Ephedra and your receptors frying

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. PT3

Ephedra and your receptors frying

Hi All

What do you think of this ephedra cycle... I have about 10lbs of fat to lose.

75mg per day w/ about 900mg of caffeine after the first week

5 days per week during ketosis

2 days off during carb-up (this should help receptors and body rebuild from the stress)

12 weeks on

4 weeks off

12 weeks on

6 months off

Would this be too dangerous?

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.

75mg per day w/ about 900mg of caffeine after the first week
    At that dosage if your diet is dialed in you should be able to shed the 10lbs in about 8-10 weeks easy
    I usually only dose 50mg a day, i guess it depends on your tollerance.
  3. Registered User

that is way too dangerous....ephedra you are only suppose to run 2 weeks and then take the same off....i meaqn people do diff, such as like 4 weeks which you can get away with, but for the length you are talking about it is insane,what is the name of the ephedra you are going to take? i used stimerex-es, and i took the 3 pills a day the first day and i felt like a tweaker, you have to let your body adjust and get use to it first, before going straight to the maximum dose
    •   

4. rollin' on dubs!
    Stats
    5'9"  178 lbs.

i couldnt imagine 12 weeks of continuous ephedra use. i have trouble dealing with crash from 25mg taken once. going this long will develop a dependency which is extremely hard to overcome. trust me, i know from previous experience. a much better option would be to run several short bursts of EC lasting 2-3 weeks. go this long, followed by a similar amount of time off and repeat.

you have to wonder how effective EC would be once your body gets accustomed to it. im sure its fat loss effects would start to diminish after only a couple weeks anyways.
  5. Avant's #1 Stunna'
    Board Sponsor

I don't mess with EC anymore because I think I used it for way too long without adequate breaks in the past.

Time off is absolutely key.

Also, I wouldn't jump in right away with that dosage. Start lower and work your way up.
  6. She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
    Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by WannaBeHulk View Post
    i couldnt imagine 12 weeks of continuous ephedra use.
    Try like 2 years straight, and 6 all together with more on than off.

Is that ephedrine cycle dangerous? Hardly. If you can stick to the 2 days off per week, I don't think you'll have any problem at all. But that will be hard to do if you're anything like me.

You could also look into R-ala and such for glucose/insulin management. Don't know if DS still makes Glucophase XR . Should be particularly helpful with carb up days.

If you start to develop any kind of tolerance to the ephedrine, add a few mgs of yohimbine hcl (not yohimbe bark). You could even add yohimbine hcl to your outline the whole time, but I'm not sure how many different stims you wanna get into.
  7. rollin' on dubs!
    Stats
    5'9"  178 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by supersoldier View Post
    Try like 2 years straight, and 6 all together with more on than off.
    2 years with no break? how were the psychological effects? i only ask because this is where it hit me hard. after developing a tolerance, my doseage had less of an effect and depression started slowly occurring. i would seriously lie in bed for like 30 minutes after my alarm went off because it seemed impossible for me to function until i popped the E. i have no idea how anyone can tolerate this!
    Last edited by WannaBeHulk; 02-27-2007 at 01:49 PM.
  8. Registered User

I've heard that ephedra becomes more effective with it's continued use. Your cycle looks fine. It really depends on your own tollerance. If you notice ill effect discontinue its use. Be Careful
  9. She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
    Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by WannaBeHulk View Post
    it seemed impossible for me to function until i pooped the E.
    Well that about sums up my life for while. I was a total nucking fut!

The worst time in my life was during basic training, coming off cold turkey from 3 years or more total with Ephedrine, and 1 year solid with old shcool Biotest MD6 (NorEphedrine/Caff/Yohimbine/5-HTP, and a few others---pretty much like legal Crack). I honestly don't know how I made it through that time there. Ask my buddy Chad (Chad on AM too) about some of the letters I wrote him.

I haven't touched the stuff in a few years now. But I still can't make it through the day without caffeine powder at least in the morning. Currently using caffeine and 4mg nicotine gum , and just added Clear Edge.

