Sesamin: Gas & Mud Butt?

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
*** I know this is gross, but I would like serious replies***

I've been taking Sesamin (Scivation caps) for close to a month now. I noticed around the time that I started that my bowels have become, um, *muddy*. Also, I've noticed HORRENDOUS gas when taking it. Also, going #2 seems to be harder, kinda like whatever muscles are used to push stuff out aren't working as well.

I stopped taking it for a week and the symptoms completely cleared up. I started back the middle of last week and guess what... more mud butt and gas.

Just to throw this out there - my uncle had his gall bladder removed, which, from my understanding, stores and excretes bile to aid in digestion (primarily fats). I work in the same small office with him and every time he eats fatty food (which is 90% of the time) he gets horrible gas and has complete ass explosion on the toilet (I know because I see the *remnants* in the toilet every day, along w/ his joking description).

I only mention this because I've noticed that his constant gas smells EXACTLY like the gas I get when taking Sesamin. No matter what I eat, the gas smells exactly the same.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had these issues while taking Sesamin or could provide some explanation for these occurrences. I'm going to keep on w/ the Sesamin because it's more of an annoyance than anything.

An explanation or at least some "yeah, that happens to me, too" would be nice!

Thanks for putting up w/ this post and any helpful replies!

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
I have been on sesamin the past year and that has never happened to me. Usually bad gas is related to a large intake of protein, I always have bad gas, mainly cuz I consume about 270g protein/day. Also, the "runs" usually happen when I am taking digestive enzymes - it never fails. I guess see if these two characteristics are in common with you. If not I dunno bro.

Vicarious

Vicarious

Awards
  • Established
good god!! i don't even know what to say...I know THANKS!!

:icon_lol: :toofunny: :toofunny: :icon_lol:

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
Well, my protein intake has been consistently high for years. I just noticed this phenomenon since starting on Sesamin.

The *mud butt* isn't diarrhea (like when I take too much creatine mono... pissing out of my ass), but more just a very soft stool. And I can't seem to push as well. Quasi-constipation?

The gas has a very oily smell and has staying power like no other, almost like it soaks into every possible porous surface and lingers for hours. No joke. It's not like the regular protein gas, which has its own unique aroma. This is different, and much, MUCH harsher on the 'strols. I mean, I leave for work in the morning and come back in the afternoon and my house still smells like a giant fart. I swear this **** is carrying some kind of oil and/or moisture and soaking into stuff, like natural gas.

Anyone know of any mechanisms by which sesamin work to cause this. The gas is almost immediate (within 30-45 min) of taking sesamin, so it seems it has something to do w/ the stuff being in my GI, not liver.

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Well, my protein intake has been consistently high for years. I just noticed this phenomenon since starting on Sesamin.

The *mud butt* isn't diarrhea (like when I take too much creatine mono... pissing out of my ass), but more just a very soft stool. And I can't seem to push as well. Quasi-constipation?

The gas has a very oily smell and has staying power like no other, almost like it soaks into every possible porous surface and lingers for hours. No joke. It's not like the regular protein gas, which has its own unique aroma. This is different, and much, MUCH harsher on the 'strols. I mean, I leave for work in the morning and come back in the afternoon and my house still smells like a giant fart. I swear this **** is carrying some kind of oil and/or moisture and soaking into stuff, like natural gas.

Anyone know of any mechanisms by which sesamin work to cause this. The gas is almost immediate (within 30-45 min) of taking sesamin, so it seems it has something to do w/ the stuff being in my GI, not liver.

OMG that is so funny, but then again its really not. Maybe you got a rotten batch of Sesamin man, what company makes the sesamin that you are using. I dunno this is so weird. Only guess is maybe its bad or something.

Skigazzi

Skigazzi

Awards
  • Established
Perhaps more fiber, or taking 1 psyllium cap with each serving, just to help keep things 'together'?

Psyllium and Gut Health have really helped my digestion be more slow and controlled.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
I know this seems common sense but if taking this product gives you these symptoms, STOP taking the product. Everyone reacts differently to supplements. It sounds like this one isn't for you.

PolishMan

Awards
I know this seems common sense but if taking this product gives you these symptoms, STOP taking the product. Everyone reacts differently to supplements. It sounds like this one isn't for you.
I completely agree.

also, i'd like to add that this is one hell of a thread :head:

BermudaRob

Awards
my very first posting...

... had to be to comment on this sesamin/mud-butt thread

I have no idea what Sesamin is taken for as a supplement (call me a newbie), but based on the side-effects you're putting up with - it must be a MIRACLE DRUG!

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the (mostly) sincere replies.

I'm thinking that I might even be having an allergic reaction to it.

I'm going to keep w/ it for another month and see if my plumbing recovers. If it continues, I'm going to drop it. This means I'll have an unopened, sealed bottle of 90ct. Scivation Sesamin up for grabs. Trade would be nice.

:dance:

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
First, definitely make sure you are getting enough fiber. Second, while Sesamin does help burn fatty acids it also frees them to some extent.

