supplement help - AnabolicMinds.com

supplement help

1. New Member

supplement help

I need some help with finding out what sups i should take to help increase muscle mass. I am 6'2" with long arms and legs, i weigh about 200 lbs and i have a hard time gaining mass. I am currently taking creatine with glutamine, and AAKG in it and it only seems to help my muscle recovery time, i also drink a protein shake after workouts. I have been thinking about taking HMB, and BCAA's but i am unsure. I don't want to take any thing that will mess with my testosterone or other hormone levels. Any help?

2. Elite Member

I'd focus on your diet rather than supps. Go to fitday.com and track what you're eating then adjust accordinly to meet your goals.
  3. Registered User

Reputation Reputation

BCAA's are a good choice. Something like ICE by Xtreme Formulations. HMB is not worth it IMO. So eat, eat, eat, and train hard. You'll see results. I am a hard gainer too, and once my diet was top notch, I saw good results. Once everything is in check, then you can move on for the extra edge.
    •   

4. NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder

Quote Originally Posted by bds6867 View Post
    I need some help with finding out what sups i should take to help increase muscle mass. I am 6'2" with long arms and legs, i weigh about 200 lbs and i have a hard time gaining mass. I am currently taking creatine with glutamine, and AAKG in it and it only seems to help my muscle recovery time, i also drink a protein shake after workouts. I have been thinking about taking HMB, and BCAA's but i am unsure. I don't want to take any thing that will mess with my testosterone or other hormone levels. Any help?
    What does your diet and training program look like?

Workin
  5. Advanced Member

You can spend $200 a month on supplements but if your diet, training, water intake, and sleep arent in order - it wont matter. You're just pissing money away (literally) if everything else isn't perfect.

Solid Diet (hardest part and 70% of bodybuilding)
    Multi-Vit., bump C to 2-3g/day, D3 to 1000 iu
    Fish Oil (4-6g/day)
    Creatine (Green Mag or Clout)

Post Workout:
    WPI
    L-Leucine
    Carbs

There are a lot of other neat things but they are nothing on their own. Get this foundation going for a while and then try out some of the new/exciting supplements out there. Some of the non-hormonal hypertrophics can be pretty fun but they are useless if you're not on track. You'll come to realize most of this stuff is for entertainment value more so than actual permanent physical benefit. Hey, its the hobby we love. It's worth it to me...

oh btw, AAKG and the whole "NO" craze is total horse ****. They are popular and people buy them so more companies keep marketing them. Anyone who knows anything knows they are laughable. Glutamine is also useless. All the studies are based on IV use. You don't absorb enough via Oral to make it worth it at all. I would also take the term "hard gainer" out of your vocab. That is mostly BS too. You are just fortunate enough (at this point in your life) to not get fat as easily as some. There are 2 main components affecting muscle gains: hormones and calories. Your hormones are in check, now just get your diet in check too. I hate to say it, but you don't "need" protein shakes to get big either. If your diet is in check you will be getting plenty of protein. Arnold didnt drink 6 ultra premium WPI shakes a day. He ate a decent amount of protein, had good genetics, and took his primo and dbol. None of these things were available to BB's in the 70's. Those guys didnt even break 100g of protein a day! They knew protein was important but it wasnt marketed like it is today. In reality, its more important to eat a little protein more frequently than to consume a magical number per day.

Focus on slow, lean, quality muscle gains. At the end of the day thats all that matters anyway. Dont bulk your ass off and get all fat. Sloppy size is worthless size. It looks like ****. Someone who is 215 @ 18% BF looks like garbage compared to someone who is 190 @ 10%. Dont be one of those big bloated clowns who thinks they are huge. Anyone can overeat! You CAN gain muscle as easily as anyone else if your diet is setup right.
    That which does not kill us makes us stronger - Friedrich Nietzsche
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  270 lbs.

yeahright is correct! supps are great once your diet and training are intact. it took me ten yrs before i realized this. there are alot of good supps out there but they will have little to no effect if your training and diet are not intact. And im learning with alot of things, timing is everything. Listen, read and study because there is alot to it.
  7. New Member

breakfast i do a banana and organic oat meal with a scoop of protein. I eat about 2 cups of granola throughout the day in between my meals. lunch I usually do 4 eggs on whole grain eng muffins and a cup of strawberries and blueberries. dinner I do something with boneless skinless chicken.

i lift tue, thurs, sunday

half mile jog warm up
    inclined free press 3x8
    lat pull down 3x8
    bicep curls 2x10
    tricep push 3x10
    seated row 3x6
    pull ups max out
    pushups max out
    situps max out
    half mile finish

protein shake after work out
  8. Anabolic Innovations Owner

That sounds like so very few calories. How many calories is that and how many gram of protein, carbs and fats?

CROWLER
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  270 lbs.

crowler is correct. u might be eating very healthy foods but your body needs a certain amount of stuff and u might not be getting enough calories and or protein and so forth
  10. NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder

Quote Originally Posted by bds6867 View Post
    breakfast i do a banana and organic oat meal with a scoop of protein. I eat about 2 cups of granola throughout the day in between my meals. lunch I usually do 4 eggs on whole grain eng muffins and a cup of strawberries and blueberries. dinner I do something with boneless skinless chicken.

i lift tue, thurs, sunday

half mile jog warm up
    inclined free press 3x8
    lat pull down 3x8
    bicep curls 2x10
    tricep push 3x10
    seated row 3x6
    pull ups max out
    pushups max out
    situps max out
    half mile finish

protein shake after work out
    This looks like a great workout for someone just starting off or someone just wanting to stay in shape, but not concerned with actually adding much muscle mass. It seems to me your ready to go to the next level.

IMO, you need at least 2 more high protein meals (shakes or whole food). You also would benefit from adding some healthy fat to your diet...Almonds, flax oil, natural Peanut butter, etc...

As far as your weight training, I would recommend you split your routine up more so you aren't trying to work your entire body at each session. This will give you more time to truly exhaust and focus on each particular body part...bringing up the lagging areas you spoke of.

I would be happy to email you a basic, "cookie cutter" diet and exercise program to help get you started if you would like.

Good luck ;-)

Workin
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. supplement help please
    By quigley in forum Supplements
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-31-2006, 05:23 AM
  2. Age Okay to Start supplements!!! Help
    By surfnskate98 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10-05-2006, 01:14 PM