Glutamine - AnabolicMinds.com

Glutamine

1. New Member

Glutamine

I have read the popular arguement that glutamine is not neccessary and is merely a waiste of money for those who take generic protein shakes that have reasonable amounts of glutamine. However, I bought it in a bulk at an extremly cheap price..When would be the best time to take it?

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  172 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

is it L-Glutamine? or Peptides?

If L-Glut I supplement about 30g/day, 10g in morning shake, 10g in the pw shake, last 10g in the bedtime shake.

Peptides absorb better so I dose at half that rate: 15g/day
  3. New Member

Thanks for the reply..it's L-Glutamine
    •   

4. New Member

Supposed to be the most abundant amino acid present in muscle tissue so reasoning goes that it is important to muscle growth. Weight training depletes glutamine and so goes the reasoning.This was big a while back and it sort of went on the backburner.
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Glutamine is useless for gaining muscle. Entrez PubMed as a example " However, no significant difference in plasma or tissue glutamine concentrations was observed between acute supplementation with glutamine and DIP during the post-exhaustive exercise recovery period."
  6. Recovering AXoholic

Quote Originally Posted by djbombsquad
    Glutamine is useless for gaining muscle. Entrez PubMed as a example " However, no significant difference in plasma or tissue glutamine concentrations was observed between acute supplementation with glutamine and DIP during the post-exhaustive exercise recovery period."

No need to try and prove anything, this topic has been debated plenty enough times to show that it doesn't help BBer's. If they wanna throw away $$$, let 'em. Dsade's family is hungry.
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.

Good I am glad some one understands this.
  8. New Member

i dont care what you guys say and i dont give a sh*t about those studies. i use glutemine and through my experence find it helps with my recovery. im not some guy who's been training a few months to a year. ive been doing weights, and martial arts for well over 10 years. glutamine has definetly made a differnce. the other guys in my gym agree with me on this one. these are guys that really move some serous amounts of weights in there training.:squat:
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'5"  150 lbs.

Any way. We will not argure with you. There are better solutions out ther e that will get the job done. Here's the truth.

BCAA's are what the body uses to make Glutamine, which is the most abundant amino acid in the formation of muscle tissue. In fact, Glutamine comprises over 97% of new muscle cell growth. In other words, you can eat protein all day long but it's only the Glutamine that will ultimately grow more muscle. By now you may be wondering; "Why not just take Glutamine?" Well, that's exactly what most companies thought too, (or more accurately, that's what they wanted you to think). It's the reason Glutamine went on to became a very popular supplement. There's just one problem:

The body cannot absorb orally ingested Glutamine!!!

Most supplemental Glutamine is destroyed by digestive enzymes before it ever gets into the bloodstream. That's why no one ever got any impressive results from the use of all that extra Glutamine. The ONLY way for your muscles to reap the benefits of Glutamine is the way nature intended - by converting it from the Branched Chain Amino Acids! Buy some BCAA's or leucine. Save your money.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Glutamine & cutting
    By Iron Warrior in forum Supplements
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 02-15-2006, 02:15 AM
  2. Great Debate: Glutamine worth the money??
    By YellowJacket in forum Supplements
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 06-25-2004, 06:22 PM
  3. Who Wastes Money on Glutamine?
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 03-28-2003, 07:43 PM
  4. Who Wastes Money on Glutamine?
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 02-04-2003, 07:20 PM
  5. Glutamine Peptides...