Muscle fatigue

R3d

R3d

Awards
Any recommendations to treat muscle fatigue?

About 30 minutes into my upper body workout my shoulders & arms feel like crap.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Creatine could give you an edge, and help. What do you mean by crap?

R3d

R3d

Awards
Fatigue & soreness.
Perhaps a "recovery" supp?

I keep hearing about creatine; any more information?

scott72

scott72

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established

About 30 minutes into my upper body workout my shoulders & arms feel like crap.
When is that last time you've taken a week off? Sometimes you need to just take a week off to recharge so to speak. Make sure your taking the necessary daily supps like a multi, vit C, and green tea.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Well, maybe use a BCAA product like Xtend or Excell, or even ICE to aid in recovery during, and post workout. Get good rest, and eat properly. This is very important.

R3d

R3d

Awards
When is that last time you've taken a week off? Sometimes you need to just take a week off to recharge so to speak. Make sure your taking the necessary daily supps like a multi, vit C, and green tea.
Vitamin, check- Green tea: 3-4 cups daily. Protein, check.
Diet is pretty much in check- 2500 calories (could probably up it)

I'm just a little over a month into my first lifting routine. I've been thinking about taking the recommended week off, but I feel like it hasn't been long enough (going from other people who train 2-3+ months before taking a break).

Along with muscle fatigue/soreness, I have been lacking the mentality get into the gym & complete my workouts.

R3d

R3d

Awards
Well, maybe use a BCAA product like Xtend or Excell, or even ICE to aid in recovery during, and post workout. Get good rest, and eat properly. This is very important.
Have a free sample of xtend coming in :)
Will look into the other recommendations.

Thanks

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
2500 calories. Are you cutting? You gotta eat more my friend. Weight? Height?

glsa17

Awards
  • Established
Fatigue? You make need to take some time off. Rest your mind and body (joints, muscles, CNS). It doesn't matter if most people take a break after 2-3 months. Use it as a guide. It is a average. Some need to take a break after 3-4 month. Others after a month or two. Everyone is different. Fine your own break point. Tailor your routine (training, supplementation and diet) to your specific needs or goal.
Adjust your diet (check your water intake, ratio of protein, carbs and fats, getting enough of the right vitamins/minerals)
Change train style/ routine. For example; if currently using HIT, switch to HST, D.C., GVT or something. Sometimes a different routine will create some excitement. Renew your interest and enthusiasm.
Do you ingest any protein or carbs pre workout? Or what about during? Look into BCAA's or EAA's (ANNABOLIC
INNOVATIONS, BLACKSTAR LABS, SCIVATION, PRIMAFORCE, CONTROLLED LABS or bulk) Drink immediately prior, during and immediately following your workout.
Supplement-wise, look into the following.
MAN Clout or quality creatine product
Bulk Citrulline Malate or MAN Body Octane
SCIVATION Neuro-Stim or SNS Focus XT- energy and focus

Last edited:
scott72

scott72

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Vitamin, check- Green tea: 3-4 cups daily. Protein, check.
Diet is pretty much in check- 2500 calories (could probably up it)

I'm just a little over a month into my first lifting routine. I've been thinking about taking the recommended week off, but I feel like it hasn't been long enough (going from other people who train 2-3+ months before taking a break).

Along with muscle fatigue/soreness, I have been lacking the mentality get into the gym & complete my workouts.
Post your diet up and your weight, height. Are you getting enough sleep? How are your stress levels?

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Diet would be good, also any supp with a creatine/citrulline combo would be ideal for muscle fatigue, that or you could stack some bcaa's with citrulline like xcell or xtend, and throw in a creatine of your choice.

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like more of a mental focus/motivation issue. It makes it easier to crap out halfway through a workout when you are not really there mentally. Tend to focus on the tiredness and soreness instead of what you really need to be intent on, your workout.

Yeah, get motivated.

R3d

R3d

Awards
Thanks for the suggestions...

2500 calories. Are you cutting? You gotta eat more my friend.
Still cutting. Won't be bulking until mid/late summer.

Post your diet up and your weight, height. Are you getting enough sleep? How are your stress levels?
No stress. 7-8 hours of sleep.

Diet will be up tomorrow (hopefully with my log of DCP if I get it by then).

Sounds like more of a mental focus/motivation issue. It makes it easier to crap out halfway through a workout when you are not really there mentally. Tend to focus on the tiredness and soreness instead of what you really need to be intent on, your workout.

Yeah, get motivated.
Yes, jon, I'm just lazy and me feeling physically drained is all in my head:FUfinger:
I was actually fully energized when I first started. Had plenty of motivation too. Both of which have been slowly declining in the last week.

East1600Plus

East1600Plus

Awards
  • Established
2nd this...also look into just taking some anti-oxidants to help with those pumps..yes the pumps feel great but lactic acid also fills up your muscles causing the soreness and your muscles giving out sooner than you would like...so BCAA's + anti-oxidants will help you greatly

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
2nd this...also look into just taking some anti-oxidants to help with those pumps..yes the pumps feel great but lactic acid also fills up your muscles causing the soreness and your muscles giving out sooner than you would like...so BCAA's + anti-oxidants will help you greatly
Quick learner heh!

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
Yes, jon, I'm just lazy and me feeling physically drained is all in my head:FUfinger:
I was actually fully energized when I first started. Had plenty of motivation too. Both of which have been slowly declining in the last week.
:duel:
Feeling a bit sensitive there are we? Maybe there is sand in your vagina and that is causing all the problems.

BTW, That's Mr. Jon to you.

On a more serious note,I didn't say you were lazy, I was just alluding to the fact that with waning motivation/focus it is easier to crap out in the middle of workout. Your the one that mentioned that your energy and motivation have been declining.

Switch up your routine. Who knows maybe your doing too much. Post up your workout.

Under Repair

Awards
Did you say you have only been lifting for a month?....if so thats why you are tired the s**t is hard man. You gotta put time in and develop yourself. Maybe I misread what you said but, if I didnt I just gave you your answer free of charge.