what's some good High Blood Pressure supplements?

bullet

Awards
So a buddy of mine came to me saying that he has really high blood pressure. What's some good supplements for that? i know that celery seed works really fast. What do you guys think?
Thanks

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Celery seed is pretty decent for BP as well as minor arthritis pain. I've heard some scant evidence that it may disrupt thryroid function, however I haven't been able to confirm this.

Another good choice is C-12 peptides. Twin Labs has it in a BP control supp and you can also get the bulk powder at Custom Nutrition Warehouse. There are no side effects that I know of.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Garlic complex

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
What's causing the high BP? The twinlab stuff yeahright mentioned is supposed to be really good, cycle support is a good choice too for all around health.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've heard great thing's about AI's Cycle Support. Ingredient profile is very solid.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Fish oil
nettle
arginine (?)

papa G

Awards
Arginine, potassium, hawethorne berry and celery seed. You just can't go wrong with this at the right doses!

zbtboy

zbtboy

Anabolic Innovations Rep
Awards
  • Established
In case your wondering, here is Cycle Supports profile..

Serving Size= 2 scoops
Red Yeast Rice 1200 mg
Silymarin (milk thistle extract) 1000 mg
NAC 1200 mg
Hawthorn Berry 1000 mg
Saw Palmetto 300 mg
Policosonol 20 mg
Celery Seed Extract 150 mg
Nettle Root 250 mg
Idebenone 100 mg

Tetsu

Awards
I had my BP checked tuesday and it was 144/90 on day 3 of Pherplex, I didn't take it before the reading. I've been taking Cycle support for 2.5 weeks. I think I'm gonna pick up some addtional celery seed. Never had a BP problem before.

bullet

Awards
thats not high blood pressure
sorry to say it bro but you have no ideea what you're talking about. this is off a medical website

"High blood pressure (or hypertension) is defined in an adult as a blood pressure greater than or equal to 140 mm Hg systolic pressure or greater than or equal to 90 mm Hg diastolic pressure."
And that's of a medical website

Tetsu

Awards
Yeah it's high BP according to the AHA, my doc says it's borderline.

size

Awards
  • Established
Celery seed is pretty decent for BP as well as minor arthritis pain. I've heard some scant evidence that it may disrupt thryroid function, however I haven't been able to confirm this.

Another good choice is C-12 peptides. Twin Labs has it in a BP control supp and you can also get the bulk powder at Custom Nutrition Warehouse. There are no side effects that I know of.
I have to agree with Bioman.

Celery seed extract has been beneficial for me when blood pressure is a concern. This is important to me as my family has history of mild hypertension. From my experience using it, I have not had any negative impacts.

C-12 Peptides seem to be another good choice. It seems to be a good choice for individuals who are prehypertensive as there is research showing that it is an effective and safe method to blood pressure regulation. Long term or other impacts from C-12 peptides may or may not exist but I have not discovered any while researching.

ken25

ken25

Awards

Serving Size= 2 scoops
Red Yeast Rice 1200 mg
NAC 1200 mg
Hawthorn Berry 1000 mg
Saw Palmetto 300 mg
Policosonol 20 mg
Nettle Root 250 mg
Idebenone 100 mg
i have a quick question maybe someone can answer. since ryr depletes coq10 levels, shouldn't we be taking coq10 with this?

bullet

Awards
damn man this Cycle Support is crazy!! i gave my buddy a bottle out of my own supply about 4 days ago. He just called me up today to tell me that he's stopped taking his medication 3 days ago(which i never told him to do and i wouldn't advise anyone to do) and he said his BP which was 200 1 week ago is at 124/80 on Cycle Support alone!! he's just going on and on about how much better he fells on it compared to his medication. Still i told him to talk to his doctor and make sure that everything is ok.
thanks AI!! You guys rock!!

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow!!! That's impressive and good to hear bullet, glad it worked out for your buddy.

Vicarious

Vicarious

Awards
  • Established
i have a quick question maybe someone can answer. since ryr depletes coq10 levels, shouldn't we be taking coq10 with this?

I remember doing the research on CS before I took it. One of the ingredients IS coq10..its just not called that. I'm too lazy to find out. But CS has Coq10 covered...AND! CS is hands down the best. Look up the thread "Cycle support = Life Support". it has all the info you need. My testimonial as well as many others is in there too.

Tetsu

Awards
Picked up some extra celery seed then went to the grocery to use one of those machines to check my BP. 167/87 91bpm that's 1.5hr PWO 6.5 hr post PP. Waited for a bit and checked it again and came up with 141/81 86bpm. My resting HR is always high.

I'll just keep checking and taking CS along with the extra celery seed

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established

Idebenone

Idebenone is an analog of the very popular CoQ10. In most respects, Idebenone shares its traits with Coenzyme Q10 and like Coenzyme Q10 is might be useful for aging. It differs from it in some important ways, which may make it more useful. Under certain circumstances, Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) may become a pro-oxidant. These circumstances are conditions in which hypoxia or lack of oxygen occurs.

In cases of shock, heart attack, stroke, or poor circulation, CoQ10 auto-oxidizes and unleashes massive amounts of various free radicals that damage delicate tissues and because CoQ10 is necessary for electron transport and ATP (chemical energy) production, cellular death may ensue. Idebenone, on the other hand, suppresses free radicals and continues ATP production in hypoxic situations. This may make it a useful supplement for individuals at risk for those conditions.

Other important traits of Idebenone not shared by CoQ10 include the ability to raise the brain's serotonin levels like the SSRI antidepressants (Prozac) and it also increases the brain levels of nerve growth factor. Another trait is to protect the myelin sheath from damage as well as the mitochondria that has important implications in Multiple Sclerosis.
The ability to enhance serotonin production occurs even under less than optimal conditions such as those whose diet contains little L-Tryptophan.

CROWLER

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
Are prescription meds for blood pressure something you can drop cold turkey or do you have to get off them slowly till eventually as long as your numbers are normal you get off?

Reason I ask is i'm determined to get my dad off meds. He's been on them for years but he dropped a lot of weight and I have him eating healthy and there's no reason for him to take them anymore. He has no appetite, he's moody, impaired mental ability and I feel like i'm watching him die. I know it's all side effects of the medications. I"m even more concerned with his kidneys failing or getting cancer from all the years of toxicity these meds will cause. I set up a appointment with the dr. to see what's the best way to do it.

I plan on substituting his meds with AI's cycle support along with fish oil, now adam multi and garlic complex. Eating healthy and regular exercise.(i'm a CPT)

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established

Serving Size= 2 scoops
Red Yeast Rice 1200 mg
NAC 1200 mg
Hawthorn Berry 1000 mg
Saw Palmetto 300 mg
Policosonol 20 mg
Nettle Root 250 mg
Idebenone 100 mg
wow! I guess I never looked close enough at this to see how great it was put together. This is officially a staple for my upcoming cycles.

Brolic

Brolic

Banned
Awards
  • Established

Serving Size= 2 scoops
Red Yeast Rice 1200 mg
NAC 1200 mg
Hawthorn Berry 1000 mg
Saw Palmetto 300 mg
Policosonol 20 mg
Nettle Root 250 mg
Idebenone 100 mg
should i use more than 2sc to lower bp