Most effective ingredients for a good PUMP

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
And it can't taste like poo :)

Is there anything besides creatine and arginine that works really well?

I would be willing to try a cheap premixed product, but I don't want anything that includes creatine or a bunch of worthless kitchen sink type ingredients. I prefer plain creatine mono, which I already have plenty of.

Any ideas?

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
Anabolic Pump. Best supplement not only for a pump but for anything else you're looking for too... muscle gain, fat loss...

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The two products that gave me the best pumps were AP, as mentioned, and Millennium Sport Citruvol.

I've only used AP for 3-4 days now, and worked out once on it, but the pump was silly, but different than an arginine pump. Just insane. We'll see if it continues.

Citruvol was also insane, and lasted longer than AP. I also had a really good workout on the sample I had, so I have some in the mail on its way to me.

SUPAFLY

Awards
Practicality

as far as anything practical that i have used goes, i like combining GNC Thermoburst and Glutamine. no necessarily a "pump" but definately and energy packin synthesis booster.

Zombie

Zombie

Awards
  • Established
i agree with not_big_enuf and poison on the AP recomentation. i been 6 days on and loving it just dont forget the carbs :D

not_big_enuf

not_big_enuf

Awards
  • Established
Carbs are SUPER important. Complex carbs even more so. If you're on a low carb diet, Anabolic Pump is not for you. However, AP could be used with just about any other diet with good results.

workin2005

workin2005

NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
Awards
  • Established
Carbs are SUPER important. Complex carbs even more so. If you're on a low carb diet, Anabolic Pump is not for you. However, AP could be used with just about any other diet with good results.
I've taken many NO type products in the past and do like the effects they give me. I've had EXCELLENT results mixing Poseidon (soon to be available on Nutra Planet) with various NO products pre workout...in fact, lately it's been an addiction for me! The funny thing is, NO products usually loose their effectiveness with me if I use them to often. I have NOT found this to be the case when mixing them with Poseidon.

To be fair, I'm a bit biased...but these have truly been my results. I look forward to seeing what others say once they try this combo! Remember, you heard it here first ;-)

Workin

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
glycerol. I mean it doesn't taste that good, but poo doesn't taste sweet.

I've taken many NO type products in the past and do like the effects they give me. I've had EXCELLENT results mixing Poseidon (soon to be available on Nutra Planet) with various NO products pre workout...in fact, lately it's been an addiction for me! The funny thing is, NO products usually loose their effectiveness with me if I use them to often. I have NOT found this to be the case when mixing them with Poseidon.

To be fair, I'm a bit biased...but these have truly been my results. I look forward to seeing what others say once they try this combo! Remember, you heard it here first ;-)

Workin

Can I test it?

workin2005

workin2005

NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
Awards
  • Established
Can I test it?
I would be happy to share my candy... if you share yours ;-) LOL!

Actually, it would be an honor for Nimbus Nutrition to have Poseidon reviewed by USP Labs. We are currently waiting on the raw materials to come in so we can fill Nutra Planets order. As soon as we do, I would be happy to send you out a 10 day supply of Poseidon and look forward to your thoughts. (should be about 2 weeks) Send me an email with the name and address you would like it shipped to, [email protected] .

It's funny we would end up on the same thread today as I was just speaking with Mike, from Anabolic Innovations, this morning and your name came up. We were talking about respected companies and yours was one at the top of the list. ;-)

Thanks for your interest in Nimbus Nutrition's Poseidon USPLabs!

Workin

PS: Does this mean I get to test Anabolic Pump? :D

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
glycerol. I mean it doesn't taste that good, but poo doesn't taste sweet.
Do you take that every day or just before your workout? I'm wondering the same about arginine too actually. I've had some for a while but I never got around to using it much.

:blink:

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do you take that every day or just before your workout? I'm wondering the same about arginine too actually. I've had some for a while but I never got around to using it much.

:blink:

By glycerol, I'm talking USP glycerol. And by USP glycerol, I mean 1,2,3-propanol that meets United States Pharmacopia standards. (not glycerol monostearate, which I am yet to experience). It's a ridiculously sweet, syrupy substance, so you may want to mix it with your favorite flavor of kool-aide, to give it a more feasible taste.