Question: How is your fatloss coming along?

Just a theory of mine, that perhaps so much fat is being freed that it is being excreted...again, just playing with a theory.

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
First, definitely make sure you are getting enough fiber. Second, while Sesamin does help burn fatty acids it also frees them to some extent.

Question: How is your fatloss coming along?

Just a theory of mine, that perhaps so much fat is being freed that it is being excreted...again, just playing with a theory.
Fat loss is nice, but I'm taking Scorch + Yohimbine HCL, as well.

I haven't lost much weight, but rather my body seems to be going through a complete recomp. I've been ~223 for the last 2 weeks w/ the chub dwindling and definition coming out. Sweet.

I'm not on a hardcore cut. I started early (january) so that I could do it gradually. I'm taking in ~2300 cal / day. (40/40/20)

I wondered about the freeing of fat thing. Does it have this effect in the GI? I thought the effects happened primarily in the liver, which would effect fatty acids in the bloodstream. I'm not a biochemist, so I could be WAY off.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I actually had noticed something similar on high dose SesaThin, and I am starting to think there might be several mechanisms involved.

I can definitely put up with the loose bowels for the significant fatloss effects I see with SesaThin. I don't notice any difficulty in "going" though.

mpkonig

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
i get that too sometimes...im taking sesamax and im on CKD and i get what i guess you call "Mud Butt" hehe....not really hard to go....but lets just say i have to wipe alot :)

I was also thinking that the consistency was maybe fat being expelled hence the reason for the more greasy "muddy" poops lol...i said poop.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i get that too sometimes...im taking sesamax and im on CKD and i get what i guess you call "Mud Butt" hehe....not really hard to go....but lets just say i have to wipe alot :)

I was also thinking that the consistency was maybe fat being expelled hence the reason for the more greasy "muddy" poops lol...i said poop.
Exactly. It seems to have quite a...gelatinous consistency.

mpkonig

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Exactly. It seems to have quite a...gelatinous consistency.
and i have gas today that is making my eyes water and making me leave the room.....im not kidding.....it can choke a donkey....it can gag a maggot.....whew....even stink would say "that stinks" :)

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
At least I know I may not be alone in my sorrow. My wife is seriously starting to get pissed at my never-ending gas. I'm seriously droppin' bombs like Hiroshima... fallout and everything.

Maybe I'm confusing constipation w/ the lack of feel I get with more solid stools.

**** it, I'm gonna start double dosing and see where that gets me. Right now, I'm only taking 1 cap 3x per day. Not telling the wife, though. It's our little secret. ;)

Any word on possible allergic reactions? I figured I would have other symptoms. I never feel uncomfortable or have any pain.

BigDog77

Awards
I took Sesaglow for a little over a month and I had the soft serve stools as well. They subsided as soon as I ran out of Sesaglow. I thought perhaps it was fat being liberated too. I went through tons of toilet paper from Sams Club.

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
"Mud Butt"....I have used that a lot since first reading this thread.

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
I took Sesaglow for a little over a month and I had the soft serve stools as well. They subsided as soon as I ran out of Sesaglow. I thought perhaps it was fat being liberated too. I went through tons of toilet paper from Sams Club.
Dood. Toilet paper is so 1990. Wet wipes for the New Millennium!

:dance:

Redeemer

Awards
Dude, I notice this with sesamin or anything containing TTA. All I can offer for advice is to exercise extreme caution when farting; you may get more than you bargained for.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
Dude, I notice this with sesamin or anything containing TTA. All I can offer for advice is to exercise extreme caution when farting; you may get more than you bargained for.
LOL.

SwordBurn

SwordBurn

Awards
  • Established
I am sorry....
I have nothing to contribute to this thread....

I just wanted to say...

THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST THREADS EVARRRRRRR!!111!!!

p.s. I am taking Sesathin with my protien shakes and I seem to be going #2 more often. And yes it has a softer consistancy.

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
i never experienced this with sesamin. i do however get alot of fiber in my system.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just started Man Vaporize. 6 caps a day. It seems that when you take it with just a light meal you get those sort of problems. When taken with a more solid meal, no problems. In other words don't take it with say a salad. Better to take it with say after eating a chicken breast and some cottage cheese.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
"sometimes nature calls, thats fine, i hate it when it shows up uninvited"

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
Be careful when emitting you may Turtle.:toofunny:

NDjets78

Awards
THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST THREADS EVARRRRRRR!!111!!!
Sword i gotta agree with you man, this has to be looked at as a candidate for thread of the year.

On a more serious note, I am gonna be running ALRI's Jungle Warfare/BAM/Restore stack soon. Im lookin to shred about 10-12 lbs of bodyfat before i start the cycle though and was considering adding Sesamin to aid in the fat loss.
I had never heard of the "Mud Butt" side effect in previous reviews. But if its effective and thats the only side effect i have to put up with, then i guess its worth it.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Theme from my tropical vacation last month. lol

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DieselNY Supplements 0
Supplements 17
Anabolics 2
Supplements 14
missrose2u Supplements 17