Need help picking a pre-workout supp

1. LTX

Question Need help picking a pre-workout supp

I tried searching around here and other forums for this info but I am getting tired so I'll just go ahead and ask. Can anyone reccomend a pre-workout stimulant with the following characteristics:

1. no creatine
    2. not wholly dependant on caffeine

Let me explain. I seriously need to cycle off creatine for 1-2 months so whatever I take I don't want to have even trace amounts of it. I got NO-Xplode for the first time a few months back and I really like the energy boost I get from that. Not all of it feels caffeine based too, as I don't get all jittery. Basically it is a clean reliable boost and that is what I want. Why not keep taking NO-Xplode then? Well, one reason is the creatine (although I realize it is only 1g in NO-Xplode, but still) and the other is I don't seem to respond to the NO boosting part of it which is what the supplement is for anyway, right?

Can someone actually give me some insight into this? I don't get anything in the way of the crazy pumps that people report with NO stuff, at least not from NO-Xplode. Is it common that people not respond to it? I've tried anything from 1 to 2 to 3 scoops and no pumps. But anyway, back to the topic.

For this creatine off cycle I am also going to be using bulk Taurine for the first time. I realize a lot of these products seem to have varying amounts of Taurine in them so I figured I'd mention that.

Thanks for helping me out with these questions. I've had my basic supplementation down for quite a while but these funky stims and NO stuff is all new to me.

2. LTX

Also, let me mention that this is going to be used on a cut, albeit a conservative one. I keep seeing threads here on Stim-X. Is that something I should look into?
  3. Registered User

stimulant x is a really good pre workout supp it helps me get in the zone....its like speed....kids are actually starting to break the capsules and snort it from what i hear....apparently has a lot of the same affects as cocaine lol
    •   

4. Registered User

SuperPump250 seems to give me more of a pump then NOxplode. And I do not believe it contains creatine. I could be wrong. I am currently out so I do not have a bottle sitting around.

I feel the same way about NOxplode. I have just continued to use up what I have and move on.

Chad
  5. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Chad07xle
    SuperPump250 seems to give me more of a pump then NOxplode. And I do not believe it contains creatine. I could be wrong. I am currently out so I do not have a bottle sitting around.

I feel the same way about NOxplode. I have just continued to use up what I have and move on.

Chad
    SP 250 has creatine. d-malate, and mono. Very good pre-wo supp though.

I will recommend Basic cuts, and Amp. 1st ranked is BC, as it's a lot cheaper, secondly I would put in Amp as I feel both are worth a good try, and are very effective. I was using both one time, to get through my leg days. Very good products.
  6. Registered User

I thought it might.

thanks
  7. LTX

Quote Originally Posted by jjohn
    SP 250 has creatine. d-malate, and mono. Very good pre-wo supp though.

I will recommend Basic cuts, and Amp. 1st ranked is BC, as it's a lot cheaper, secondly I would put in Amp as I feel both are worth a good try, and are very effective. I was using both one time, to get through my leg days. Very good products.
    Thanks, I'll look into those as well. Any reason why you recommend them over Stim-X?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. do you need to cycle off of creatine? /pre workout supp?
    By theBIGcactus in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-28-2010, 02:17 PM
  2. Opinions on various pre-workout supps needed...
    By JudoJosh in forum Supplements
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 08-26-2009, 07:37 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-10-2009, 01:43 PM
  4. Pre workout supp help
    By wolverines in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-15-2008, 03:11 PM
  5. Need help with my post-workout supps/nutrition
    By Im Pretty Big in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2