Need some supplement advice...

HDeuce7

HDeuce7

Awards
Right now I am hooked on the Animal products. I am taking Animal Pump, Stak2, and Pak. I have gotten pretty good results, but I am wondering if there are some better supplements out there. I am lifting 5 times a week, 1 muscle group per day and doing cardio 4 times a week. I would appreciate any advice on new supplements or if I should stick to the ones I am taking.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Right now I am hooked on the Animal products. I am taking Animal Pump, Stak2, and Pak. I have gotten pretty good results, but I am wondering if there are some better supplements out there. I am lifting 5 times a week, 1 muscle group per day and doing cardio 4 times a week. I would appreciate any advice on new supplements or if I should stick to the ones I am taking.
Let me tell ya, you didn't experienced a lot. I have taken M-Stak, as well as the pak, and the BCAA thing.. Nothing comparable to what I am about to tell you.

Here are some supplements that worked for me, and beleive me, I tried a lot of them ;)

Creatine/NO:
SizeOn (Best one. Period)

Testosterone, mass builders...
Jungle Warfare by ALRI
ActivAte by Designer supps
Symmetry by USP labs
Ecdysten
X-Factor ;)

Multivitamins:
NOW ADAM, or Daily Vits if you are on XF

Protein, BCAA's
Scivation's XTEND
I love Cytosport's whey
Sustain by Designer Supps

Hope that helps.

Good luck!

HDeuce7

HDeuce7

Awards
Thanks for the advice jjohn. I have been reading info about supps like halodrol liquidgels, liquid anodrol, d-bol, winn-v, etc. on their respective websites. Are any of these or the cycles they suggest with their different products worth trying?

sogone2day

sogone2day

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the advice jjohn. I have been reading info about supps like halodrol liquidgels, liquid anodrol, d-bol, winn-v, etc. on their respective websites. Are any of these or the cycles they suggest with their different products worth trying?
These are garbage! especially since they are probably
SDI LAB products you were looking at.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Well, I have to suggest you one of those. I haven't tried, but reviews on it look awesome. Halodrol Liquigels. Please do a little research on them, and you'll see they're very interesting ;)

HDeuce7

HDeuce7

Awards
I have been doing some research on JW, ActivAte(AA), Bad Ass Mass (BAM), Restore, and SizeON since i read your reply to my post. I saw the stack you were starting on your log. How is that stack working for you. Would you recommend stacking the JW, AA, BAM, and SizeOn or something else. I am trying to loose about 9% of body fat and put on a lot of muscle.

gymrat5713

gymrat5713

Awards
I have been doing some research on JW, ActivAte(AA), Bad Ass Mass (BAM), Restore, and SizeON since i read your reply to my post. I saw the stack you were starting on your log. How is that stack working for you. Would you recommend stacking the JW, AA, BAM, and SizeOn or something else. I am trying to loose about 9% of body fat and put on a lot of muscle.
Before you start all of that. How are your test levels? Your age? Plus w/ those supplements 9% bf loss is alot and u want to gain ALOT of muscle? U can't have the best of both worlds. Sense u want alot on both then choose one or the other. If instead u decide maybe some fat loss while gaining a couple pounds, well then that would deffinately be easier then alot of both.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Before you start all of that. How are your test levels? Your age? Plus w/ those supplements 9% bf loss is alot and u want to gain ALOT of muscle? U can't have the best of both worlds. Sense u want alot on both then choose one or the other. If instead u decide maybe some fat loss while gaining a couple pounds, well then that would deffinately be easier then alot of both.
Exactly what i was thinking....9% bf!????! yeah right haha sorry bro but that will take some hard work and different type of supplements (ephedra, clen comes to mind). Choose what you want to do first. How much BF% are you anyway?

JW, BAM, SizeOn, whey protien, multi v, and a quality diet would be a great start if you just want to have help getting muscle, but diet determines everything!

