Best BCAA - AnabolicMinds.com

Poll: What is the best BCAA product?

Best BCAA

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
  1. New Member
    SlickG3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    132
    Rep Power
    187

    Reputation

    Post Best BCAA


    What is the best BCAA product and why?

  2. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    43
    Posts
    21,377
    Rep Power
    770830

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Bulk BCAAs, added to either Xtend, ICE, or Excell
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  3. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    CROWLER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    6,545
    Rep Power
    4829

    Reputation

    I am not sure if the Xcell up there is the same just spelled incorrectly or not.

    I f you want samples of Excell you can get them here:

    Whey Protein Isolate Concentrate, Cycle Support, diet, supplements - Trial Samples

    CROWLER
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    moflika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    29
    Posts
    78
    Rep Power
    150

    Reputation

    I'm going to have to go with Xtend, since that's what I use but they're all pretty much the same.
  5. NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
    workin2005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,556
    Rep Power
    1425

    Reputation

    Excell...hands down.

    Workin
  6. Recovering AXoholic
    thesinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    10,063
    Rep Power
    11890

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    Bulk BCAAs, added to either Xtend, ICE, or Excell
    I have to say, the bulk BCAA's from NP are excellent. I've ordered from other sites and got poor mixability. NP's are very fine, and mix terrifically.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line
  7. New Member
    m4gnum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    185
    Rep Power
    186

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by CROWLER View Post
    I am not sure if the Xcell up there is the same just spelled incorrectly or not.

    I f you want samples of Excell you can get them here:

    Whey Protein Isolate Concentrate, Cycle Support, diet, supplements - Trial Samples

    CROWLER
    Hey Crowler, how do I order an Excell sample as opposed to a whey protein one? The site just says "sample".
  8. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    CROWLER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    6,545
    Rep Power
    4829

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by m4gnum View Post
    Hey Crowler, how do I order an Excell sample as opposed to a whey protein one? The site just says "sample".
    Hey M4gnum,

    Thank you for your questions.

    In the comments section just indicate that you want the Excell and what flavor.


    CROWLER
  9. LTX
    New Member
    LTX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    100

    Reputation

    Since Excell and Xtend are the same thing and I can get Excell cheaper and I like my rasberry flavor quite a lot, I'm gonna have to go with Excell.
  10. Banned
    myname's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Bulk L-Leucine w/out the designer bullsh*t to go along with it.
  11. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,051
    Rep Power
    919686

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by myname View Post
    Bulk L-Leucine w/out the designer bullsh*t to go along with it.
    What is exactly is BS about Excell or Xtend? They're both BCAAs, Glutamine, Citrulline, and B-6. Nothing really fancy: just simple and effective.
  12. Banned
    myname's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    What is exactly is BS about Excell or Xtend? They're both BCAAs, Glutamine, Citrulline, and B-6. Nothing really fancy: just simple and effective.
    No BS, just too expensive. If your eating right, then bulk leucine is all you need and is king for protein synthesis. CM is cool too, a lot more functional than arginine IMO. Glutamine is super meh...and I personally don't think a person will see any difference from taking it or not.
  13. Recovering AXoholic
    thesinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    10,063
    Rep Power
    11890

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by myname View Post
    No BS, just too expensive. If your eating right, then bulk leucine is all you need and is king for protein synthesis. CM is cool too, a lot more functional than arginine IMO. Glutamine is super meh...and I personally don't think a person will see any difference from taking it or not.
    NOt really a fan of CM. Glutamine is arguably worthless. But although Leucine is the most important of the 3, I've read that Isoleucine and valine are important in preventing an imbalance.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line
  14. Diamond Member
    John Smeton's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    10,014
    Rep Power
    33557

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by myname View Post
    No BS, just too expensive. If your eating right, then bulk leucine is all you need and is king for protein synthesis. CM is cool too, a lot more functional than arginine IMO. Glutamine is super meh...and I personally don't think a person will see any difference from taking it or not.
    I agree. Bulk Leucine does the job . The most important BCaa.
    Research shows it. Pubmed dot com
  15. Banned
    myname's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by thesinner View Post
    NOt really a fan of CM. Glutamine is arguably worthless. But although Leucine is the most important of the 3, I've read that Isoleucine and valine are important in preventing an imbalance.
    The only way to create an imbalance is if you are in a fasted state and only supplementing w/ free form leucine as your predominate amino source. Other than that if your eating a normal diet high in animal protein then you are in no state to create an imbalance with l-leucine supplementation. Many great minds have already beat the imbalance issue to death and l-leucine is king hands down.
  16. Recovering AXoholic
    thesinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    10,063
    Rep Power
    11890

