supps 4 athletic improvement

choke5050

Awards
Hello all
I asked a question last week regarding taking only an estrogen blocker to help with strength gains, what would anyone reccomend to improve overall recovery from high intensity exercise,intervals some days liftin others, and not enough sleep on some days so forth. Im slantin my trainin toward strength/size. Currently i only take multivit, vit c, fish oil. I had taken jungle warfare with no results. Thanks in advance

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That's quite a range of benefits you're looking for, there: sleep, recovery...do you want something to help you sleep, or something to drive you through workouts when you're tired?

Powerfull will aid sleep, sleep aids recovery, how about that? It raises GH and test, according to USP. (It probably also washes your dishes, but never mind :rolleyes: ). I'm taking it and I like it.

MAN Clout aids strength and recovery like crazy. It's the best creatine I've ever tried. Add in 75gr citrulline and you're a recovery machine. Makes you stronger, too, and boosts endurance.

Activate/RR is good for strength and test levels. I'm taking it with PowerFull, and like the combo a lot.

And, for pure stim impelled strength, IBE Matrix with half a serving of stizm made me push wicked weight. Matrix isn't out yet, but x-Force is. A cap of X'Force and a cap of Stizm will blow your mind.

xcendo

Awards
First get your sleep sorted out, then look into supplements for speeding your recovery. Bump on Clout, but BCAA/EAA's are unparalleled for recovery. Look into Primal EAA, AI Excell, and Scivation Xtend. In my opinion, they're took expensive to be staples, but really worth it for 2-6 week periods of atypically intense training.

choke5050

Awards
thanks a ton for the recommendations. sleep is always gonna be a problem i work 7p-7a 4-5 times a week. i had tried zma to help me sleep and will probaly do so with my next order, will also try powerfull and clout now too thanks. sorry my question was so general. yall gave the answer i was lookin for though.
later

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
tell your doctor about it. You can get some ambien and it will help you develop a sleep pattern. I personally can sleep anytime of the day and I like youself am a nocturnal worker. You just need to get used to sleeping during the day. Get some dark curtains and black out your room if that helps.

beast69

beast69

Awards
you say you want athletic improvement...letting us know which sport you are looking to improve in may help us to give you better suggestions :cool:

Beta-alanine may be a good thing to look into

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
And, for pure stim impelled strength, IBE Matrix with half a serving of stizm made me push wicked weight. Matrix isn't out yet, but x-Force is. A cap of X'Force and a cap of Stizm will blow your mind.
mmmmm stiiiizzzmmmm. stizm is potent, almost like an adrenaline rush. That will definately help in the energy/strength department

choke5050

Awards
hello
again thanks for the recc. piston i actually sleep whenever i lay down too i just dont/cant schedule enough sleep between shifts. my activity is judo and i usually train 2-4 times a week the other days i either straight lift 5x5 style, circuit train with oly lifts, or high intensity cardio/intervals. i mix it up to keep things fresh and also on time at hand.
thanks in advance
i'm leaning towards zma(since it made my sleep feel deeper in the past) and clout or activate depending on when/how you take them, i still have to check that out

ray sausage

Awards
:thumbsup: protein powders and L glutamine for recovery is what big ray recomends. also you cant go past a good creatine suplement to help increase overall performance.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
:thumbsup: protein powders and L glutamine for recovery is what big ray recomends. also you cant go past a good creatine suplement to help increase overall performance.
L-glutamine has never been shown to increase athletic performance. It is much more beneficial to supplement with BCAAs and citrulline malate (e.g. Xtend or Excell). Taking rhodiola or bacopa will help with relaxation and better quality of sleep. If you are working as much as you, then good sleep is more important than any supplement.

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
what the hell? big ray giving out some sort of normal advice!

personally i find melatonin a great addition to a great nights sleep as long as its not over used but in moderation

also L-Tryptophan is awesome for sleep and will be sold soon at nutra planet

spirulina and barley grass is a great additon to alkalising the body from acidic build up from diet and excercise IMO

Last edited:

ray sausage

Awards
L-glutamine has never been shown to increase athletic performance. It is much more beneficial to supplement with BCAAs and citrulline malate (e.g. Xtend or Excell). Taking rhodiola or bacopa will help with relaxation and better quality of sleep. If you are working as much as you, then good sleep is more important than any supplement.