HDeuce7

HDeuce7

Awards
Thanks for all the advice. Right now I am 17% bodyfat as of this morning and that is down from 20% a month a go. My diet is pretty clean. I am eating a lot turkey, whole wheat bread, and veggies for lunch; fish, chicken, lean steak, veggies, brown rice, and salads for dinner; protein shake or turkey sandwich, or fruit smoothie for a snack; and cerea or eggs and a protein shake for breakfast. Of the two different avenues to approach, loosing bodyfat or gaining muscle, which one should I choose first to do.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If I were at 17% I would be trying to lose fat and gain small amounts of muscle while doing so, then when i hit say....12-14% then I would bulk while trying to stay under 15%. I think anything over 15% BF is just too much IMO. Im Trying to get to the size I want while staying below 13% BF then when I get to that size in LBM then I hope to drop down below 8% or so and maintain there.....at least that is the plan lol

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Well, if you actually eat very clean, and often, (8 times a day), IMO, you could do a clean bulk and lose fat (slowly) as well as gain muscle (pretty fast). Since I have my trainer, I lost some fat, about 5 pounds, and gained overall 3 lbs. This means that I actually did both at the same time. Of course you will not "melt" fat fast, and might not reach 7% bf, but you'll actually gradually gain muscle, and this is called recomp. Be very dedicated, and you could actually do it :)

So far, I never did a stack of that kind (huge like that), but I tried individually all of them on there(except BAM, and SizeOn), so far it's working great, and don't forget I am on day 5 only. :lol:
Oh, and AA and lean Xtreme is a very effective recomp stack. Look into this as well ;)

HDeuce7

HDeuce7

Awards
Thanks for the advice. So should I stay in the 8-12 rep range while I am trying to use the body fat?

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the advice. So should I stay in the 8-12 rep range while I am trying to use the body fat?
Well, I am staying in 6-10 reps. Increasing strength = more muscle = burn more fat, even at rest. So the more you have muscle, the more you burn calories. do 6 reps of a certain weight, and don't increase until you can do 10 reps of it in perfect form.

FarangJaiDee

FarangJaiDee

Awards
jjohn, for NO products, SP250 - is it a good choice?
I just ordered it anyway.
:confused:

FarangJaiDee

FarangJaiDee

Awards
Exactly what i was thinking....9% bf!????! yeah right haha sorry bro but that will take some hard work and different type of supplements (ephedra, clen comes to mind). Choose what you want to do first. How much BF% are you anyway?

JW, BAM, SizeOn, whey protien, multi v, and a quality diet would be a great start if you just want to have help getting muscle, but diet determines everything!
:goodpost:
what a coincidence! I am trying to stay below 15% and gain some LBM too. :hammer:

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
jjohn, for NO products, SP250 - is it a good choice?
I just ordered it anyway.
:confused:
Yeah, it's still a pretty good choice bro! I was just way too interested in CG that I am trying SizeOn instead ;) Don't forget that SP250 is more kinda stimulant/pre wo supp, and SizeOn is more during/post workout. They both would go well together IMO.

Good luck ;)

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
May I interject? I hate to rehash the same tired advice, and believe I really do, however I feel it is warranted in this case.

Stop taking all supplements for one month, seriously, all supplement besides your most very basic necessities. While 'necessity' is a very subjective term in this sense, for you we will put a soft cap on this term being constituted by Whey, EFAs, Creatine of your choice, Multi.

Now, during this one month, or hopefully immediately before it, read a book on nutrition in fact read several. Go on the boards and search for posts made by Alan Aragon, Layne Norton, etc., Learn how to specify and create a diet beyond just general cleanliness, and eating chicken and beef. Figure out in what amounts and combinations those foods work for you, so, and this is what this rant is all about, you will know what your body's natural range of tolerance is for fat loss. Then you will know in what areas you need the most assistance and can further tailor your supplement regime to assist you in your weaknesses.

While I doubt you will do this, it was worth a try and I really hope you try it out.

bigstabile

bigstabile

Awards
  • Established
Good post Mullet! Too many people want to run before they can crawl. Get the basics down before you start throwing your money away into supplements. Once you figure out how to make you diet work for you, you'll figure out what supplements are actually worth taking.

And for God's sake, please stop using the "Animal" line. That stuff is the worst. All of their products are way way way underdosed and way way way overpriced. They sucker people in with the whole animal image. Just because you take their multi-vitamin isn't going to make you into some uber-intense workout machine.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
May I interject? I hate to rehash the same tired advice, and believe I really do, however I feel it is warranted in this case.

Stop taking all supplements for one month, seriously, all supplement besides your most very basic necessities. While 'necessity' is a very subjective term in this sense, for you we will put a soft cap on this term being constituted by Whey, EFAs, Creatine of your choice, Multi.

