1st Order with Protein Customizer

tatortodd

Awards
  • Established
I've been meaning to post this for a few weeks. I made my first order with Protein Customizer over the phone. I spoke directly with the Customizer himself, and received my order promptly.

I made 2 custom formulas plus ordered some straight protein.

Morning (strawberry): 20% egg, 43% CFM Whey Isolate, 37% Milk Isolate. $31 and some change for 5 lbs.

Post Workout (vanilla): 100% CFM Whey Isolate. Slightly under $40 for 5 lbs.

Bed Time (chocolate): 38% CFM Whey Isolate, 62% Milk Isolate. $31 and some change for 5 lbs.

The texture of all three is similar to Isomatrix, but without the nasty soy taste or the abuse of my wallet. All three flavorings are fine with the chocolate being the mildest, but I'm not a good reference for taste because I dump so much stuff (ground oatmeal, creatine, Total EFA Oil, and/or Psyllium husks) in with my shakes and have never tried one plain. They all seem to be instantized, but have only used them in my blender.

In summary, I'm pleased with the service, the speedy delivery, the cost, and the product.

~Todd

Sheesh

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the feedback. I've been looking to give Customizer a try for some time. I think I will sometime soon....

Truck 44

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I ordered from proteinfactory and proteincustomizer, and I love protien customizer

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Excellent. Glad to see the good feedback on customizer. I would really like to start going with him. I'm paying entirely too much money for my casein right now.

u4ik_rage

Awards
I've posted about them before and just placed my third order. The taste is great and the price to quality is the best you can get anywhere.

zeppelin

Awards
Glad everyone is happy with the product. We really work hard to put out good stuff with service to match.

tatortodd

Awards
  • Established
Glad everyone is happy with the product. We really work hard to put out good stuff with service to match.
What is the likelihood of adding ground oatmeal as one of your bulk carbohydrates? Even better, would be if it could be made instantized.

Lugging that monster box home from Costco and running it through a coffee grinder is getting old real quick.

~Todd

Ibanez

Awards
I've ordered from protein customizer. The prices are pretty good and the delievery was pretty quick. I was happy with the service.

conversekidz

Awards

What is the likelihood of adding ground oatmeal as one of your bulk carbohydrates? Even better, would be if it could be made instantized.

Lugging that monster box home from Costco and running it through a coffee grinder is getting old real quick.

~Todd
use a foodprocessor, you can grind a heap more at one time.

wardog

Awards
  • Established
I may actually try them. I am addicted to optimum, but another 10 pounds of protein is never a bad thing.

Is the chocolate flavoring pretty good?

tatortodd

Awards
  • Established
I still haven't tried one plain, but have tried it with just Psyllium husks which IMO only affect texture not taste. My chocolate (38% CFM Whey Isolate, 62% Milk Isolate) is mild, but the taste is fine. I think the vanilla and strawberry are a little stronger since the taste is more apparant despite my shake additives.

~Todd

Tony1

Awards
My mix in %'s 25 wpc, 25 cfm, 25 micellar and 25 egg was the best tasting chocolate protein powder I have ever had. I will be ordering this mix again and again. My mix in %'s 40 mpi, 30 micellar, 20 wpc and 10 egg was more bland and tasted alot like Metrx apm 60. I think the higher %'s of mpi and casein will do this. I have strawberry in 50/50 of wpc and cfm. Its good but I prefer a more mild strawbery like a strawberry cream. The turnover from when you place an order to receiving your stuff is excellent. It used to take about two weeks to get an order from the protein factory. My order from from Customizer took five days. I will definitely order from them again. I have to say that the protein factory has new flavor called tropical orange that is incredible. The downside is that you pay an extra dollar per lb. to the price that already includes flavoring priced in.

intv

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established

~Todd
Bump on that - I love customizer blends and was wondering about this just the other day! I'd love to be able to add some better carbs like oatmeal.

Tony1

Awards
Is oat bran the same thing as oatmeal? Oat bran is a good carb source high in fiber.

tatortodd

Awards
  • Established
Just to follow up.......I like my first order so much that I just ordered the exact same thing again.

