Recommendations for the newb

R3d

R3d

Awards
Since my other thread got jacked :study:

I am looking for some form of supplement to help me improve my cardio performance as well as helping me lose body fat.

I am new to supplements, and other than whey, I know nothing. So please provide details with the supplements/lingo recommended.

I do like the looks of Citrulline Malate- though, I don't know if it promotes fat loss? Perhaps SciVation Xtend?
Maybe something as simple as stimerex?

Enlighten me.

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
ZMA would be one suppliment, zinc is depleted from exercise and most guys can benefit from some extra supplimentation, it also helps boost testosterone naturaly.

Also fish oil, it has been shown in clinical trials to promote fat loss when used in conjunction with cardio.

HairyLarry35

Awards
ZMA would be one suppliment, zinc is depleted from exercise and most guys can benefit from some extra supplimentation, it also helps boost testosterone naturaly.

Also fish oil, it has been shown in clinical trials to promote fat loss when used in conjunction with cardio.
These are staples which should be in your day-to-day life. I would recommend RPN's DCP for an extra boost of energy as well as a fat burner. Read the write up posted on the main page.

HL

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
I've read quite a few studies showing caffine to help in cardiovascular activity...

Eightpak

Eightpak

Awards
You can try a thermogenic which will give you more of a boost but also help with fat loss.

R3d

R3d

Awards
These are staples which should be in your day-to-day life. I would recommend RPN's DCP for an extra boost of energy as well as a fat burner. Read the write up posted on the main page.

HL
Can I get a link? Can't seem to find it

cable626

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
hey R3d, how are your eating and sleeping habits??
I know for me if I dont eat well and get enough sleep then I can't do cardio at all. Hell I can't function in day to day life.

I think, because of your age, you should concentrate on diet and recovery, before turning to supplements. I'm sorry if I sound like an ass, but trust me there's nothing like getting the basics down as soon as possible.

If you are going to take a supplement however, I wouldn't recommend anything more than a caffeine pill pre-workout. Keep it simple, and best of luck!!!!!

HairyLarry35

Awards
Could I get results from DCP without a stack?
Definitely! But keep it mind, this will only slightly work in your favor. It's not a magic pill or anything... diet and exercise will be the major factors (as anybody on AM will tell you).

Check out the logs. I'm starting mine tonight.

HL