AP compared to......

ripped22

ripped22

Awards
  • Established
never tried metaformin tabs but seems to work very similar AP. has anyone tried both of these. if so which one worked better? i was planing a metaformin/gh combo in pct and am thinking maybe i should change it to gh/AP. the more i've been reading on this supplement i think i'm going to have to try it. i have a couple guys at my gym that i help with diet and supp routines and will be ordering cissus/AP stacks for them to try. i guess i will see the real verdict soon enough.

nvr2loud

nvr2loud

Awards
  • Established
With the Metformin(Glucophage , Glucophage XR, Glumetza)
it sounds similiar, but is more for people with type 2 diabetes. And it seems that there are side effects with it's usages as well.
I feel that you would see better results with the AP instead of the metformin.(Unless of course you has diabetes and need the metformin)
AP would be my choice for you to stack with the GH.

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i've used metformin...i personally didnt dig on it. it's a glucose disposal agent, not so much a insulin mimetic. it's good for diabetics because it gets rid of the BG, not because it helps you utilize it better. it certainly helped me get into ketosis faster, back when i used to run w/o carbs for stretches.

also, glucophage is known to reduce natural androgen levels.

not a whole lot is know about the active in AP. it's a bit of a risk, but the reviews seem to be good. i am on it now, and it might be making a difference, but i'm on so many other things it's hard to say. i can say for sure that it's NOT insulin. not even close, IMO.

i've used metformin...i personally didnt dig on it. it's a glucose disposal agent, not so much a insulin mimetic. it's good for diabetics because it gets rid of the BG, not because it helps you utilize it better. it certainly helped me get into ketosis faster, back when i used to run w/o carbs for stretches.

also, glucophage is known to reduce natural androgen levels.

not a whole lot is know about the active in AP. it's a bit of a risk, but the reviews seem to be good. i am on it now, and it might be making a difference, but i'm on so many other things it's hard to say. i can say for sure that it's NOT insulin. not even close, IMO.

Metformin needs insulin to work and AP does not.

rampage jackson

rampage jackson

Awards
  • Established
Metformin needs insulin to work and AP does not.
Took the words out of my mouth....it really is apples to oranges...I personally wouldn't run metaformin while not on cycle because studies say it lowers test levels. I know it's cheap, but the sides can be somewhat harsh compared to the benefits IMO.

Never tried AP (too poor), but it has some decent reviews around the boards...

Max32

Max32

Awards
  • Established
Bout to start running GH myself and wondering this same thing. Have a script for Glucophage @ 500mg per tab, tried AP, and just got some P SLIN from USP Labs...liked the AP, but effects did seem to dwindle after a while. Love to hear some opinions on this one....

Synicus

Awards
I've tried AP, didn't do nothin/much.

I've got some metaformin 850mg tabs, tried them a few times off cycle/on. Didn't notice much off cycle, didn't feel real well on cycle, Ergo Max/Havoc, so stopped after a few days, BP was high, not necessarily cause of metaformin.

Yeah I think ya need to look for some bad sides comin from them maybe, so be careful.

Don't know much about insulin, I suppose best use would be on cycle for additional protein synthesis.

Would like to see more info on this too from experts....if metaformin is of any benefit/use.