Pancake Mix

FitModel

FitModel

Awards
  • Established
Does anyone know where to buy a good protein pancake mix?

my friend said he got some from a supplement company called...something "food systems"

and all you have to do is add water...and cook...

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
I SWEAR that is NOT me posting under another board name :)

CROWLER

buffhunk29

buffhunk29

AI Sports Fitness Expert
Awards
  • Established
Nice post!! Love them CAKES!!

Rpen did you have some the morning after your show?

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Rpen did you have some the morning after your show?
Unfortunately, no. But you can bet your ass I ate some of Crowler's healthy Cookies for breakfast!! :food:

Next cheat meal, the pancakes are gonna be out in full effect for sure!!

Jim Sadler

Awards
The Healthy Cheat Foods pancakes are really good.

workin2005

workin2005

NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
Awards
  • Established
The Healthy Cheat Foods pancakes are really good.
They are EXCELLENT! You honestly feel like your "cheating" as the name implies. Crowler nailed this one. :thumbsup:

Workin

lbarber

lbarber

Awards
  • Established
Am I making these wrong? I have 15 lbs of it; I bought in bulk to last through the summer, but in all honesty, I just used 5 servings to try and make one decent batch of pancakes, and not a single one came out good...

I've tried with more water, less water, milk, adding an egg/milk, and even just tossing in Aunt Jemina Whole Wheat Pancake mix, and still, they are not coming out good...

Am I doing something wrong-what are they supposed to look like when cooking because the ones I made resembled an odd looking biscuit (as in texture on the outside)... And they were not golden brown, nor fluffy in any way, shape, or form... That, and they were crunchy... I've tried mixing with a spoon, fork, and even a hand mixer, but still, crunchy when chewing on... I ended up just throwing all the pancakes away...

Did I receive a bad batch, or something, I don't know... All the reviews I've read have said otherwise on taste/texture, but mine didn't come out to good, and I'm pretty disappointed to say the least...

I'm thinking of just contacting the retailer I bought the items from to see if I can get a refund on my purchases... And just going back to my own recipe to make healthy pancakes...

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
Am I making these wrong? I have 15 lbs of it; I bought in bulk to last through the summer, but in all honesty, I just used 5 servings to try and make one decent batch of pancakes, and not a single one came out good...

I've tried with more water, less water, milk, adding an egg/milk, and even just tossing in Aunt Jemina Whole Wheat Pancake mix, and still, they are not coming out good...

Am I doing something wrong-what are they supposed to look like when cooking because the ones I made resembled an odd looking biscuit (as in texture on the outside)... And they were not golden brown, nor fluffy in any way, shape, or form... That, and they were crunchy... I've tried mixing with a spoon, fork, and even a hand mixer, but still, crunchy when chewing on... I ended up just throwing all the pancakes away...

Did I receive a bad batch, or something, I don't know... All the reviews I've read have said otherwise on taste/texture, but mine didn't come out to good, and I'm pretty disappointed to say the least...

I'm thinking of just contacting the retailer I bought the items from to see if I can get a refund on my purchases... And just going back to my own recipe to make healthy pancakes...

Hey Barber,

THANK YOU for the purchase and the post.

The instructions and preparation is the same as with any pancake mix. Every batch has the exact same ingredients.

When I see you say it was crunchy that would mean they are over cooked. When I see you say they look like a bisquit it sounds like not enough water so they are too thick.

Put heaping 1/2 a cup of mix into a bowl along with 1/2 cup of water

Mix with a spoon til all the mix is wet. The amount of mix or water really doesn't matter all you need to be able to do is pour the mix onto the griddle

Your griddle should be hot enough so that a drop of water immediately boils away.

Pour the mixture onto the griddle. Cook until you JUST start to see a bubble rise. Flip the pancake and cook to a desired amount.

Serve with syrup.

What sort of griddle are you using?

CROWLER

lbarber

lbarber

Awards
  • Established
Hey Barber,

THANK YOU for the purchase and the post.

The instructions and preparation is the same as with any pancake mix. Every batch has the exact same ingredients.

When I see you say it was crunchy that would mean they are over cooked. When I see you say they look like a bisquit it sounds like not enough water so they are too thick.

Put heaping 1/2 a cup of mix into a bowl along with 1/2 cup of water

Mix with a spoon til all the mix is wet. The amount of mix or water really doesn't matter all you need to be able to do is pour the mix onto the griddle

Your griddle should be hot enough so that a drop of water immediately boils away.

Pour the mixture onto the griddle. Cook until you JUST start to see a bubble rise. Flip the pancake and cook to a desired amount.

Serve with syrup.

What sort of griddle are you using?

CROWLER
Thanks for responding very quickly, Crowler, I appreciate it! :)

Well, I even tried them with more water, and still the same thing... I'll try cooking them on the stove to see how it goes... The griddle I use is pretty old, but still works very well...

I watched the pancakes pretty closely as I was cooking them-I don't know, I'll report back in a bit on how my 6th attempt goes...

