This Herb Boost T-Levels also

O

Oswizle

Awards
J Reprod Dev. 2006 Dec 20; :

[Pubmed] [Scholar] [Select] [Drop] [Hide] [Show]

Effect of Daily Treatment with Thai Herb, Kaempferia parviflora, in Hershberger Assay Using Castrated Immature Rats.

Hataitip Trisomboon, Gen Watanabe, Phongphat Wetchasit, Kazuyoshi Taya

The aim of the present study was to investigate the testosterone-like effect of Kaempferia parviflora (KP). Castrated immature rats were randomized and divided into two groups (control and KP-treatment groups). The rats (n=7-8) were treated daily for 5 days by oral route with water in the control group and 1,000 mg/kg of KP in the treatment group. All rats were decapitated 24 h after their last dose, and then blood samples were collected for assay of serum FSH, LH, testosterone, progesterone, and corticosterone levels. The seminal vesicles plus coagulating glands, ventral prostate, levator ani muscle plus bulbocavernosus muscle, glans penis, kidneys, and the adrenal glands were collected and weighed for organ wet weight. Body weight and weight of food intake were recorded throughout the study period. The results show that relative body weight gain in the KP-treatment group was significantly increased 24 and 48 h after the first dose (P<0.05) and then was indistinguishable from the control group. There were no significant differences in the relative reproductive and non-reproductive organ weights between the groups, although all organ weights, except for the glans penis, tended to increase in the KP-treatment group. The serum testosterone levels were significantly increased in the KP-treatment group. There were no significant differences in the serum FSH, LH, progesterone, or corticosterone levels between the groups, even though the serum progesterone level tended to increase and serum LH level tended to decrease in the KP-treatment group. The present study indicates that KP has no testosterone-like effect on reproduction in male rats.

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
Just looked for this stuff. The first place I went, they were sold out. Looks like a good plant. Keep up the digging, I love learning about super plants.

Edit: Google Black Galingale. Check out the first place listed. I don't think they'll ship to the US. Confusing.

Last edited:
prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Interesting site Mach. Seems like everytime I turn around there's another t boosting herb that's just been discovered.

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
I've got another one for you. Great stuff, not sure what the minimum purchase is. Also check out their Google search window. Type testosterone, muscle building, fat loss etc... You'll be there awhile reading. Go to front spice list in the lower left hand corner first. You have mail.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Giving a gram of this stuff to a lab rat is a pretty hefty dose on a mg/kg basis.

Did they have to mention the decapitated them? I mean come on. Poor ****ing rats.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Decapitated?, lol castrated my friend, its early, too early. lol

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
LOL i had two hours sleep last night and i am obviously still sleepin a bit. Castrated and decapitated sounds like a bad day.

Mass_69

Mass_69

Awards
  • Established
I'm confused... The rats were castrated, yet had an increase in T levels?? Maybe I don't understand the anatomy of rats, and the route to T production is different than humans.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That is kind of confusing, LH works on Leydig cells in the testes to produce testosterone, so measure an increase in t in castrated rats is kinda of funcky there may be a diffrent path for t synthesis. I know that females can increase t production through LH working on Theca cells in ovarian follicles then diffuse to granulosa cells and undergo conversion to estadiol, so if they took samples from female mice and did a study on theca cell t levels it may be relevent.
I don't know, most studies with mice are just that.... studies with mice.

Mach, I couldn't get anything to pull thru that link.