Now, during this one month, or hopefully immediately before it, read a book on nutrition in fact read several. Go on the boards and search for posts made by Alan Aragon, Layne Norton, etc., Learn how to specify and create a diet beyond just general cleanliness, and eating chicken and beef. Figure out in what amounts and combinations those foods work for you, so, and this is what this rant is all about, you will know what your body's natural range of tolerance is for fat loss. Then you will know in what areas you need the most assistance and can further tailor your supplement regime to assist you in your weaknesses.

While I doubt you will do this, it was worth a try and I really hope you try it out.
Good post. This was all assuming that diet was in check. I am lucky, I got a professional natural bodybuilder as a trainer that lay everything I have to eat as well as training for optimal results. Supplements are, as the name indicates, supplements and should be used for the edge. It's been repeated on and on, but people still need to know.

GOOD POST

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established

Hey man, this is the best advice you could ever receive right now. I thought it was so on target. My biggest breakthrough in my training happened when I totally revamped my diet, with the help of Alan and others. I know it seems like it gets repeated and repeated (the whole diet thing....ugghhh), but there is a reason for that. ;) GL Man.

HDeuce7

HDeuce7

Awards

Thanks for the advice. For the past 5 months I have been trying to read a lot about tuning in my diet, but there is so much info, advice, opinions, etc. out there it is hard to figure out where to start. I am all about filling my head with the best knowledge so I can figure out the best program for me. Could someone recommend a good nutrition and diet book. I have been reading some of the posts by alan aragon and it has opened my eyes to some things. I am new to this site as of a week ago and have learned many good pieces of knowledge. I will greatly appreciate anymore helpful knowledge you all can provide me.

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the advice. For the past 5 months I have been trying to read a lot about tuning in my diet, but there is so much info, advice, opinions, etc. out there it is hard to figure out where to start. I am all about filling my head with the best knowledge so I can figure out the best program for me. Could someone recommend a good nutrition and diet book. I have been reading some of the posts by alan aragon and it has opened my eyes to some things. I am new to this site as of a week ago and have learned many good pieces of knowledge. I will greatly appreciate anymore helpful knowledge you all can provide me.
Hey buddy, if you want, you can hit me up on AIM-(mattdubiin)
If you don't have it, it is very very easy to download. After you get it, send me an IM and we can go from there.

mwkcronin

Awards
I started using the Thermolife product E0-bol about 2 months ago. Received some strength gains, and got leaner with a bit more vascularity.

Also, the Gaspari's SizeOn does work well. Xtend is an amazing product as well. My order from NutraPlanet has not arrived yet in regards to the AP, and will be "VERY HONEST" with my review.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I started using the Thermolife product E0-bol about 2 months ago. Received some strength gains, and got leaner with a bit more vascularity.

Also, the Gaspari's SizeOn does work well. Xtend is an amazing product as well. My order from NutraPlanet has not arrived yet in regards to the AP, and will be "VERY HONEST" with my review.
was the ebol worth it?

what type of size on did you use? tabs or powder? gains?

looking forward to your review of AP, its kind of expensive to me.

mwkcronin

Awards
Sure, not a problem regarding the E-bol. Lets see, you are to take 2 pills 3 times a day, and the bottle contains 190 capsules.

Have been taking the product while dieting for an April BB show. Now, when I up my carbs and protein, (normal for putting on size-filling out) the increase in weight is dry rather than gaining fat.

Now, I am taking the Nutrex brand creatine as well, but now by body pretty well now. Also am on the Animal Stak 2 as, and when starting the E-bol the most noticeable difference was my recovery and my staying-getting leaner.

My diet is right on in terms of macros, and do not do loads of cardio. This is certainly not hardcore supp, but again did notice a difference in terms of looking more vascular and some strength increase.

Am going to check in regards to cycling the product as well.

workin2005

workin2005

NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
Awards
  • Established

Great advise...although I would put "Poseidon" in the necessity category as well ;-)

If you choose to follow it, you'll be amazed at what you find out about your body and how it responds to certain substances. I would encourage you to outline and journal your diet and exercise program throughout this time. This will take much of the guess work out of it and help keep you focused and driven. You'll be surprised what you learn by simply forcing yourself to keep track of the number of calories, and type of calories you consume daily.

I commend you for being open to Mulletsoldier's suggestion...Good luck!

Workin