Lipid Profile Supplement!!!

athlete20

Awards
What's a good supplement that helps maintain a healthy lipid profile and boost it? Are Scivation's Sesamin, LipidFX, or BI's Ultra Size good supplements, or is there anything better?

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sesathin w/ EFA's, some policosanol, and good ole' fiber would be a lipid panel slayer.

Skigazzi

Skigazzi

Awards
  • Established
How about little ol' Niacin?

nightfly71

nightfly71

Awards
  • Established
I didn't see a dosage listed that they consider high or what they consider a prolonged period. It would be interesting to see what is considered a high dose, too long a time, etc. to induce liver toxicity.

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
The culprit is usually timed release niacin. Most of the articles in your post talked about the benefits of niacin. Here is an excerpt from the first one:

These results indicate that niacinamide, presumably by acting with multiple functions, exerts potent anti-inflammatory effects in I/R-induced liver injury.

nightfly71

nightfly71

Awards
  • Established
Mine's flish free niacin, but I don't think it's timed release. Seems like it's a 500 mg. tab which I take once per day. Assuming it's not timed, then I should be good. What dosage do you guys take for lipids? The label says to take 1 a day, but who knows what's most effective.

yelis300

yelis300

Awards
  • Established
policosanol definitely, there have been hundreds of studies done on this supplement. it has been shown to actually perform better or equal to current medications used to controll cholesterol, and can raise good cholesterol as much as 25% in some people. :thumbsup:

Policosanol - Monograph

Policosanol

do some more research on your own and form your own opinion on this one because i have read other studies that have shown completely different results. i personally believe it is a wonderful supplement. hope that helped someone out there.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
What's a good supplement that helps maintain a healthy lipid profile and boost it? Are Scivation's Sesamin, LipidFX, or BI's Ultra Size good supplements, or is there anything better?
What is causing your lipid profile to look bad or what are you using that makes you think you might need something to keep it at healthy levels?

CROWLER

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
a high-fiber diet is the first and most important step IMO, but Crowler's question is central...

workin2005

workin2005

NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
Awards
  • Established
Sesathin w/ EFA's, some policosanol, and good ole' fiber would be a lipid panel slayer.
Agreed, this would be an excellent stack to get and keep your lipid profile looking the way you want it to...That said, Crowlers question should be addressed to get a real idea of the cause and cure.

Workin

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
If it is from AAS or prohormone/prosteroids you may want to think about protecting more than your lipid profiles.

CROWLER

skyOne

skyOne

Awards
This is what i've been taking in the last half year because I wanted to leave the statin drug which must be avoided like a plague:

- 650 milligrams of flush free niacin(inositol hexanicotinate, the least hepatotoxic form of niacin)
- 3 grams of Vit-C (you want to repair damaged blood vessels)
- taurine 5-10 grams per day (enchances cholesterol degradation, decrease blood glucose levels)
- 5 grams of lecithin (enchances cholesterol degradation)
- 4 grams of fish oil (keeps triglycerides in control)

So far so good, my LDL levels are nearly the same (121 mg/dl previously now 118 mg/dl) still despite the fact that I left the rat poison roughly 4 months ago. HDL levels rose a bit (previously 28 now 37 mg/dl). I try to avoid frequent intake of high GI carbs, one of the main reasons why the body keeps releasing so much cholesterol.

DeerDeer

DeerDeer

Awards
  • Established
I owuld be sure to address your concerns with your PCP. Cycle support is always a solid option coupled to one of my personal favorites - Lipidex.

A review (among many other studies) was recently published that showed policosanol provides NO benefit in impacting one's lipid profile positively - it was published in a well known peer-reviewed journal , JAMA. -->Berthold HK, Unverdorben S, Degenhardt R, Bulitta M, Gouni-Berthold I. Effect of policosanol on lipid levels among patients with hypercholesterolemia or combined hyperlipidemia: a randomized controlled trial.
JAMA. 2006 May 17;295(19):2262-9. - basically showed no benefit over placebo

The studies form Cuba substantiaitng the claim were deemed quite poor in study design.

here are a couple...

Dulin MF, Hatcher LF, Sasser HC, Barringer TA.
Policosanol is ineffective in the treatment of hypercholesterolemia: a randomized controlled trial.
Am J Clin Nutr. 2006 Dec;84(6):1543-8.

