Localized Berberine Application - AnabolicMinds.com

Localized Berberine Application

1. New Member

Localized Berberine Application

I finally got around to trying something I've been thinking about for a while... dissolving some berberine hcl in a benzyl alcohol solution for localized application. My thinking was that I don't want the effects of elevated AMPk chronically and system-wide, but it would be desirable to achieve chronically elevated AMPk locally -- in the midsection, for example.

The problem is it's like fluorescent yellow paint. I tested it on my foot first, and the discoloration does fade, but it takes a while. Predictably, it made my midsection as yellow as a banana after one application, and it took two days to fade. With repeated applications you would have discoloration continuously.

The stuff's actually so much like paint that I had to dispose of the container I used to dissolve the berberine in, because I was never going to get it clean again.

Anyhow... I'm sorry I can't report effectiveness. It did seem to elevate the temperature at the site of application.

I thought I'd post this as a warning to some, and maybe as encouragement to brave others -- it's feasible to brew such a solution, just be prepared for the side effect.

2. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Interesting idea, I wonder what it would take to make it not so paint like.

Great innovation! Ideas like this is where great things come from.
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Agreed - great idea (apart from the whole yellow thing - sounds like it would come from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory).
    •   

4. Board Sponsor

I seriously doubt it's staying localized if you're just using benzyl alcohol.
  5. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Savage View Post
    I seriously doubt it's staying localized if you're just using benzyl alcohol.
    No, it was a crude local solution using 2 oz benzyl alcohol and 2 oz Dermabolics carrier. I dissolved 3g berberine hcl in the benzyl, then added the Dermabolics carrier.
  6. Board Sponsor

Oh ok. Dermabolics got their transdermal technology from a very good source, so you're in good hands.
  7. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Sadler View Post
    I finally got around to trying something I've been thinking about for a while... dissolving some berberine hcl in a benzyl alcohol solution for localized application. My thinking was that I don't want the effects of elevated AMPk chronically and system-wide, but it would be desirable to achieve chronically elevated AMPk locally -- in the midsection, for example.

The problem is it's like fluorescent yellow paint. I tested it on my foot first, and the discoloration does fade, but it takes a while. Predictably, it made my midsection as yellow as a banana after one application, and it took two days to fade. With repeated applications you would have discoloration continuously.

The stuff's actually so much like paint that I had to dispose of the container I used to dissolve the berberine in, because I was never going to get it clean again.

Anyhow... I'm sorry I can't report effectiveness. It did seem to elevate the temperature at the site of application.

I thought I'd post this as a warning to some, and maybe as encouragement to brave others -- it's feasible to brew such a solution, just be prepared for the side effect.
    anybody know if this is the same cAMP elevation seen with forskolin?Noticed he spelled it with a k(AMPk)

Similar Forum Threads

1. Spironolactone 2% application ?
    By lifted in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-28-2003, 03:33 PM
  2. best application sites
    By GYM1 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 04-12-2003, 10:55 AM
  3. Lipoderm or Yohimburn application?
    By alpha6164 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1