Where can I find injectable SOD?

• Thread starter washingtonirvin
  • Start date

washingtonirvin

Awards
SOD (superoxide dismutase) is a powerful antioxidant. It can offer major benefits to anyone experiencing oxidative stress.

On this site, Iron Warrior and Ersatz have made posts that seemed to indicate that they possessed injectable SOD. I have just upgraded to Gold, so I can't email them yet. Should they answer my question, I think the rest of you should be filled in too, since others have expressed interest in sourcing the stuff.

SOD is legal and very powerful. It has been widely studied by medical scientists. Of course, these scientists use the real thing: injectable SOD. They don't use Glisodin, an oral SOD preparation that is advertised all over the web. Whereas a mountain of research supports the efficacy of the injectable version, the studies behind Glisodin are but a few grains of sand.

Other oral versions of SOD are decidedly worse. They offer no claim of their product's bioavailability. Actual science suggests that free SOD has an oral bioavailability of 14%. (Entrez PubMed. So far as I know, no scientist has bothered to squander perfectly good free SOD by administering it orally. This doesn't stop the Vitamin Shoppe, Solgar, Source Naturals, or Solaray from selling it!

So we have a disconnect on our hands. The medical community uses a highly effective injectable version of SOD, consumers have free SOD to ingest orally (which may work nearly as well as placebo), and the Vitamin Shoppe, Solgar, Source Naturals, and Solaray can capitalize on their ignorance by selling it to them. I imagine that consumers would be none too happy if they learned how little they were getting for their money from these companies. Glisodin may be a better bet, but the jury is still out on that one.

Those companies treat me like I's some type of ignoranus! But I's not.

Would injectable SOD consist of making an injection out of one of the aforementioned companies' supplements? Or is there a better source of SOD that eludes me?

Where can I find injectable SOD?

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
Is it legal in injectable or powder form (to be reconstituted) for human use? Or are you talking "research chem" legal...