Vitamin E

Zack

Awards
I used to and some times still do read threads on heavyweights.com, i remember a bunch of people claiming that if you take high doses of E will on a one+ cycle it will cut gains buy some thing like 30-25%. has any one here heared of anything like that? If it applied to Avant products I am sure it would so the same to BDC. Is this BS or is there actually some merit to this arguement?

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
"Vitamin E and Prohormones

Vitamin E is a popular anti-oxidant amongst athletes and justly so. I myself supplement 400 IU most of the year. But when on a prohormones stack it may be wise to give it a rest for a couple of weeks. As a fat-soluble vitamin your storages are plentiful if you supplement year-round. But Vitamin E will inhibit the effect of prohormones, and even some test boosters. The conversion will not happen fully, and that's only if the prohormones actually reach receptors. You are potentially cutting your gains by 50 to 60 percent. Prohormones stack well with most supplements though. Just kick back the vitamin E, you'll be getting small amounts in your multi anyway. "

BC

Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

Obese Member
Awards
  • Established
[BBut Vitamin E will inhibit the effect of prohormones, and even some test boosters. The conversion will not happen fully, and that's only if the prohormones actually reach receptors. You are potentially cutting your gains by 50 to 60 percent....[/B]

I've read about this on multiple boards, but never seen anyone describe the mechanics of action of how vitamin E can decrease the effectiveness of any pro-hormone/AAS. Does it readily bind to the AR? Can someone describe how this happens or reference a source?

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
ROCHESTER, N.Y.--Researchers from the University of Rochester reported they may know how vitamin E may benefit prostate cancer in a study that appears in the May 28 Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (99, 11:7408-13, 2002).

Using vitamin E in the form of alpha-tocopheryl succinate, researchers found that the nutrient suppressed the expression of prostate-specific antigen, a marker for the progression of prostate cancer. They also found that vitamin E suppresses androgen receptor expression through transcriptional (reducing the amount of messenger RNA available to androgen receptor expression) and post-transcriptional modulation (directly impacting androgen receptor expression).

In terms of cell growth, vitamin E inhibited the growth of the prostate cancer cells, LNCaP. Comparatively, the pharmaceutical anti-androgen--hydroxyflutamide--commonly used in prostate cancer patients was shown to only slightly inhibit the growth of LNCaP cells. The researchers noted that, interestingly, simultaneous administration of the drug with vitamin E resulted in a more significant inhibitory effect on LNCaP cell growth.

The study's authors reported this finding may help establish new therapies in preventing and treating prostate cancer. "As we have found that vitamin E reduced the amount of androgen receptor, a key factor for the progression of prostate cancer, this could be the base to concert different therapy strategies," said Shuyuan Yeh, a study author and an assistant professor in the department of urology and pathology at the university. "For example, anti-androgen will prevent androgen's bind on androgen receptor and vitamin E would reduce the amount of androgen receptor. The combination of anti-androgen and vitamin E would possibly elicit better therapy effects.

Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

Obese Member
Awards
  • Established
So it does decrease the amount of AR.

Thanks LMD.