Anabolic Pump + Beer...ok?

JJC

Awards
  • Established
This is a somewhat serious question that maybe one of the USPLabs reps can answer or maybe some who has experienced this.

I am not suggesting this nor am I planning to do this in order to simply experiment, but since Anabolic Pump should be taken before a carbohydrate-rich meal, would it be ok/beneficial to take an AP before drinking a few beers?

I've been thinking about this for awhile and was simply curious as to what people have to say. Also, personally I will be trying out two bottles of AP around the time baseball season starts and was wondering if this would provide a little safety net if a few beers were had at a game.

brettly

Awards
good question. by no means am i looking to use it to cancel out beers, but lets be honest, im in university and its just not in the cards to avoid drinking completely.

JJC

Awards
  • Established
That's what I'm talking about. I just graduated but most of my friends moved to the city and when I go visit, that means we drink. I've been able to avoid them for the past three weekends but this weekend is the Super Bowl and they've already been getting on my case for not coming to the city this past weekend.

Plus when friends who have moved away come to visit, that means a whole weekend of drinking!

I just have this feeling that once I start on AP, I will be coerced to go drink more often.

Will it be ok to save my last AP of the day for 20 minutes before the beers start?

mwkcronin

Awards
Probably not going to cause any problems. But, you would just be wasting a serving of the AP to be honest. As you probably aware, it is best to take the product with carbs such as oats, wheat bread, paste etc.

If you want serious results, you should only take the AP with the proper meals. No sense in wasting your time and money you know! Mike

JJC

Awards
  • Established
Probably not going to cause any problems. But, you would just be wasting a serving of the AP to be honest. As you probably aware, it is best to take the product with carbs such as oats, wheat bread, paste etc.

If you want serious results, you should only take the AP with the proper meals. No sense in wasting your time and money you know! Mike
Yeah, true.

I guess I would just take my last AP of the day right before the last meal before the drinking begins. If that makes sense. :blink:

Any more opinions on this? Just curious as to what people have experienced/know.

canadian champ

Awards
  • Established
Had a few bad experiences when dosing Yellow Gold followed by a 'few' beers in the evening. The effects of alcohol were heightened to the point of me being very sick after only 6-7 beers. Might only be me, but I consider it a no-no to dose YG or AP when I know I'm going out for a few wobblies.

cc

PS. Believe it or not, YG tastes worse on the way back up.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
As an FYI, people have been noticing an increase in efficacy, however subjective, with their other products as a result of AP. If you look at Rivet's log, I believe he mentions AP's effect on Alchohol.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
With AP I catch a buzz of a single serving of alcohol be it beer, wine or better yet rum/whiskey/tequila. :)

Havn't had more than a couple drinks at a sitting while using AP but it seems that I need waaay less for equal effect.

JJC

Awards
  • Established
That actually could be a good thing (relatively) then.

Sometimes I'd rather not have to drink as much...too many empty calories and too much money!

Hooray for beer+AP on the way down! Boo to AP+beer on the way up...

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
alcohol makes me tired. so combining AP and alcohol would probably double that effect.

pittbull666

pittbull666

Awards
ive been on ap for almost 4 weeks now and when i drink i dont get half the hangover i normally do

brettly

Awards
this sounds bad, but i drank my face off on saturday, got 2 hours of sleep and felt fine the next day, minus being tired as hell. a major bonus too in the fact that i felt fine enough to eat good food as opposed to the **** greasy food im sure we all usually eat when we're hungover. i will ensure this wont be a habit though haha.
oh and i've been on AP for about a week myself.

ive been on ap for almost 4 weeks now and when i drink i dont get half the hangover i normally do

JJC

Awards
  • Established
arrrgggggghhhhh...they made updates to the site but i can't delete multiple posts now!

i guess there are a few kinks to work out still...

Last edited:
Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
As an FYI, people have been noticing an increase in efficacy, however subjective, with their other products as a result of AP. If you look at Rivet's log, I believe he mentions AP's effect on Alchohol.

Yea I had a small glass of wine 15mins after taking YG and I had a buzz :)

MisterEZE

Awards
  • Established
I was worried about this as well. I'm definitely a drinker and I've noticed that while my buzz seems to come on a bit quicker, it doesn't really affect the amount of alcohol I can drink in an evening.

In regards to the original question, I'd take the AP with the meal before you go out boozing.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
man I hope you guys are talking on a occassional and not loads of it at a time. I mean far from it for me to offer advice considering the stupid things i've done but to me this sounds like it should be done with a lot of caution.

Here's to staying healthy :)

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
lol Oh god now people are going to be using AP as a drinking aid, lol Drink less feel more, lol

Stay Puft

Stay Puft

Avant Research Guru
Awards
  • Established
I enjoyed my AP + Gin night, but I wouldn't call it mind blowing by any stretch. Might be better with beer (More CHO in the beer).

JJC

Awards
  • Established
I enjoyed my AP + Gin night, but I wouldn't call it mind blowing by any stretch. Might be better with beer (More CHO in the beer).
Can you elaborate a little more? I don't want to be using my AP to get any certain types of results, I just want to know what to expect when I inevitably start drinking again which will probably correspond to the time that I will be on AP. (whether it be hard liquor or beer)

Thanks!

donk

Awards
I have been taking AP and DCP for for like a month. I keep my protien intake at 300-400g/day and pretty much just eat junk and drink on the weekends.

Well a couple days ago I was over at a chic's place i have not seen since i started and she said your looking good have you lost some weight? my brother said the same damn thing.

Also I have noticed I have not had any bad hangovers was wondering why. Especially since last friday I drank a fifth of Jager and mosh pitted at a slayer show. Saturday afternoon went to the gym and lifted like I never went out.

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
this proves my theory that. . .

this sounds bad, but i drank my face off on saturday, got 2 hours of sleep and felt fine the next day, minus being tired as hell. a major bonus too in the fact that i felt fine enough to eat good food as opposed to the **** greasy food im sure we all usually eat when we're hungover. i will ensure this wont be a habit though haha.
oh and i've been on AP for about a week myself.
if its not good to do the two together, when the beer to AP ratio is higher on the beer end - you won't notice or feel a thing!:bruce3:

McBurly

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is the extra water retained from the excess uptake of glucose the reason why hangovers are better?