Take only on lifting days. About an hour pre-workout, I'll to down 20-30ml, dilluted in at least 1 quart of water. Drinking it straight will leave you calling poison control, but diluted in at least a quart of water, it's pretty safe. It sucks moisture like paris hilton sucks d*ck, that's why its dangerous to drink straight (not to mention it would taste awful).

It may not be the most fun thing to do, but it gives me vein-popping pumps that arginine-based products could only dream of producing.

Skigazzi

Skigazzi

Awards
  • Established
I got some AEE (bulk from Nutraplanet), and took 2 grams of it before my last 2 workouts and its definitely expanded my vessels. Im not a big NO supporter (quite the opposite actually), but it can be fun to use now and then.. :bb2:

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
By glycerol, I'm talking USP glycerol. And by USP glycerol, I mean 1,2,3-propanol that meets United States Pharmacopia standards. (not glycerol monostearate, which I am yet to experience). It's a ridiculously sweet, syrupy substance, so you may want to mix it with your favorite flavor of kool-aide, to give it a more feasible taste.

Take only on lifting days. About an hour pre-workout, I'll to down 20-30ml, dilluted in at least 1 quart of water. Drinking it straight will leave you calling poison control, but diluted in at least a quart of water, it's pretty safe. It sucks moisture like paris hilton sucks d*ck, that's why its dangerous to drink straight (not to mention it would taste awful).

It may not be the most fun thing to do, but it gives me vein-popping pumps that arginine-based products could only dream of producing.
WOW. I take a tsp of GMS pre and post workout and I definately feel like it promotes a nice pump, even while in ketosis. But this stuff your explaining sounds like no joke! I'll have to pick some up after I run out of GMS, which will be a while as I have a whole kilo in the cupboard.

Alexander

Alexander

Awards
  • Established

Where would one acquire USP glycerol? I'd love to give it a shot.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Search the NOW products titled glycerine. That's the stuff.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
WOW. I take a tsp of GMS pre and post workout and I definately feel like it promotes a nice pump, even while in ketosis. But this stuff your explaining sounds like no joke! I'll have to pick some up after I run out of GMS, which will be a while as I have a whole kilo in the cupboard.

This is actually a fairly old-school technique used by a lot of underground, hardcore lifters. I'm interested to see how this stacks up against GMS. Just be cautious to dilute with ample amounts of water (1 liter MINIMUM), or else you'd better put poison control on speed-dial.

Where would one acquire USP glycerol? I'd love to give it a shot.
It's often sold in the first aid section of most drugstores, in 4 oz containers. Look for glycerol USP, glycerine USP, or glycerin USP as these are all the same thing. NOW Foods Vegatable Glycerine is also a pretty good one to look into, as it is made from 100% vegetable fats, and made from a higher quality.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Nice! It's funny, people got all excited about GMS when Controlled Labs brought GlycerGrow to market, but bodybuilders have been using glycerol for years. I remember seeing it growing up in the early 80's. Many ABB drinks have good doses of glycerol. It's pretty old-school, and effective.

JJC

Awards
  • Established
Will glycerol do anything else for you besides just the pumps/vascularity? Or is it simply an aesthetic/feel thing?

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I think some endurance athletes use it to 'super-hydrate'. Other than that, it's cosmetic, AFAIK.

JJC

Awards
  • Established
I think some endurance athletes use it to 'super-hydrate'. Other than that, it's cosmetic, AFAIK.
That's what it sounded like. Well I guess that could be fun every once in awhile...like if you know there's gonna be a cute girl at the gym to impress and are looking for her reaction to go a little something like this :jaw:

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's what it sounded like. Well I guess that could be fun every once in awhile...like if you know there's gonna be a cute girl at the gym to impress and are looking for her reaction to go a little something like this :jaw:
Please point me in the direction of cute girls that are into that look. Where I live, such a thing is nothing more than a fabled myth.

JJC

Awards
  • Established
Please point me in the direction of cute girls that are into that look. Where I live, such a thing is nothing more than a fabled myth.
Well I, unfortunately(and please don't laugh), workout at a public gym in my town. So it's not really a place for people like us...you see alot of parents, grandparents, and highschoolers. There are very few people who you can tell are serious about lifting and body composition.