The texture on the outside reminded me of a biscuit that has yet to be fully cooked-it was probably the brown rice flour, or steel cut oats that made the pancake feel kind of crunchy...

lbarber

lbarber

Awards
  • Established
Well, I did something a bit different this time...

I grinded up two servings of HCF pancake mix into my coffee grinder to make it into an even finer powder... I then used lactaid milk in replace of water, since I felt the pancakes would probably taste better if I went that route...

Fired up the stove, and whooh... Not good... Fired up the griddle, and whooh, came out pretty good-actually looked like pancakes this time! And didn't taste too bad either, which is a plus!

As far as fluffiness is concerned-they were kind of fluffy, but not like regular pancakes... And get this, they came out golden brown this time...

I opted to use my blender on a low setting this time to mix up the contents...

Overall, not bad-I can actually eat these things on a more consistent basis now!

I'm going to try them later on with Da Vinci Vanilla syrup added in...

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for responding very quickly, Crowler, I appreciate it! :)

Well, I even tried them with more water, and still the same thing... I'll try cooking them on the stove to see how it goes... The griddle I use is pretty old, but still works very well...

I watched the pancakes pretty closely as I was cooking them-I don't know, I'll report back in a bit on how my 6th attempt goes...

The texture on the outside reminded me of a biscuit that has yet to be fully cooked-it was probably the brown rice flour, or steel cut oats that made the pancake feel kind of crunchy...
Thats strange lbarber...I cook them exactly like Crowler described and they come out perfect. :think:

It sounds like maybe your cooking it with too much heat, especially if its burning quickly on the outside but not cooking all the way through.

In any event, all this is making me hungry, I'm going to go make some right now. ;)

Workin

lbarber

lbarber

Awards
  • Established
Thats strange lbarber...I cook them exactly like Crowler described and they come out perfect. :think:

It sounds like maybe your cooking it with too much heat, especially if its burning quickly on the outside but not cooking all the way through.

In any event, all this is making me hungry, I'm going to go make some right now. ;)

Workin
Well, they actually never burned on me-just had a really weird texture to them on the outside-kind of like a biscuit that's half way cooked...

On the stove, however, they burned really quickly, even on a low temperature of 2.0... But then again, I hate making pancakes on a frying pan due to the fact they always come out different in the first place...

Also, I cooked them on the same temperature, 360 degrees... They looked much different the sixth time I cooked them, and actually resembled pancakes this time compared to the previous attempts in which, well, they looked nothing like pancakes...

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
Well, I did something a bit different this time...

I grinded up two servings of HCF pancake mix into my coffee grinder to make it into an even finer powder... I then used lactaid milk in replace of water, since I felt the pancakes would probably taste better if I went that route...

Fired up the stove, and whooh... Not good... Fired up the griddle, and whooh, came out pretty good-actually looked like pancakes this time! And didn't taste too bad either, which is a plus!

As far as fluffiness is concerned-they were kind of fluffy, but not like regular pancakes... And get this, they came out golden brown this time...

I opted to use my blender on a low setting this time to mix up the contents...

Overall, not bad-I can actually eat these things on a more consistent basis now!

I'm going to try them later on with Da Vinci Vanilla syrup added in...
Good to hear...I keep some in my refrigerator and eat them with Date Sugar for a snack. I'm addicted to these things!

Workin

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Yeh I am definitely addicted --- in a really bad, but very good way ;)

lbarber

lbarber

Awards
  • Established
Alright, last update... Crowler, you definitely have a winner on your hands! :head:

Just made another batch with 1 tbsp of vanilla da vinci syrup, and man, these things taste pretty good to say the least...

I'm going to continue to grind up the powder in the coffee grinder, though, as I feel this is contributing to my success with making the pancakes... This batch actually came out fluffier then the last one, and they look exactly like pancakes!

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Alright, last update... Crowler, you definitely have a winner on your hands! :head:

Just made another batch with 1 tbsp of vanilla da vinci syrup, and man, these things taste pretty good to say the least...

I'm going to continue to grind up the powder in the coffee grinder, though, as I feel this is contributing to my success with making the pancakes... This batch actually came out fluffier then the last one, and they look exactly like pancakes!
That is awesome to hear man!!

Let us know if there is anything more we can help you with.

lbarber

lbarber

Awards
  • Established
That is awesome to hear man!!

Let us know if there is anything more we can help you with.
Thanks man! I'll post some pics up tomorrow! :) I plan on eating these for breakfast for now on! okay, I lied... I plan on eating them 2-3 times a day! I have a feeling these won't last too long, especially since my last two batches have come out pretty good...

Hey, I didn't pay for 15 lbs of pancake mix for no reason! lol...

Although, I have a feeling I may be purchasing another 15 lbs soon... As there is no way this will last through the summer!

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
GREAT to hear it THANKS!

I went a little overboard yesterday. I dumped the entire bag in a huge bowl and just kept adding water til it was all mix up with a spoon.