I just noticed you wrote "pooped the E" instead of "popped the E"

BTW to the thread starter, 4mg nicotine gum will help you lose weight too. Tyramine is also good!
  10. Registered User

I've done alot of research on ephedrine/ephedra products and what I've gathered would be that in MOST cases, this would be safe. Cycling 5 on/2 off allows to keep receptors fresh and lessen a tolerance.

Also, what I've come to learn is most people who say the effect comes to a hault when used to it, are speaking of the jittery/heart through your chest energy. The thermogenic/fat burning affect continues to work even though you don't "feel" it like you once used to.
  11. rollin' on dubs!
    Stats
    5'9"  178 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by njt11 View Post
    The thermogenic/fat burning affect continues to work even though you don't "feel" it like you once used to.
    do you know this as a fact or is this an opinion? i only ask because i know the body works miracles when it comes to adaptation. if taken 5 on/2 off, it will likely take longer to adapt to the substance but doesnt mean it will stay as effective as the first weeks.
  12. Registered User

there´s no receptor tolerance in fat tissue -so while the excitatory effectsd diminish, the fat-loss will continue as befor.

there´s no dependence with ephedrine and hardly with amophemaines alike, without a hereditary heart failure it´very safe, too.

Only stop, if you fell that you´re getting psychiatric side-effect that make you fell too unconfortable, althoughh this isn´t the case for the majority of the users.
  13. Registered User

How long does it tend to see fat-loss effects from ephedra? I've been on 50 mg/day (2 Lipodrene caps per day) for a little while and I've definitely noticed the focus, but was just curious as to when most people saw there best results/most noticable results from their cycles of ephedra.
  14. dwb

Quote Originally Posted by Nabisco View Post
    How long does it tend to see fat-loss effects from ephedra? I've been on 50 mg/day (2 Lipodrene caps per day) for a little while and I've definitely noticed the focus, but was just curious as to when most people saw there best results/most noticable results from their cycles of ephedra.
    as long as your diet is decent and you do your cardio , nice number would be 3 or 4 lbs in a week and drink like 1.5 gallons of water a day
  15. Registered User

from my experience with ephedra i can honestly say that i completely forgot about the purpose of taking it. like others have said if it's not dosed and cycled correctly you will develop a habit and it will cause psychological problems. and cognition problems. that focus some of you guys feel.. is just your mind turning into a 5 yr old who as ADD. as far as i'm concerned the "focus" factor is just a perception of increased awareness of the "fight or flight" mechanism, nothing more. ya u feel focused, go study or read something and then try to remember what you studied/read 10 minutes later... bet you won't be able to remember it... that is with an adequate dosage that makes you feel "extremely focused" ...

ya, my weight dropped... but so did my grades, my attitude, my cognition, and my physical activity when the e wore off... i became a true anorexic. prolonged exposure makes u sick of food, and you need food to function. so not only are u cooking your body with the stim, you're also not wanting to refeed it after the e has circulated, and by that time you're lookin for the bottle to pop another to just keep your eyes open or to just get up out of bed to take a piss.

the only thing i did day in and day out was 4 miles in half an hour, on the treadmill everyday. and don't worry YOU may not notice the results, but everyone else will. you will lose weight especially if your cardio is in check. just dont forget to cycle and don't forget to force feed yourself if need be cuz the rebound after a bad e cycle will totally negate all of that prolonged torment you put your body through to begin with.
  16. PT3

Thanks for the advice guys... I'm going to give this a shot and will drink tons of water and supplement w/ tyrosine to combat the receptor issue.
  17. Registered User

ive been taking 25mg ephedrine hcl with hydroxycut hardcore (300mg caffeine) and 81mg asprin 3 times a day every day since mid january...

fat loss has been good but started slowing down lately, guess i'll try a week off
  18. She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
    Board Sponsor

Why don't we all just throw the ephedrine idea out the window and use some clen?