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by myname View Post
    The only way to create an imbalance is if you are in a fasted state and only supplementing w/ free form leucine as your predominate amino source. Other than that if your eating a normal diet high in animal protein then you are in no state to create an imbalance with l-leucine supplementation. Many great minds have already beat the imbalance issue to death and l-leucine is king hands down.
    good info. Maybe I'll start paying half as much for my aminos now.
    Athletic Xtreme Rep
    Bob@athleticxtreme.com
    IFFI
    Ask me about the Athletic Xtreme Product Line
  17. New Member
    Quinc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    378
    Rep Power
    427

    Reputation

    bump for the bulk bcaas. xtend grape taste pretty good though. but for the $$ bulk is the only way to go.
  18. New Member
    ultraman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    256
    Rep Power
    227

    Reputation

    some bulk bcaa added to AI's Excell
    btw, i think Universal's Animal Nitro is not just a BCAA, it's an EAA product
  19. NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
    workin2005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,556
    Rep Power
    1425

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by ultraman View Post
    some bulk bcaa added to AI's Excell
    btw, i think Universal's Animal Nitro is not just a BCAA, it's an EAA product
    I think many may be confused and think Excell is simply BCAA's and flavoring. Remember it also contains CM, Glutamine and B-6...all of which are very synergistic. I like the idea of adding Bulk BCAA's to Excell though...

    Workin
  20. Banned
    BeachPimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Age
    32
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by workin2005 View Post
    I think many may be confused and think Excell is simply BCAA's and flavoring. Remember it also contains CM, Glutamine and B-6...all of which are very synergistic. I like the idea of adding Bulk BCAA's to Excell though...

    Workin
    Glutamine is useless and I can get plenty of B-6 from my diet.
    I do like CM for my cardio.

    But I'd have to say Leucine for the win. (PUBMED)
  21. PROnom 23.... NOM NOM NOM
    CONTROLLED LABS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,879
    Rep Power
    9325

    Reputation

    check out Purple Wraath. Its an EAA (so it includes BCAA as well). you can get a free sample. see the thread int his section or in our company section
  22. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    43
    Posts
    21,377
    Rep Power
    770830

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by CONTROLLED LABS View Post
    check out Purple Wraath. Its an EAA (so it includes BCAA as well). you can get a free sample. see the thread int his section or in our company section
    Subtle. Real subtle.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  23. PROnom 23.... NOM NOM NOM
    CONTROLLED LABS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,879
    Rep Power
    9325

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    Subtle. Real subtle.
    haha, we don't do anything subtly.

    how are you doing man?

    I need to PM you something.
  24. New Member
    ultraman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    256
    Rep Power
    227

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by workin2005 View Post
    I think many may be confused and think Excell is simply BCAA's and flavoring. Remember it also contains CM, Glutamine and B-6...all of which are very synergistic. I like the idea of adding Bulk BCAA's to Excell though...

    Workin
    yea ur right, thanks
  25. Advanced Member
    nightfly71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    43
    Posts
    815
    Rep Power
    520

    Reputation

    I recently bought BCAA from BN and had heard about BCAA's mixing so poorly. This didn't have that issue. I mixed it in a shaker bottle w/ waxy maize and V-12 Turbo and everything mixed fine.
  26. Board Sponsor
    Clickster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,509
    Rep Power
    211240

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Axis Labs BCAA Ethyl Ester with ICE.

    That's how I roll it and LOVE it.

    I also LOVED Controlled Labs Purple WRAATH, very solid product.
    I'm Back...
  27. New Member
    PumpYouUp's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    415
    Rep Power
    312

    Reputation

    I love to Xtend my **** into my woman! Im thinking of going the bulk BCAA's next time b/c it will last for a few months! Got to love NutraPlanet so we can remain cheap bastards!
  28. PROnom 23.... NOM NOM NOM
    CONTROLLED LABS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,879
    Rep Power
    9325

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Clickster View Post
    I also LOVED Controlled Labs Purple WRAATH, very solid product.
    yes, purple wraath is awesome and the updated ver 3 grape flavor has started shipping as of last week.
  29. Lift Heavy
    bLacKjAck.'s Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  241 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    3,949
    Rep Power
    2082

    Reputation

    Axis Labs - BCAA Ethyl Ester.