Get your facts right brother, big ray said L glutamine is good for recovery not to increase performance. big ray started using about 10 grams of L glutamine a day and have noticed huge improvements in recovery from workouts.:study: :squat:
:goodpost:

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Trua alpha's don't need help recovering cause nothin wears them out in da first place.

BTW: Better recovery = better performance

That being said, orally ingested glutamine is worthless. It is a non essential amino. Your body makes it. Just eat food.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
L-glutamine has never been shown to increase athletic performance. It is much more beneficial to supplement with BCAAs and citrulline malate (e.g. Xtend or Excell). Taking rhodiola or bacopa will help with relaxation and better quality of sleep. If you are working as much as you, then good sleep is more important than any supplement.[/QUOTE

Get your facts right brother, big ray said L glutamine is good for recovery not to increase performance. big ray started using about 10 grams of L glutamine a day and have noticed huge improvements in recovery from workouts.:study: :squat:
:goodpost:
L-glutamine doesn't help with performance or recovery. Non-essential aminos are not going to make a huge difference in performance or recovery. Perhaps you should peruse articles that aren't in Flex magazine.

Last edited:
bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
L-glutamine doesn't help with performance or recovery. Non-essential aminos are not going to make a huge difference in performance or recovery. Perhaps you should peruse articles that aren't in Flex magazine.
Rodja, bro you might as well not even try to argue with Big Ray, he treats everything like a big joke, he is never serious and he never offers, nor does he have the knowledge to offer any useful information to the forums. Just given you the heads up :thumbsup:

choke5050

Awards
Holy s
tahnks for all the replys. think i'm goin with the zma,clout and a bcaa. i already use a good protein powder and melatonin. I'll give it all about 6 weeks trial. i'll let yall know how i make out.
thanks again this place is always good for pickin up solid info.

glsa17

Awards
  • Established
I lift and play soccer. Clout, citrulline malate, BCAA/EAA and a energy drink (Gatorade or Revenge Sport) have made a difference.

CDONDICI

Awards
  • Established
Holy s
tahnks for all the replys. think i'm goin with the zma,clout and a bcaa. i already use a good protein powder and melatonin. I'll give it all about 6 weeks trial. i'll let yall know how i make out.
Good luck, update this thread wiht the results.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Holy s
be sure to pick up a 75gr bulk citrulline tub and mix it in with your clout.

glsa17

Awards
  • Established
Poison got me into Clout. It is awesome. I don't know why more people don't use it. I just received another bottle tuesday. It is worth a try. Just as long as you use it as directed. You with notice it with one bottle. But if you give it the time and use two bottles the full effect will be noticed. Each bottle has 50 servings.

glsa17

Awards
  • Established
Nothing. Just spreading the words of Poison. Man, I said it before and I will say it again, MAN Sports should pay you for all the free publicity and positive endorsment you give their products. If it wasn't for you I probably would not have even considered Clout. Thanks again. It is a solid product. A staple supplement for me a long with citrulline malate and BCAA/EAA's.

xcendo

Awards
Yo poison, do you find that adding citrulline to Clout improves the taste?

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
Rodja, bro you might as well not even try to argue with Big Ray, he treats everything like a big joke, he is never serious and he never offers, nor does he have the knowledge to offer any useful information to the forums. Just given you the heads up :thumbsup:
I agree 100%.

As far as recovery goes. Citrulline Malate rocks the house from my experiences. I'm anxious to try bulk powerfull.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yo poison, do you find that adding citrulline to Clout improves the taste?

Thanks, glsa! I have no idea why clout isn't more popular. It kills every other creatine product out there.

xcendo, it doesn't effect the taste one way or the other. Not sure if you know this, but Clout was reformulated pretty recently. It tastes better, though still not 'tasty', and it has ALCAR and a different form of phosphates. More goodies, in other words. The new flavor is less caustic battery acid and more cinnamon/banana/bubblegum. :lol: It's better, for sure.