Cutting w/ Creatine

dharn42

Awards
Hey all.... just wondering, im about 200 lbs. right now and am looking to cut (lipo6 with vasopro) hopefulley down to 180 on a 12 week cycle.... im wondering if im still doing normal cardio and weights to cut if creatine would help me retain all of my muscle or if it would not help me cut down to the weight i want to.... any help is appreciated thanks

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
I don't see anything wrong w/ using creatine while cutting. Yeah, it might make you retain some water, but that can be shed quickly if needed.

I like it mostly because it helps my strength levels while in a caloric deficit.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
I don't see any problems with using creatine either. I'd personally use CEE, not mono.

But you are not going to maintain all of your muscle. 20lbs in 12 weeks is very doable and is a very good goal. But keeping all of your muscle and only losing fat, is not going to happen.

Your diet and workout routine/ cardio are going to mostly determine the outcome.

What do these look like?

And best of luck with the cut man...keep us updated...this is one of the more realistic goals I've seen...

lossttt

Awards
ive used creatine while cutting...if you are already taking it, there wont be anything really different... but keep taking it for the endurance and strength benefits

no prob

internetchink

internetchink

Awards
Using something to help keep a little fullness, and a little strenght.. helps in the long run. Some people start there cutting and give up sooner than intended due to lost of fullness and/or strenght. As PumpingIron said I like CEE over monohydrate mono= mudbutt :gas:

workin2005

workin2005

NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
Awards
  • Established
Creatine works well on a cut. I actually never cut without it.

Workin

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Creatine helps keep you in a FED state during a cut so it's good stuff along with BCAA's/EAA's IMO ;)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CoreyL.A. Supplements 28
Supplements 31
Weight Loss 20
Supplements 17
R1balla Supplements 17