FDA goes after BB.com

LTX

Awards
The dates are at least a year old. Did anything come of it?

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
The dates are at least a year old. Did anything come of it?
The dates are 6 months old (July 2006). I have no idea what came of it. I'd never even heard about it until this turned up in a google search I was running.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
I believe they now have a compliance person on staff now.

CROWLER

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was looking at their brand the other day, and noticing that some of the claims for Chromium were just way out there and totally in violation.

It's not that hard to phrase labels in a way to get the point across about what it does, without claiming to treat a disease.

mrcoolboy15

Awards
I know they are after colloidal companies too, well better said they are after the whole natural supplement world...Since the fda is the protection agency for the pharm. Companies. They dont want little natural companies cutting into their pie.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That list seemed a little excessive, but I don't quite understand why some of it was listed in the first place - IE the stevia products.

mrcoolboy15

Awards
That list seemed a little excessive, but I don't quite understand why some of it was listed in the first place - IE the stevia products.
Has anyone else heard of companies getting messed with by the fda?

julius kelp

julius kelp

Awards
  • Established
just wait, if the liberal dems take over in 2008, vitamin c will be prescription only

mrcoolboy15

Awards
Yeah, well i hope we can some day have a reguation agencie that is not government controlled. A third party

mrcoolboy15

Awards

how many points do you have to have to post a signature?

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
how many points do you have to have to post a signature?
Sorry, but I'm not sure. I only recently started using the sig feature in the past 8 to 10 weeks. It might even be a feature reserved for Gold Members and Board Sponsors/Reps...

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
This seems fairly benign, just a complience issue, easy to accomodate. The shear size of the FDA makes it succeptable to corruption and incompetence. When there are matters of coersion and intimidation that support a corporate agenda, then these complience issue become dangerous. I don't think that is the case with this letter. It just alerts the recipient that they are not in complience with the law. The laws that protect the weak and feabile minded are a necessary nuisance in society.

mrcoolboy15

Awards
i'm just wondering what the difference is between them having misleading statements etc. on bb.com's product descriptions... and an ad like one i have read for the mass stack, saying it restructures your DNA for muscle building....

how are they allowed to print something like the latter? its garbage, and though i'm sure it increases sales in the 16 year old population 10 fold, is just plain irresponsible in my mind...

and i know that basically all ads in magazines are along those lines, but i'm just wondering why there is no fight from the fda about those ads... is it because they have the little disclaimer saying it isnt meant to treat disease or whatever it says at the bottom?

What i have noticed that the fda likes to go after the smaller fish, instead of the large companies. Or maybe those companies selling the supplement that your talking about are associated with the pharmicutical companies, and then are directly associated with the fda.... Since alot of the head people in the fda are large stock holders in the drug companies.

read the article above that i posted and you will see...

Skigazzi

Skigazzi

Awards
  • Established
I think the FDA only went after the 'write ups' they used, basically bb.com used what the companies gave them, with all the accurate and or wild ass claims...now most of their descriptions just tell what is in the product and maybe a vague suggested use. This wasn't an attack on the actual products they sell though.

FarangJaiDee

FarangJaiDee

Awards
:jaw: very nice link you'd posted, mrcoolboy15.

I hope one day we can still purchase vitamin C, protein without being regulated too much. FDA is really bothersome sometimes. :eek:

mrcoolboy15

Awards
Any one else have any stories about the fda, and it's abuse of power?

sublimejeh

sublimejeh

Awards
  • Established
I hate the FDA... oops maybe that was illegal to say, they might be knocking on my door right now:blink:

Dr Liftalot

Dr Liftalot

Awards
  • Established
This thread makes me sing the lyrics

I GOT THE FEELING, SOMEBODIES WATCHING ME!

(Does a dance move and moves away from the computer)

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
Dissolve the FDA- didicate all employees to stopping pedifiles.