Bcaa

northern

Awards
I think that this is the correct forum for this so here goes.

I may come off as a cheap skate but....I think that this could be beneficial to all. I use BCAA and think they are great just a wee bit over priced. Example: According to Scivations extend (due to my bodyweight) I should take 6 doses a day on workout days. I workout 6 days a weeek sooo that is 36 doses a week. a 55 dollar drum will last me less than 3 week, actually 2.5 weeks to be exact. Same thing with TrueProteins Boost. I love the product but its 20 bucks for 23 servings of which I easily add in 3 a day so again 18 a week and that means 20 bucks gets me 1week and 1 and 2/3 days. SO it is even more costly that then Scivation stuff.

SO I started to look around for a more economical way to take them and decided that making my own blend would be most feasible. A simple 2:1:1 ratio of L-Leucine, Iso-leucine, Valine. If I so felt I could add in some citrulline maleate or whatever else interested me. However with my only supplier of amino acids being True Protein it is also not really cost efficient. I looked around on the net this morning thinking I could stumble across a chemical supply site that sold it for research purposes at a cheap price but so far no luck.

I am therefore asking for your help. Can anyone recomend a cheap BCAA product or..... a good place to buy the individual constituents themselves at a good price in +1lbs. quantities.

ANy help would be great. I do not think that this breaks the forum rules as I am asking for a source for a legal product. If it does I will delete the thread.

Thanks

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nutraplanet has 1 kilo of BCAA for ~$35. Just mix it with some crystal light or any other flavored beverage.

jdev

Awards
  • Established
Are the nutraplanet bcaas light flakey like the leucine alone, or is it more of a powder?

Nutz

Nutz

Awards
I bought 1 fast 400 bulk BCAA cause im a cheapskate :) it tastes horrible, but you can choke it down, and it does the job!

im looking to start having 40 or so G of waxy maize starch, with 20g of BCAA ( plus any creatine or similar you want to add) immediately post workout, followed with 50g whey protein when I get home from the gym in future. think it should be an efficient way to get the best from BCAA and WMS

Skircus7

Skircus7

constant recomp
Awards
  • Established
Unless your caloric intake is severly restricted, you will be fine with taking 10-20g of BCAAs during workouts/cardio. I have been doing this for months, and recovery is great!

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
Unless your caloric intake is severly restricted, you will be fine with taking 10-20g of BCAAs during workouts/cardio. I have been doing this for months, and recovery is great!
agreed...

northern

Awards
Well I never did find a good way to make my own so to speak so I went and bought a kilo of BCAA from 1fast400. I will see how thses work. To the guy who recomended nutraplanet, did the BCAA's tast awful or could you stomach it?

LJ57

LJ57

Awards
  • Established
I had already bought a couple of tubs of Xtend but didn't want to use them all up in a matter of weeks and have to buy more. So what I did was get a kilo of Leucine (about $25) I mix one serving of Xtend and 10g of Leucine during workouts thus I can make a tub of Xtend last me about 3 months. I get the most important BCAA plus I still get some of the other BCAA's and don't create a major imbalance. Just a suggestion though. I personally think Scivation's recommendation of 6-10 scoops for one workout is overkill. Most studies with BCAA's use between 5-15g.

northern

Awards
where are you finding a kilo of leucine for 25? The lowest I was finding was around 39 to 44 and that was a strech.

bnr

bnr

Awards
I'm taking ATW bulk bcaas and it's definately helped me while cutting. The only thing is the taste, I can't mix it with anything. I just have to throw a few tablespoons in my mouth and start chugging crystal light.

LJ57

LJ57

Awards
  • Established
where are you finding a kilo of leucine for 25? The lowest I was finding was around 39 to 44 and that was a strech.

NutraPlanet sells it for $24.99