I cooked the entire batch. I had 3 or 4 then and have been munching on them every since :)

What I LOVE about it is after I eat them I dont' have to worry ok have I eaten enough protein, what about carbs, what about healthy fats. Hey I got them all at once and it was so easy.

CROWLER

getjacked63

Awards
  • Established
i had a problem similiar to this with the healthy cookies made by AI. i think these things just take some practice. my first few batches of the cookies were straight up terrible!! once i finally got it figured out they started tasting MUCH better. once you figure out how to cook these things you become easily addicted though so watch out!

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
i had a problem similiar to this with the healthy cookies made by AI. i think these things just take some practice. my first few batches of the cookies were straight up terrible!! once i finally got it figured out they started tasting MUCH better. once you figure out how to cook these things you become easily addicted though so watch out!
That is so true man.

My first couple batches of pancakes were....ehh just ok. But the more and more I cooked them and started to figure out how they "work" I was able to start cookin up every batch to perfection.

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established

this point can probably be debated, but grinding oats (or any whole grain) into a fine powder will likely increase GI and sort of defeat the purpose.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I know you said it could be debated (which it has been often on AM). For those interested, here's the debate as to why it doesn't.

Particle size of wheat, maize, and oat test meals: effects on plasma glucose and insulin responses and on the rate of starch digestion in vitro.

Heaton KW, Marcus SN, Emmett PM, Bolton CH.

University Department of Medicine, Bristol Royal Infirmary, UK.

When normal volunteers ate isocaloric wheat-based meals, their plasma insulin responses (peak concentration and area under curve) increased stepwise: whole grains less than cracked grains less than coarse flour less than fine flour. Insulin responses were also greater with fine maizemeal than with whole or cracked maize grains but were similar with whole groats, rolled oats, and fine oatmeal. The peak-to-nadir swing of plasma glucose was greater with wheat flour than with cracked or whole grains. In vitro starch hydrolysis by pancreatic amylase was faster with decreasing particle size with all three cereals. Correlation with the in vivo data was imperfect. Oat-based meals evoked smaller glucose and insulin responses than wheat- or maize-based meals. Particle size influences the digestion rate and consequent metabolic effects of wheat and maize but not oats. The increased insulin response to finely ground flour may be relevant to the etiology of diseases associated with hyperinsulinemia and to the management of diabetes.

You bunch of lazy gurus :D

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
lbarber

lbarber

Awards
  • Established
I am officially addicted to these! :D

For those who have yet to try them, buy some-you will not regret it!

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
oh GREAT a Healthy Cheat Food shill can we have an IP check I bet this is CROWLER :rasp:

HA just kidding.

That is FANTASTIC!

Thank you for taking the time to do those pics, upload them and post them.

That is GREAT! I love the way you workned(pun intended) the Poseidon into the picture.

It pleases me so much that you went from not having luck at all but had the patience to try again. I REALLY do appreciate it all!

CROWLER

lbarber

lbarber

Awards
  • Established
oh GREAT a Healthy Cheat Food shill can we have an IP check I bet this is CROWLER :rasp:

HA just kidding.

That is FANTASTIC!

Thank you for taking the time to do those pics, upload them and post them.

That is GREAT! I love the way you workned(pun intended) the Poseidon into the picture.

It pleases me so much that you went from not having luck at all but had the patience to try again. I REALLY do appreciate it all!

CROWLER
Haha, yeah, I have to show some love to poseidon, lol... I like that product, too...

But yeah, I'm glad to be of any help... I was pretty disappointed by how things went the first 5 times I attempted to make these, but once I managed to get a firm grasp of how to make the pancakes, things have been going really well...

Took me about 4 minutes to get everything prepped... Starting eating within 10 minutes... :)

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
This awesome man --- great pics, I saw this right before I went home for lunch and got home and made me some --- I am blaming it on your amazing pic skills, or maybe its that these things are just sooo good. Either way man great pics!

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
These really are good. I get shiat over at bb.com b/c I speak so highly about the pancake/waffle mix...BUT I REALLY DO LOVE THESE!

Anybody that likes blueberries should try adding some to the pancake right after you have poured the mix into the pan...it tastes even better if you roll the berries around in a bowl with a little Liquid Sucralose first!

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
These really are good. I get shiat over at bb.com b/c I speak so highly about the pancake/waffle mix...BUT I REALLY DO LOVE THESE!

Anybody that likes blueberries should try adding some to the pancake right after you have poured the mix into the pan...it tastes even better if you roll the berries around in a bowl with a little Liquid Sucralose first!
Hmm --- will be trying that tommorow morning.

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
I am officially addicted to these! :D

For those who have yet to try them, buy some-you will not regret it!

lbarber...YOU DA MAN! ;)

Great pics! The pancakes look fantastic!

Thanks for including Poseidon in the mix...I'm feeling the love :thumbsup:

Someone please rep him for this! :cheers:

Workin