AP compared to......

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.17%

AP compared to......

never tried metaformin tabs but seems to work very similar AP. has anyone tried both of these. if so which one worked better? i was planing a metaformin/gh combo in pct and am thinking maybe i should change it to gh/AP. the more i've been reading on this supplement i think i'm going to have to try it. i have a couple guys at my gym that i help with diet and supp routines and will be ordering cissus/AP stacks for them to try. i guess i will see the real verdict soon enough.

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.21%

With the Metformin(Glucophage , Glucophage XR, Glumetza)
    it sounds similiar, but is more for people with type 2 diabetes. And it seems that there are side effects with it's usages as well.
    I feel that you would see better results with the AP instead of the metformin.(Unless of course you has diabetes and need the metformin)
    AP would be my choice for you to stack with the GH.
  3. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.59%
    Achievements Posting Pro

i've used metformin...i personally didnt dig on it. it's a glucose disposal agent, not so much a insulin mimetic. it's good for diabetics because it gets rid of the BG, not because it helps you utilize it better. it certainly helped me get into ketosis faster, back when i used to run w/o carbs for stretches.

also, glucophage is known to reduce natural androgen levels.

not a whole lot is know about the active in AP. it's a bit of a risk, but the reviews seem to be good. i am on it now, and it might be making a difference, but i'm on so many other things it's hard to say. i can say for sure that it's NOT insulin. not even close, IMO.
    •   

4. Guest

Quote Originally Posted by same_old View Post
    i've used metformin...i personally didnt dig on it. it's a glucose disposal agent, not so much a insulin mimetic. it's good for diabetics because it gets rid of the BG, not because it helps you utilize it better. it certainly helped me get into ketosis faster, back when i used to run w/o carbs for stretches.

also, glucophage is known to reduce natural androgen levels.

not a whole lot is know about the active in AP. it's a bit of a risk, but the reviews seem to be good. i am on it now, and it might be making a difference, but i'm on so many other things it's hard to say. i can say for sure that it's NOT insulin. not even close, IMO.

Metformin needs insulin to work and AP does not.
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.32%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by USPLabs View Post
    Metformin needs insulin to work and AP does not.
    Took the words out of my mouth....it really is apples to oranges...I personally wouldn't run metaformin while not on cycle because studies say it lowers test levels. I know it's cheap, but the sides can be somewhat harsh compared to the benefits IMO.

Never tried AP (too poor), but it has some decent reviews around the boards...
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  270 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.22%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Bout to start running GH myself and wondering this same thing. Have a script for Glucophage @ 500mg per tab, tried AP, and just got some P SLIN from USP Labs...liked the AP, but effects did seem to dwindle after a while. Love to hear some opinions on this one....
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.22%

I've tried AP, didn't do nothin/much.

I've got some metaformin 850mg tabs, tried them a few times off cycle/on. Didn't notice much off cycle, didn't feel real well on cycle, Ergo Max/Havoc, so stopped after a few days, BP was high, not necessarily cause of metaformin.

Yeah I think ya need to look for some bad sides comin from them maybe, so be careful.

Don't know much about insulin, I suppose best use would be on cycle for additional protein synthesis.

Would like to see more info on this too from experts....if metaformin is of any benefit/use.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Difference between R ALA and ALA? And compared to AP
    By warbird01 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-09-2008, 11:20 PM
  2. M5AA results comparable to 5AA cyp?
    By oldfart in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-25-2004, 08:41 PM
  3. Is M4OHN really comparable to anavar?
    By Pec in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-27-2004, 10:41 PM
  4. D-bol compared to M1T?
    By Warhead_321 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-12-2004, 10:06 PM
  5. how do PH compare to AS?
    By alittlewhiteboy in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-08-2003, 05:21 PM