19. Registered User

Why don't we all just throw the ephedrine idea out the window and use some clen?

because it didnt arrive in the mail yet
  20. She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
    Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by dsw222 View Post
    because it didnt arrive in the mail yet
    You're talking about clen right? Good man. Gonna use some taurine with it?
  21. Registered User

Yep, I ordered a couple pounds of taurine from TP... I figure a few grams in the morning and a few grams at night would be sufficient?

I'll kill the ephedra a couple weeks before going on the clen to give the receptors a bit of a break.

I still havent decided on a cycling plan though... theres so many different suggestions out there i dont know what to pick!
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

I can honestly say that my experience is that you can build a dependancy on it. While you can definately recover in a decent time it can have lasting effects on many things like anxiety, depression, palpitations, etc and if you have a stressful life you can boost the negative effects by a good degree.

Basically what I am saying is that you need to know yourself before jumping on a cycle as you are planning. 10 pounds in 8 weeks is easy enough supplement free. 10 pounds in 12 weeks(as your cycle is listed for) is less than a pound a week. Why not ease into the stims a little bit more just to be safer?

Again, just an opinion
  23. She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
    Board Sponsor

Yep, I ordered a couple pounds of taurine from TP... I figure a few grams in the morning and a few grams at night would be sufficient?

I'll kill the ephedra a couple weeks before going on the clen to give the receptors a bit of a break.

I still havent decided on a cycling plan though... theres so many different suggestions out there i dont know what to pick!
    It's been a while, but from what I remember start at 10 or 20 mcg, and go up in increments of 10mcg every 2 days for a month. That's it.

A few grams of taurine should do the trick.
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

First timers or those stacking a decent amount of stims...Those who use it more often i've seen start off at 80 and move to 100, 120 and then back down. Even others who do not taper off at all.
  25. Registered User

so you guys just taper up and run it for a month? what about cycling off to let the receptors recover?

and i read somewhere that if you use it for more than 2 weeks at a time you should run benadryl to clean receptors... i dunno though i dont have any experience with it yet
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

Clen by itself is usually used no longer than 3 weeks on and that includes the taper down if you're going that route.
  27. Registered User

ok thanks for the advice guys
  28. Registered User

ive been taking 25mg ephedrine hcl with hydroxycut hardcore (300mg caffeine) and 81mg asprin 3 times a day every day since mid january...

fat loss has been good but started slowing down lately, guess i'll try a week off
    finally. I was wondering how you were putting down the 900mg of caffeine.

I'm living proof that you can live with less. I was on a homemade ECA stack for 2 years straight, with almost 1000 mg caffeine/day. I finally came clean in January and cut my caffeine in 1/3 and E completely.

Now that I've been off for a while, the effects feel far more dramatic. I know I was hooked, and probably conditioned.

Good luck with the stack. Along with all the additives, what kind of cardio are you doing to cut? ECA's no good without cardio.
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.

I totally love the EC stack, however I do not use it to cut. I usally use it to bulk. I find that my intensity in the gym is insane while on it, so I use this to my advantage while bulking. As well, has anyone noticed that pumps are increased dramatically while on the EC stack!!!? Well I pretty much love it,I run it 6 days on, one off for a period of two weeks. I cycle pretty much continually like this though. I really like how it allows me to bulk clean, and if I do notice unaccaptable fat gain I can just cut calories a bit. I find that with these intervals, the dependancy is basicaly nill. I dont even notice it all, just when I get back on. haha. I am planning on running it like this with Anabolic Pump, that being 2 weeks anabolic pump, then 2 weeks EC. Then repeat. I think it should be really good. As well, I have found that the EC stack works exceptionally well when you take it with Glycerine. It absolutely blows my mind how amazing it feels. haha. It's seriousely so good!

I should add that I do not take it throughout the day like most people. I usually take 32mg's ephedrine about a half hour before I work out with 400mg's caffiene along with my other pre-workout supps.
    Last edited by haroldjg; 03-01-2007 at 03:49 PM. Reason: incomplete
  30. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by KrushR View Post
    :
    Good luck with the stack. Along with all the additives, what kind of cardio are you doing to cut? ECA's no good without cardio.
    my program is bascially:
    wake up
    take first serving of ECA
    30 mins later drink 30g whey protein
    30 mins later hit the weights at the gym for about an hour while sipping ~20g bulk BCAAs
    then cardio on the elliptical or bike for 20 mins
    then follow it with 50g carbs, 30g protein PWO shake
    then eat a regular meal of egg whites/chicken when i get home 20 mins later

i try to do cardio in the evenings around 4-5 times a week... i go for 20 mins (including warmup/cooldown) of HIIT on the bike or elliptical when i can

I havent been hitting the PM cardio as much lately because I've been swamped with work (student at penn state)

thanks for the interest and advice!
  31. Registered User

(student at penn state)
    I'm sorry.

j/k. Good luck with it. If you want to burn that weight, I don't know if 20 minutes of HIIT will do it. What are your timings on it? When I do it on a bike, I get more out of longer sprint/rest sessions. Some people do a minute up, minute down and that's worthless. My sessions are 50 minutes long with eight three-minute sprints with two-minute rest sessions in between, warming up before and cooling down after.

It's just what I've found to work. Diff'rent strokes, ya know?
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

On that dose I could burn that poundage and not do a damn thing but watch TV and eat bons bons...Okay , not the bon bons but really, you don't want to get into the mode of doing too much with too little calories while on those types of stims. You end up losing the type of weight you work hard to put on in the first place.
  33. Registered User

I'm sorry.

j/k. Good luck with it. If you want to burn that weight, I don't know if 20 minutes of HIIT will do it. What are your timings on it? When I do it on a bike, I get more out of longer sprint/rest sessions. Some people do a minute up, minute down and that's worthless. My sessions are 50 minutes long with eight three-minute sprints with two-minute rest sessions in between, warming up before and cooling down after.

It's just what I've found to work. Diff'rent strokes, ya know?
    I'm pretty sure if I did 50 minutes of intervals i would have a heart attack, even without stims lol

I try for 1 minute up, 30-45 second down for about 15 mins worth. Its been working pretty good for me so far... plus i mainly concentrate at keeping my calories down.
  34. Registered User

I've just read that HIIT only works when the stress periods are longer, that's all. Whatever works for you, man. Good luck with it. Isn't it good to be lighter, when that's what you're trying to do?
  35. Registered User

I'm pretty sure if I did 50 minutes of intervals i would have a heart attack, even without stims lol
    I'm down a lot of weight without stims. I'm hitting the stims hard to finish out my last 9 pounds before I do my White Flood log, so we'll see how fast I can get rid of it. I'm thinkin' 2 weeks.
  36. Registered User

I've just read that HIIT only works when the stress periods are longer, that's all. Whatever works for you, man. Good luck with it. Isn't it good to be lighter, when that's what you're trying to do?
    It sure is... back in high school I was over 360 pounds... i was HUGE

right now i'm at 269 but i'm 6'8 so i still look proportional, just not cut. hopefully this cycle will get lookin better for summer

i'm trying to work up my cardio endurance so maybe eventually ill get to those hardcore 50 min intervals youre runnin
  37. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    Clen by itself is usually used no longer than 3 weeks on and that includes the taper down if you're going that route.
    How much should you start with if you have never done before? How long off before can get back on?
  38. Registered User

What is the taurine for?
  39. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by live4fitness View Post
    What is the taurine for?
    prevent cramping i believe
  40. Registered User

Thanks and does anyone know what "tyrosine" is for?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Cleaning your receptors
    By Bone in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-19-2007, 09:05 PM
  2. PH history and your total gains...
    By -2z- in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 07-11-2004, 10:25 PM
  3. Steroids and your gut
    By badbart in forum Anabolics