will make you gag, try that "gakic" crap that muscle tech produces. That is some serious gut rot...

TheDrive

Awards
Hi everyone... Long time lurker, first time poster...

OK, I read that VPX shipped an "incorrect scoop" with the "first batch" of NO Shotgun... Supposedly as follows:

INCORRECT = 63cc scoop (Too large)
CORRECT = 39cc scoop (Correct, smaller scoop)

I just picked up my first jug of this stuff last night from vitamin shoppe and it has the 63cc scoop... I thought "WTF? Is this really a 6-9 month old bottle that's been sitting in this shop for almost a year?" I hope not...

So, I called VPX today and asked them what the deal was. They said that the "new" scoop is actually slightly LARGER than the original scoop, but that they are about the same size... Did NOT sound correct to me, or anything like what I read on the various forums...

Can somebody please tell me what is going on so I don't over/underdose on this stuff? Thanks...

I'm not sure about the scoop sizes but just for everyone's information, based on my personal experiences, don't take more than 1 scoop on an empty stomach unless you're a real big guy.
I'm 5'10" 180, and my buddy is 6'1" 206. We've had nearly the same reactions after taking too much. I took about 1.5 scoops of NO-Shotgun about 1-1/2 hours after taking an anti-catabolic fat burner (i.e. hydroxycut, methyl ripped...any stimulant of that sort, especially a thermogenic). The effect was not good. Unless you feel like OD'ing on Crystal Meth, I would not Recommend combining any stimulant/fat burner with NO-Shotgun. Remember NO-Shotgun has 'Redline' thermogenic energy compounds in it. It's great for the explosive energy you want to go strong through the whole workout, but don't overdo it.

As for Slpstang02's comment: If you've been taking NO-Shotgun, don't waste your time (or $$$) on NO-Xplode. You'll be very disappointed. I took NO-Xplode for almost a year before switching to NO-Shotgun. Xplode doesn't even compare.

LiftNDestroy

LiftNDestroy

Awards
  • Established
I may not be nearly as experienced with supplements as some of you guys, but I still can't believe what I'm hearing! All this b*tching about how it tastes. NO-Xpode does in fact taste much better, but it doesn't even compare to the pump you get when you take NO-Shotgun. I've been deployed on a warship for the past 6-1/2 months. If I can find something onboard this tin can to mix it to improve the taste, you should damn well be able to! Mix it with some fruit juice for crying out loud.
If you mix it with water it is a little difficult to get used to but so is Jack Daniel's...and most of you choke that sh*t down anyway.

If you really want something that will make you gag, try that "gakic" crap that muscle tech produces. That is some serious gut rot...
The gakic powder I heard is just awful, other honorable mentions for bad taste would have to be Nutricors Methyl EFX, and Iron techs - 2 Methyl 13c

TheDrive

Awards
The gakic powder I heard is just awful, other honorable mentions for bad taste would have to be Nutricors Methyl EFX, and Iron techs - 2 Methyl 13c
I've drank some pretty nasty **** overseas including sake with habu snake venom in Japan, some kind of malted sake crap in Korea that tasted the way a roadkill opossum smells, and some 120 pr. Absinthe in Australia, but the gakic was so God Damn bad that I had to give it away. My buddy offered me 25 bucks for the jug and I couldn't even bring myself to charge him. I'd rather eat out a Thai Mama-san's ***hole than let gakic touch my tongue.

TheDrive

Awards
Price... VPX's NO-Shotgun

VPX's NO-Shotgun:

$33.95 @ www.massnutrition.com

I've seen GNC charge $53...

...GNC is a horrible rip off. EVEN WITH A GOLD CARD...