What do u recommend?

Jon629

Jon629

Awards
Hey guys I'm in the middle of my bulk and its going pretty well. I'm 6 ft and when i started my bulk i was around 175 and as of yesterday i was 195. Of course i added some fat but i also gained some good size as well. My question to you guys is what can I take? I have seemingly hit a snag and I'm not gaining anymore. I was thinking of taking some size on to possibly push me over the 200 mark. The toerh route i was thinking was Anabolic Pump so i could lose the fat on my waist and possibly still gain some muscle. The thing is I still want more size so I'm unsure which route to take. Any insight is greatly appreciated.

doodle

doodle

Awards
AP would be a nice addition and maybe some powerfull if it was me. good luck bro

mbunnell

mbunnell

Awards
Size on is a very good product. Try using novadex xt and superpump 250 with it also. You should be over the 200 mark by the end of the stack.

Jon629

Jon629

Awards
hey guys thanks for the responses but to answer your quesions I'm not on anything. The only thing I take is Optimum Nutriton's 100% whey (the dog bag lol) i kno thats nothing special but it seems to do the trick for less money.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
That is good stuff...it's the why i use and i'm just about to order a new bag...

But that is a good bulk only using whey, you're diet and training must be pretty decent. Good job bro.

I think adding a creatine would be your best bet. I personally use bulk CEE, but there are a ton of choices out there.

Jon629

Jon629

Awards
Thanks or the compliments PumpingIron. I'm def thinking fo taking the creatine to for a strong last push. I'll probably take it in a few weeks and see if i get break 200 without it.Then I'll take AP because from what i heard that stuff shreds u up and still adds mass!!

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You could go with NHA (Activate and RXT or RR) or Powerfull and AP. Either one will help to gain muscle and to lose a little fat along the way.

Another thing, when was the last time you took a week off from lifting? Your body may just need a break from training for a little bit.

Jon629

Jon629

Awards
Rodja,
The last time I took time off was the first week in december. I hurt my shoulder benching and stayed out for about a week and a half. I've been doing a routine where i switch the rep range every two weeks. I don't really go heavy just go hard while keping good form and control. What do u think? Should I switch the routine or just take some time off?

lethaltricks

Awards
Yeah the creatine will definately help with your training, also have you been switching up your routine (body parts) every few weeks to shock your muscles?

Last edited:
Jon629

Jon629

Awards
No I've just been switching the amount of reps. Do you think that I should start switching what do I do a certain bodypart.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rodja,
The last time I took time off was the first week in december. I hurt my shoulder benching and stayed out for about a week and a half. I've been doing a routine where i switch the rep range every two weeks. I don't really go heavy just go hard while keping good form and control. What do u think? Should I switch the routine or just take some time off?
I usually take a week off from lifting every 10-12 weeks, but some will disagree with this.

lethaltricks

Awards
Yes, what does your current training schedule look like?

Jon629

Jon629

Awards
Currently Im working out 4 days a week bc of my college and work schedule. Tuesday I will do chest in the morning and back in the afternoon. Wednesday I do shoulders and on Thursday I do legs in the morning and biceps and triceps in the afternoon. Then I go in saturday to do a low volume shoulder and upper chest workout (just trying something different bc they are my trouble spots for growth).

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
I usually take a week off from lifting every 10-12 weeks, but some will disagree with this.

Great advice here. I have found over the years that I notice the biggest difference when I let my muscles take a break and fully recooperate. It is very healthy to take a week break every 10-15 weeks, it can only help you.

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
yep me too every 8-10 weeks I chill for one week. great for the mind and body

if your bulking why not try NEOVAA An's Creatine product

Jon629

Jon629

Awards
Thanks for the advice everyone. I think I'm going to take this week off, switch my routine and hoepfully pick up some creatine to continue the bulk.