~Todd

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm thinking about trying them myself for my egg powder source.

dieseldude

Awards
I have used them for 5-6 orders allready and love there products. Service is also outstanding.
I would stick to the flavored, i always get vanilla. I tried it once without flavor (15 pounds) and its almost harsh. I used the kids Nestles Quik to flavor it and it was much better.......

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
I just placed my 1st order with them the other day. I picked up 5lbs. of the daytime formula chocolate. It's pretty good and seems legit. The flavor is somewhere in between Beverly and Optimum. Don't worry you won't miss your Optimum if you switch to this. The only thing that would be nice is if it came in a jug instead of a bag. I have yet to find a scooper anywhere in the bag.

zeppelin

Awards
We don't send scoopers in the bags.

Have been contemplating the idea to switching over to canisters, or better resealable bags with labels and scoops. Would this be of interest and such?

This would limit the order size to 2lb and 5lb conisters probably.

Along with this would probably come at least 3 new flavors. Everything would be plain, and you could pick your flavor(s). Flavors would come in enough to flavor 1 and 5lb packages, with scoops. This way you could by 5lb and make every shake different. Would be as simple as a scoop of protein and a scoop of flavor. Or you could dump the entire flavor package into the protein and with a hefty shake, it is all flavored.

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by zeppelin
We don't send scoopers in the bags.

Have been contemplating the idea to switching over to canisters, or better resealable bags with labels and scoops. Would this be of interest and such?

Along with this would probably come at least 3 new flavors. Everything would be plain, and you could pick your flavor(s). Flavors would come in enough to flavor 1 and 5lb packages, with scoops. This way you could by 5lb and make every shake different. Would be as simple as a scoop of protein and a scoop of flavor. Or you could dump the entire flavor package into the protein and with a hefty shake, it is all flavored.
See I knew there was a reason I couldn't find one.  I would rather see a canister than a resealable bag.  As many times a day I'm in the kitchen I get sloppy sometimes and I know that bag is going to go for a ride on the floor.  The flavoring idea is cool.  I pretty much stick to chocolate because of it's versatility but some strawberry would be nice occasionally.  Good idea I think people will like it.

jxhopper

Awards
  • Established
Bump on protein customizer. They are incredible. Fast, professional, and for quality protein you can't beat their price. They will be receiving steady orders from me for a long time.

Zepplin... I agree about the containers instead of bags. BUT.... only if that doesn't come with a subsequent price increase. If you have to raise the prices much at all, I'd rather buy my own container. Maybe you could make it an option for a small increase... that way you can please everyone??

Also everyone check yourt healthfood grocery store for bulk oat flour and ground oat bran. I get it for like 1.59 a lb. I like this better than grinding my own, as I can't seem to get the texture as fine as from the store.

Jx

Jcc

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I've kept an old NLarge2 10 lb bucket for this purpose for the past 3 months. The prices are great as they are, I wouldn't want to see them go up either.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Using a canister and a scoop would be a great idea. If you guys can also put nutrition facts labels than would be awesome Zeppelin

jay12

Awards
Big ups for customizer. A few weeks back I ordered some protein and when it didn't show up a week later I sent him an email. I got a response immediately saying that FedEx listed it as delivered on their website, but he would send me another order if I was sure it didn't come. Long story short, I got my replacement order a couple days later and about a week later my original package was returned to customizer from who knows where.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Anyone use their bulk egg protein? Just wondering about the taste. Like Wardog I'm addicted to Optimums flavor so I'm tryiong to get an idea of what it would be like.

Taste isn't a big deal to me, but its always nice.

zeppelin

Awards
Glad you all like the products. Every morning around here sees Dave, myself, and the staff running around like chickens trying to get the HUUUUUUUUUUUGE stack of orders out by the 1:30-2:00 pick-up.

Everything would have nutrition labels on it, including the 3-5 house mixes and flavoring.

Using resealable 3ml poly bags would pretty much keep the prices the same.

Canisters run a pretty penny when all is said and done. We would have to increase the prices if we do this. It costs a lot to ship "air" to our facilitie. Manufacturing and shipping bags costs next to nothing in comparison. 10k bags takes up about 10feet square. 10,000 canisters would take up 12,000 square feet. This comes with a cost on the shipping end.

So we will see how it works out.

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Zeppelin when you look at it that way I don't blame you for keeping with the bags. I would rather see the price stay the same. I can get any old container for it.

Customizer

Black Star Labs
Awards
Anyone use their bulk egg protein? Just wondering about the taste. Like Wardog I'm addicted to Optimums flavor so I'm tryiong to get an idea of what it would be like.

Taste isn't a big deal to me, but its always nice.

egg protein taste........bad
egg protein quality......great

michael

Awards
stick with bags...

If it adds cost....DON'T DO IT!

IMHO the reason people order from bulk protien sources is for cost savings as those who do usually consume a copious amount. Stay hardcore and cheap and you're buisness will prosper in this nitch. Also as a new customer who switched over from protien factory I must say I'm very pleased with quality and especially service(speed of delivery), which is crucial for me. Many times I've had to buy local retail protien to fill gaps in a lagging order from pro factory.

I use attractive stainless steel canisters with vacuum lids that I got from walmart, keep em on counter and it blends in nicely with decor which makes the wife happy as well.....It's the best of both worlds.

Godbless!

belbs75

Awards
When i was in the U.S i ordered something like 60lbs of protein and took it back with me to Australia, this was in March. Just recently i ordered another 12lbs along with some Bcaa's. The price of the protein didnt kill me it was the shipping that fucked me.. But that doesnt matter, the only place i'll be getting my protein from is Customizer even if i end up in Antarctica... The choc flavour is great for the mornings when you first wake up, but the strawberry flavour is just the best thing to have for your last shake or meal before bed..:D

Kow

Awards
There's nothing better than a business that keeps its customers happy.

I'd ordered 4lbs of a mix of 4 proteins plus flavoring on a Monday I think and it came on a Friday. That was quicker than I expected because I realize it must take time to mix and measure and stuff and whatnot.

The price and service were of course great, and from seeing the way these guys conduct themselves (on Avant's forum), you can tell these are good fellas. They'll be getting my protein dollars for as long as they're around.

dito

Awards
  • Established

I like this idea with the nutrition labels.

cashiertan

Awards
hi, i have a female fren whu has high metabolic rate thus she is ver skinny. therefore how to make her gain weight as she dun do much excercise. what mixture of protein and carbs u recommend her to get from the protein customizer. i have get her some weight gainer b4 but there dun taste good or dun work.

tatortodd

Awards
  • Established
I've been really impressed with Protein Customizer and made my third order with them a few weeks back. They were out of strawberry at the time so I switched my breakfast to vanilla (actually prefer the vanilla), and had my post workout cfm whey isolate plain. I figured with the oatmeal that due to the oatmeal that I add post workout that wouldn't miss the flavoring, but I do notice the difference (it's bearable though).

~Todd

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Question for those of you that use this stuff in a shaker; how well does this stuff disperse? How about foaming? I currently use Optimum (which I LOVE), and big reasons why I like it is because it disperses perfectly, and doesn't get that nasty fawking foam that has to settle for half an hour. How does this compare?

And yes, I AM a picky fucker when it comes to my supps.:D

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by Swanson52
Question for those of you that use this stuff in a shaker; how well does this stuff disperse? How about foaming? I currently use Optimum (which I LOVE), and big reasons why I like it is because it disperses perfectly, and doesn't get that nasty fawking foam that has to settle for half an hour. How does this compare?

And yes, I AM a picky fucker when it comes to my supps.:D

I use the daytime and the nighttime forumulas and there is no foaming and they mix well in a shaker with water or milk.  Blending works good as well.  I'm very happy with PCs proteins.

Mancolt

Awards
Sounds good. I think I'm going to give them a try. What proteins/percentages do you guys recommend for a good all-around post-workout shake? I'm currently using the Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey with Chocolate flavoring and love the taste. Of course, quality is more important than taste, so if I can get a variety of proteins that still has a decent taste, I will.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Grunt you got me so excited I was reading this thread just dreaming about making a custom order... and then I tired the link and boom nothing, then realized the dates :(. This seemed like a awsome product; what happened?

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
I'm not sure exactly. There are other places, such as true _ protein, protein _ factory, heck even allthewhey might offer custom mixes now, I'm not sure.

True _ Protein _ .com sent me some moldy protein that made me sick. And since they're shipping it across the whole continent, that's not very good for me, takes 2 weeks to get here... So I'm looking for another custom place...