    Mainly bc I don't have to mix up another drink. Also use Xtend sometimes too.
  30. NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
    workin2005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,556
    Rep Power
    1425

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bLacKjAck. View Post
    Axis Labs - BCAA Ethyl Ester.

    Mainly bc I don't have to mix up another drink. Also use Xtend sometimes too.
    I mix Poseidon with Excell and a few other goodies...EXCELLENT workouts!

    Axis Labs and Controlled Labs both seem to have some interesting products I'm going to have to try mixed with my Pre workout Poseidon/Excell concoction.

    Workin
  31. Lift Heavy
    bLacKjAck.'s Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  241 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    3,949
    Rep Power
    2082

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by workin2005 View Post
    I mix Poseidon with Excell and a few other goodies...EXCELLENT workouts!

    Axis Labs and Controlled Labs both seem to have some interesting products I'm going to have to try mixed with my Pre workout Poseidon/Excell concoction.

    Workin
    Thats what I'm talkin about!
  32. constant recomp
    Skircus7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,092
    Rep Power
    649

    Reputation

    I love to mix lemonade Xtend with watermelon Xtend.....it is VERY tasty, and is not as tart as lemonade alone.
  33. New Member
    Mar430's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    184
    Rep Power
    181

    Reputation

    Yo, do you think that the multi-vitamin Animal Pak contains enuf amino acids where a person really would have to get a bcaa on the side?? (just tryin to save money where possible, but also willin to spend to keep the body healthy, ya know)
  34. New Member
    lazerss9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    80
    Rep Power
    130

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Mar430 View Post
    Yo, do you think that the multi-vitamin Animal Pak contains enuf amino acids where a person really would have to get a bcaa on the side?? (just tryin to save money where possible, but also willin to spend to keep the body healthy, ya know)
    considering most people talk about taking at least 5g/day min, id say u need to get another supp. animal pak only has .1g leucine and .76g valine, but no isoleucine.
  35. Elite Member
    ReaperX's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    7
    Posts
    6,487
    Rep Power
    33341

    Reputation

    I feel that it is difficult to say 'which is the best' ? I think the poll should say 'What is the most popular and what is the most used BCAAs' ?
  36. Senior Member
    TheNinja's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,028
    Rep Power
    603

    Reputation

    I currently have bulk BCAAs, but they are pretty nasty tasting so I have to mix with crystal light or tang. I will be purchasing Xtend or Wraath though and adding my bulk BCAAs into it though. Why spending money on a bunck of aspartame or splenda with crystal light when I can buy xtend/wraath for similar price?
  37. Elite Member
    ReaperX's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    7
    Posts
    6,487
    Rep Power
    33341

    Reputation

    Buy bulk n' cap it.
  38. Senior Member
    TheNinja's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,028
    Rep Power
    603

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by ReaperX View Post
    Buy bulk n' cap it.
    I thought about that. But then I got wondering how many caps it would take to get like 10grams of BCAA into it? That stuff is so fine, powdery, and light that you'd probably have to swallow 15 of those babies. I could be totally wrong though, maybe somebody with actual experience can correct me.
  39. Elite Member
    ReaperX's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    7
    Posts
    6,487
    Rep Power
    33341

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNinja View Post
    I thought about that. But then I got wondering how many caps it would take to get like 10grams of BCAA into it? That stuff is so fine, powdery, and light that you'd probably have to swallow 15 of those babies. I could be totally wrong though, maybe somebody with actual experience can correct me.
    They have some capping sets and just buy the biggest caps they have. You put the caps in a slot then run something across the powder till all the caps are full. Then just put on the tops.

    I'm anything I take I always always always opt for pills/caps before mixing powder. Its just more convient for me that way.
  40. Elite Member
    ReaperX's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    7
    Posts
    6,487
    Rep Power
    33341

    Reputation

    Different caps have different amounts of powder so, yeah you might wind up taking quite a few of them. I actually cap my metamucil b/c I hate mixing it up in water or drink..(damn stuff dosen't even dissolve anyway and just sinks to the bottom...lol)
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Best BCAA flavor for ICE
    By RonShipman in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-03-2010, 08:00 PM
  2. The Best BCAA.....?
    By MAxximal in forum Supplements
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-15-2009, 01:21 PM
  3. Best BCAA mix...?
    By rabican in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-08-2008, 03:05 PM
  4. best bcaa supp?
    By tim1985 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-12-2008, 11:13 PM
  5. What's the best bcaa/eaa poweder
    By FitModel in forum Supplements
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-11-2007, 08:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in