Fda+wto+codex=no More Supplements!

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
If you have any interest in how the FDA will take away your supplements you may want to watch this video;

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVtqTQEQsA8"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Codex? Wasn't that featured in the Da Vinci Code? Is the Vatican taking my Green Magnitude away from me?

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
These are the sorts of things I try not to think about.

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
Pharmaceutical companies have been behind this all along.

Healthy people are healthy people. Healthy and happy people don’t need prescriptions.

Health- good for people, BAD for rich Pharmaceutical companies.

Seriously, the day anything really basic (vitamins, fish oil, amino's) becomes illegal, is the day I move to England.

PS- I want to pin that Yetley's face agains a burner on my stove. Did they seriously ban L-Tryptophan, an AMINO ACID!? How the FU-CK do you ban something that is found in all meats!?!?

Last edited:
anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
Codex? Wasn't that featured in the Da Vinci Code? Is the Vatican taking my Green Magnitude away from me?
It is basically that to comply with (WTO) World Trade Organization favored trading nation status. The United States will have to comply with the CODEX mandate which was developed by the United Nations in the 1960's. Everything sold that is ment to be eaten is considered a food. All foods must adhere to the mandate of CODEX. A member country who does not comply will be sanctioned and fined.

It will eliminate all small independent supplement sales!

The United States is not an official member of the WTO, but Bill Clinton signed a bill( snuck it in during his impeachment hearings) that implies that the US will act as though we are a WTO member ,until actual treaty membership is ratified by a 2/3rds congressional vote.

So, we still have a chance, because lots of old folks in congress need there supps too!

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I better not have to find a black market source for vitamin E in the future.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Intuitively, the codex would impact numerous other areas of food production and service, thus I don't see it gaining much support from congress.

If the various food industries felt threatened by this possibility, it would likely be squashed. The pharamacuetical companies might have billions, but the food industry is worth trillions.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
If the various food industries felt threatened by this possibility, it would likely be squashed. The pharamacuetical companies might have billions, but the food industry is worth trillions.
I guess we can thank people with junk food addictions because that's a nice contribution they make for us :D

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
Intuitively, the codex would impact numerous other areas of food production and service, thus I don't see it gaining much support from congress.

This is the point where it gets really scary. Now that we have
genetically modified organisms(GMO), which are patented food products. The CODEX can be interpreted as to include only foods that are patented, that would literally mean that it would be illegal to sell any food that was not patented!!!

We would have to either grow our own food
Farming for the Future - Google Video

or buy from the black market. The combination of the CODEX and GMOs could change the world as we now know it....anyone remember "Soylent Green"???

Last edited: