Melting Point/Basic Cuts stack

  1. Melting Point/Basic Cuts stack


    I would like to start this stack on Friday. It would be a 3-week stack due to Spring Break starting March 3. I would like to cut up some of the fat I gained from my previous cycle.

    Post Cycle Therapy is ending this Saturday, so I figured it wouldn't hurt if I started cutting one day earlier. My diet and training protocol is in order (lift 4-5 days/week with cardio about 4-5 times/week).

    My stats are as follows: 5'10", 190 pounds, about 15% body fat. I know it's not possible to get down to 10% BF in these three weeks, but a loss of 2-3% would be great.

    Being a college student, I drink heavy once a week, occasionally twice a week. I need to know if drinking will alter the effects of these two supplements or have any adverse effects on my body.

    What should the dosing scheme look like for both? The bottles say 6 capsules per day for MP and 4 capsules per day for BC. Do you think I should decrease the dosage, or keep it at that, or possibly increase it?

    Thanks.


  2. Wait, just because your a college student means you have to drink heavily on a consistent basis, damn, I knew I was doing something wrong. But on a slightly more serious note. You are definately rationalizing your drinking. In order to lose the fat you want, don't drink, don't eat crap and lift a bunch of heavy stuff. The supps are fine, but only if your diet is in check. Just remember alcohol has 7.5 calories per gram. That shoudn't even be your main concern. You should be concerned with your overall health and any consistent heavy drinking is not good.

  3. i like to drink like the next guy but if a person truly wants results, he has to cut out the drinking or keep it to a minium
    •   
       


  4. Be careful mixing large amounts of alcohol with Melting Point. That supplement may possibly leave you very prone to cramping, and with the dehydration inherent to alcohol you may very well be asking for a world class cramping session.

    You mention you're in post cycle therapy, and yet you drink once or twice a week? You should be asking yourself what your priorities are, there are few better ways to throw away your gains than partying in post cycle therapy, not to mention the adverse effects it will have on your health.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by max silver View Post
    Be careful mixing large amounts of alcohol with Melting Point. That supplement may possibly leave you very prone to cramping, and with the dehydration inherent to alcohol you may very well be asking for a world class cramping session.

    You mention you're in post cycle therapy, and yet you drink once or twice a week? You should be asking yourself what your priorities are, there are few better ways to throw away your gains than partying in post cycle therapy, not to mention the adverse effects it will have on your health.
    Only drank once during PCT, and that was three weeks into it, so I don't think it's a big deal. Plus, the supplements used before my PCT aren't harsh substances like SD or PP.

    You guys don't have to lecture me. I've heard it a thousand times. I know alcohol is bad, but my life doesn't revolve around weight lifting, but it is very important to me. I'm just like the next guy, want to unwind and have fun on weekends, and alcohol makes things more fun.

    When I'm out of college, drinking is going to decrease substantially, but I'll still occasionally get drunk.

    As for losing my gains, I haven't. I may have lost a couple pounds of muscle, but my strength gains are basically the same as they were "on".

    So should I stick to the dosing scheme on the bottles?

    Remember this quote: "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy."

  6. For me TTA is very catabolic and just won't "cut" it. I can't imagine how much muscle it would eat right after a cycle when your body is still adjusting to the mass. Just stick with a diet and stims only for energy when you need it. Trust me on this. You aren't going to like what melting point does to your strength. For me, I lost as much muscle as fat and ended up losing a few months of hard training. This would probably devestate you post cycle since your new found strength will leave just as fast as it came.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Beebs View Post
    For me TTA is very catabolic and just won't "cut" it. I can't imagine how much muscle it would eat right after a cycle when your body is still adjusting to the mass. Just stick with a diet and stims only for energy when you need it. Trust me on this. You aren't going to like what melting point does to your strength. For me, I lost as much muscle as fat and ended up losing a few months of hard training. This would probably devestate you post cycle since your new found strength will leave just as fast as it came.
    An intriguing post. I am a natural athlete so I don't have post-cycle problems. But, I have taken a few Designer Supplements products for contest cutting. Your comment on the loss of muscle with Melting Point is disturbing. Do you have any comments on the entire line of Designer Supplements cutting products?

    Melting Point
    Glucophase XA
    Lean Xtreme
    Basic Cuts


    And I would be interested in you take on:

    ActiveTe
    Rebound XT (banned in tested federations)
    Rebound Reloaded
    XCeed



    Thanks.

  8. In my experiences with MP and BC 3 weeks just isnt enough time. People seem to retain water the first couple weeks, and then around week 3 start to see some good results. Weeks 5 and 6 have been the two weeks where this stack comes into play the most for me.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Old Navy View Post
    An intriguing post. I am a natural athlete so I don't have post-cycle problems. But, I have taken a few Designer Supplements products for contest cutting. Your comment on the loss of muscle with Melting Point is disturbing. Do you have any comments on the entire line of Designer Supplements cutting products?

    Melting Point
    Glucophase XA
    Lean Xtreme
    Basic Cuts


    And I would be interested in you take on:

    ActiveTe
    Rebound XT (banned in tested federations)
    Rebound Reloaded
    XCeed



    Thanks.
    Actually, I have only tried MP of all of those. I was taking 4 pills a day until the bottle ran out. I literaly watched my strength disappear and went from being able to bench 195 for sets of 8 to 185 for sets of 8 and then by the end 185 for sets of 5. It actually had a lingering effect that lasted for 2 weeks or so after discontinuation. From now on, I will stick to no frills recomping composed of maintanence calories and added cardio.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Beebs View Post
    Actually, I have only tried MP of all of those. I was taking 4 pills a day until the bottle ran out. I literaly watched my strength disappear and went from being able to bench 195 for sets of 8 to 185 for sets of 8 and then by the end 185 for sets of 5. It actually had a lingering effect that lasted for 2 weeks or so after discontinuation. From now on, I will stick to no frills recomping composed of maintanence calories and added cardio.

    Thank you.

  11. Decided not to use MP, and only going to use two pills of Basic Cuts before working out for energy.

  12. What is the purpose of the Cayenne Pepper in Basic Cuts? That **** was irritating me before I started to workout.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Melting Point/Basic Cuts
    By AM07 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-05-2007, 08:17 AM
  2. cAMPH, powerFULL, melting point, basic cuts
    By apron in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-03-2006, 11:36 PM
  3. Melting Point/Basic Cuts/Sesamin Stack with Log
    By Spectre32 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 08-05-2006, 12:02 AM
  4. Melting Point+Basic Cuts (Quest for Abs)
    By want_some_mass in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 07-16-2006, 09:17 PM
  5. Melting point/basic cuts
    By wideguy in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-05-2006, 11:06 AM
Log in
Log in