Fish Oil Relieves Neck & Back Pai

dannyboy9

dannyboy9

Banned
Awards
  • Established
More than 85 percent of the population suffers from back pain at one time or another. The treatment of choice for most people is rest and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). Unfortunately, NSAIDs cause gastrointenstinal problems in some people and may trigger heart attacks and strokes in others. Researchers from the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center found that fish oil supplements reduced back pain as well as NSAIDs. Fish oil contains omega-3 fatty acids that have anti-inflammatory effects on joints and tissues. Subjects took 1.2 to 2.4 grams of fish oil for 75 days. The study was poorly controlled, so the results may have been attributed to the power of suggestion. Other studies found that glucosamine and chondroitin supplements also help relieve joint pain. Taking those supplements with fish oil may have additive effects in treating or preventing back pain.

(Journal Surgical Neurology, 65:326-331, 2006)

workin2005

workin2005

NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
Awards
  • Established
Fish oil is a great supplement for so many things....joint pain, healthy liver, cholesterol, reduction of Body Fat, mental acuity, etc...
I've found, for me anyway, when I start to get joint pain, heavy doses of Flax Oil seem to work best to relive the pain...it's cheap as well ;-)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Punkrocker Male Anti-Aging Medicine 8
Supplements 37
CATdiesel76 Supplements 16
Dustin07 Supplements 22
GreenMachineX Supplements 19