Policosanol: a sweet nothing for high cholesterol.
Harv Heart Lett. 2006 Sep;17(1):7. No abstract available.

Lack of effect of sugar cane policosanol on plasma cholesterol in golden syrian hamsters.
Atherosclerosis. 2006 Nov 21

Lack of cholesterol-lowering efficacy of Cuban sugar cane policosanols in hypercholesterolemic persons.
Am J Clin Nutr. 2006 Nov;84(5):1003-8.

Comparative lipid-lowering effects of policosanol and atorvastatin: a randomized, parallel, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial.
Am Heart J. 2006 Nov;152(5):982.e1-5.

policosanol definitely, there have been hundreds of studies done on this supplement. it has been shown to actually perform better or equal to current medications used to controll cholesterol, and can raise good cholesterol as much as 25% in some people. :thumbsup:

Policosanol - Monograph

Policosanol

do some more research on your own and form your own opinion on this one because i have read other studies that have shown completely different results. i personally believe it is a wonderful supplement. hope that helped someone out there.

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
A review (among many other studies) was recently published that showed policosanol provides NO benefit in impacting one's lipid profile positively - it was published in a well known peer-reviewed journal , JAMA. -->Berthold HK, Unverdorben S, Degenhardt R, Bulitta M, Gouni-Berthold I. Effect of policosanol on lipid levels among patients with hypercholesterolemia or combined hyperlipidemia: a randomized controlled trial.
JAMA. 2006 May 17;295(19):2262-9. - basically showed no benefit over placebo.
Glad to see that. I tried it and I know it does nothing. I get tired of people telling me it works. If it worked, then you didn't need it, your cholesterol was not that high.

Can you say hypochondriac?

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
Glad to see that. I tried it and I know it does nothing. I get tired of people telling me it works. If it worked, then you didn't need it, your cholesterol was not that high.

Can you say hypochondriac?
ha ha

athlete20

Awards
Can Sesathin be taken during cycle and PCT or when would it be better? And which is better to get, Controlled Labs' SesaGlow or SciVation's Sesamin?

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Can Sesathin be taken during cycle and post cycle therapy or when would it be better? And which is better to get, Controlled Labs' SesaGlow or SciVation's Sesamin?
You're talking about three different products there.

SesaThin is our sesamin product and it's the best. If you don't believe me, feel free to look up the reports on this board and others about how users get better results from our liquid than any other sesamin product.

The choice is obvious. ;)

athlete20

Awards
You're talking about three different products there.

SesaThin is our sesamin product and it's the best. If you don't believe me, feel free to look up the reports on this board and others about how users get better results from our liquid than any other sesamin product.

The choice is obvious. ;)
Well Sesathin is kind of expensive, and I was looking at the two others which are less expensive than it.

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Small price to pay for quality and innovation in my mind, but I definitely respect where you're coming from.

athlete20

Awards
Small price to pay for quality and innovation in my mind, but I definitely respect where you're coming from.
Between Sesathin and Sesathin Softgels, which would you recommend as being more convenient (price) and having more quality (just better)?

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'd go with the liquid. It's cheaper and it seems to be the best delivery method.

Yagman

Yagman

Board Supporter
Awards
Definately the liquid, quite a difference. Not sure why. Annabolic Innovations cycle support is the best way to go. A mixture of everything to help with cholesterol and BP.

athlete20

Awards
Definately the liquid, quite a difference. Not sure why. Annabolic Innovations cycle support is the best way to go. A mixture of everything to help with cholesterol and BP.
Thanks. Right now I'm taking Cycle Support and some extra Milk Thistle. Once I begin with the cycle, I'm going to add Sesathin and Liver Longer.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
agreed....cycle support is good stuff

athlete20

Awards
Thanks. How much would you recommend me to take in conjunction with Cycle Support, extra Milk Thistle, and Liver Longer during cycle? And I can continue to take Sesathin during PCT, right (same doses?)?

Sir Savage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You're just taking it for lipids, right, and not fat loss?

You could probably get away with anywhere between 1/2 full dose and full dose.

And yep, you can take it with PCT.

athlete20

Awards
You're just taking it for lipids, right, and not fat loss?

You could probably get away with anywhere between 1/2 full dose and full dose.

And yep, you can take it with post cycle therapy.
Yeah I'm taking it mainly for lipids, but if I lose whatever bodyfat I have left at the same time, then great.

Would that be 3 times a day?

Thanks.