BCAA's

psycho

psycho

Awards
What BCAA's do you take?

I am currently usung twin labs Amino Fuel and have always liked it..

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
What BCAA's do you take?

I am currently usung twin labs Amino Fuel and have always liked it..
I am currently using Xtend. Very good taste, as well as improved recovery.

JJC

Awards
  • Established
Bulk BCAAs and Bulk Glutamine.

But in the past, I've used BCAA+G from MRM...it has a lemonade flavor and tastes pretty good. I would definitely recommend it if you're looking for a BCAA + Glutamine mix with flavor. There isn't that much glutamine in it though. And the way that has been recommended to take it is by just throwing it to the back of your mouth then taking some water to swallow it down. I guess it doesn't mix very well, but that also ensures that you're getting everything into your body instead of leftovers in your mixer.

Have heard good things about Xtend tho...but whatever is cheapest per gram of BCAA cuz they should all be the same!

glsa17

Awards
  • Established
Scivation Xtend, AI Excell, Xtreme Formulations ICE, Primaforce Primal EAA, Controlled Labs Purple Wraath, bulk BCAA and bulk EAA. All excellent. It just up to personal preference.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Do bulk BCAA's mix well with creatine shakes or protien shakes? Not just the mixing but the flavor is what im asking...

scott72

scott72

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Do bulk BCAA's mix well with creatine shakes or protien shakes? Not just the mixing but the flavor is what im asking...
Yep they do. I mix mine with my shakes and have no probs..Flavor won't be that great cause BCAA's taste nasty, but thats not why we take em right?

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I use world size caps. For the price I have no problem with theres.

Stay Puft

Stay Puft

Avant Research Guru
Awards
  • Established
Solubility is relatively poor aswell it seems, in addition to the horrible taste. I haven't flavoured bulk BCAA's, but I hear that it is a challange.

What are people buying in bulk using to mask the taste?

psycho

psycho

Awards
Is there any reason that you would need to come off BCAA's for a few weeks, or can you take them non stop?

JJC

Awards
  • Established
The taste of bulk bcaa is not that bad. There are worst tasting supps out there. If you put it in your protein shake and just shake the bottle well and continue to shake between sips, it will mix fine.

You can always just man up and toss it to the back of your mouth, then swig some water or juice with it.

Juice would probably be the best alternative...or some crystal light mix or something like that....never had to try that tho.

Stay Puft

Stay Puft

Avant Research Guru
Awards
  • Established
Is there any reason that you would need to come off BCAA's for a few weeks, or can you take them non stop?
Non-stop is suggested. However, if your budget can't support year-round usage than limit its use to cuts.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Crystal Light, for the WIN

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
Bcaa stack by Universal, I tried Purple Wrath by Controlled labs and could not choke it down I still have a full container minus one serving if anyone wants it.

designgray

designgray

Awards
I got a question ?

How come everyone is recommending powders ?
Not knockin' it, just curious.

Most cats I know (including myself) rock with the tabs.
Animal / Unversal and Now.

Do you all think that the powders are better absorbed ?

glsa17

Awards
  • Established
What are you asking for it?

Bcaa stack by Universal, I tried Purple Wrath by Controlled labs and could not choke it down I still have a full container minus one serving if anyone wants it.

2fresh

2fresh

Awards
I bought a Kilo of BCAA a while back ago and it works fantastic. The mixability is a bit challanging, the taste isn't too good at all, and a definate flavor system is needed..

I put about 5 tablespoons into a old gatorade cotainer, 3 scoops of flavor system from Nutraplanet and fill it up with water. Shake like crazy for a while and bam there I go...Alot of the stuff settles at the top so I add a little more water...really helps...In the end it tastes like a really good not over sugared koolaid

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
I got a question ?

How come everyone is recommending powders ?
Not knockin' it, just curious.

Most cats I know (including myself) rock with the tabs.
Animal / Unversal and Now.

Do you all think that the powders are better absorbed ?

Not sure but perhaps because some people take 20 - 50 grams a day and might not want to swallow that many pills.

CROWLER

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
gl, Pay for the shipping and you can have it.

2fresh

2fresh

Awards
I really think that most of us don't need to take any more pills then we are already.:)

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
Send me a im and I will let you know how to get it. I gotta go to an appt now I'll see ya'll monday.

Stay Puft

Stay Puft

Avant Research Guru
Awards
  • Established
The reason powders are prefered is two-fold. The amount required for tangable gains and secondly price.

peece

peece

Awards
  • Established
The reason powders are prefered is two-fold. The amount required for tangable gains and secondly price.
What is a figure for tangible gains in your opinion? I have been thinking about adding BCAAs to my supplements but I question the correct dosage. This would be on top of the BCAAs we recieve from our protein powders correct? I guess a guy would consume his BCAAs before or after a workout to aid positive balance.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
For solubility, mix them a day in advance. I mix Exceed (or whatever BCAA I happen to be using) into water bottles I save a dozen or so at a time and store in the fridge. That way you always have a convenient portable source ready.

ultraman

Awards
  • Established
anabolic innovations Excell
good price and mix well in water:woohoo:

zbtboy

zbtboy

Anabolic Innovations Rep
Awards
  • Established
What is a figure for tangible gains in your opinion? I have been thinking about adding BCAAs to my supplements but I question the correct dosage. This would be on top of the BCAAs we recieve from our protein powders correct? I guess a guy would consume his BCAAs before or after a workout to aid positive balance.

I personally like to get 15grams just from my Excell, and then get the rest from my whey shakes. All-in-all I'm consuming anywhere from 30-40grams just from those two sources. I have no clue how much I'm getting through the foods i eat.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I consume BCAAs during workout, as well as when I get up during the night to pee. Probably the equivalent of 30-40 grams a day lately.

donk

Awards
If your have the time mix the BCAA powder around 20-30mins before u wanna drink em in room temperature water and they should be disolved just fine.

About 40mins before i go to gym i mix 15g of Bulk BCAA,drink 20mins before i leave then mix another 15g in the same shaker to take with me.

peece

peece

Awards
  • Established
I consume BCAAs during workout, as well as when I get up during the night to pee. Probably the equivalent of 30-40 grams a day lately.
dsade, you are always there when we need you. Yup, I think I will mix em in with my workout drink thankyou. european, imapean, everyones apeon

glsa17

Awards
  • Established
Send me a im and I will let you know how to get it. I gotta go to an appt now I'll see ya'll monday.
Big BAMA since I am not a GOLD member I am unable to IM or email. I would like to take you up on your offer. Is there another way to contact you? Thanks.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Glsa17 - I sent Big Mama a PM of the post above just as an FYI.

glsa17

Awards
  • Established
Glsa17 - I sent Big Mama a PM of the post above just as an FYI.
Thank you very much. I really appreciate it. I am in the process of becoming a gold member. Seems well worth to me.

glsa17

Awards
  • Established
Just signed up. I believe my name should turn from green to yellow with in the next 24 hours. Thanks again stxnas and Ziricote.

Big BAMA, I should be able to IM you sometime Monday.

Stay Puft

Stay Puft

Avant Research Guru
Awards
  • Established
Anywhere from 15-40g has been recommened, and definately consume during the workout window.