But it's those cute high school and college girls who come in...Look but don't touch my friend! hahaha

That's the key tho. Gotta get yourself to a more public, commercial gym.

No big deal tho.....I'm usually too focused on my workout to notice the tight shorts and sports bras. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. :chick:

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well I, unfortunately(and please don't laugh), workout at a public gym in my town. So it's not really a place for people like us...you see alot of parents, grandparents, and highschoolers. There are very few people who you can tell are serious about lifting and body composition.

But it's those cute high school and college girls who come in...Look but don't touch my friend! hahaha

That's the key tho. Gotta get yourself to a more public, commercial gym.

No big deal tho.....I'm usually too focused on my workout to notice the tight shorts and sports bras. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. :chick:
Actually, I work out at my college's Rec center. The majority of people that go in the weightroom are egomaniac's showing off their skills of benching 135lbs or drunk's trying to burn off the beer calories from last weekend. At the times I go (first thing in the morning), I'm the ONLY person with any serious body composition working out there. I rock a wifebeater and a pissed off expression on my face, and people seem to stay out of my way.

I was just banking on the fact that most of the cute girls I know are into scrawny the frat-boy type, who wear abercrombie and listen to emo.

JJC

Awards
  • Established
Actually, I work out at my college's Rec center. The majority of people that go in the weightroom are egomaniac's showing off their skills of benching 135lbs or drunk's trying to burn off the beer calories from last weekend. At the times I go (first thing in the morning), I'm the ONLY person with any serious body composition working out there. I rock a wifebeater and a pissed off expression on my face, and people seem to stay out of my way.

I was just banking on the fact that most of the cute girls I know are into scrawny the frat-boy type, who wear abercrombie and listen to emo.
I hate emo and people associated with that lifestyle. I think they just need to be hugged.

(PS I know what it's like to workout at your school's gym and try to workout around those people. Sucks. Good thing I just graduated... haha maybe it's the pissed off expression that's driving the ladies away tho!)

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I hate emo and people associated with that lifestyle. I think they just need to be hugged.
Maybe that's why hot girls are always hugging them instead of guys like us.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A good bet that your right, but I bet more then one of them are interesting in you because of the way you act. Stigmatism is a turn on for a lot of girls regaurd less of the fact that they are all about the GAP guys.

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
looking like a re-occuring theme here. . .

PVSkyHigh

PVSkyHigh

Awards
  • Established
Just wanted to drop in that not all "frat guys" as you stereo type them, wear abercrombie nor are scrawny. :) I definately do not listen to emo either.

Zombie

Zombie

Awards
  • Established
<---high school drop out also wears abercrombie :D doesnt like emo either

JJC

Awards
  • Established
Just wanted to drop in that not all "frat guys" as you stereo type them, wear abercrombie nor are scrawny. :) I definately do not listen to emo either.
Yeah I feel like I should confess also since I basically started this part of the convo...I too was a member of a fraternity. BUT I've graduated! ha HA!

I don't wear abercrombizzle(although I tried to keep up in high school), not particularly scrawny, and I find emo to be just a bunch of complainers and whiners.

This is neither here nor there, though...

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh totally. I'm a Beta Theta Pi alumnus, and by no way shape or form do I fit the image previously described.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is actually a fairly old-school technique used by a lot of underground, hardcore lifters. I'm interested to see how this stacks up against GMS. Just be cautious to dilute with ample amounts of water (1 liter MINIMUM), or else you'd better put poison control on speed-dial.

It's often sold in the first aid section of most drugstores, in 4 oz containers. Look for glycerol USP, glycerine USP, or glycerin USP as these are all the same thing. NOW Foods Vegatable Glycerine is also a pretty good one to look into, as it is made from 100% vegetable fats, and made from a higher quality.
Sinner--- I've been told by a guy from primordial performance that I need to use this (GLYCERINE) and everclear(PGA) as a solvent for my testofen powder before mixing it into my extra virgin olive oil suspension. I have 80 grams of powdered testofen to make up, so how much glycerine and PGA do I need to dissolve my powder into? I really need some help on this one!! Also, how much olive oil would you put all of this into? Thanks sinner!!