Can testosterone boosters cause hair loss?

Mariner07

Awards
I'm worried that a testosterone booster can cause hairloss. Because I know that testosterone can get converted into DHT which will cause hairloss. I just don't know if a test booster can cause a significant enough boost that it will do that. Can anybody help me on this one?

East1600Plus

East1600Plus

Awards
  • Established
I'm worried that a testosterone booster can cause hairloss. Because I know that testosterone can get converted into DHT which will cause hairloss. I just don't know if a test booster can cause a significant enough boost that it will do that. Can anybody help me on this one?
from what ive heard no1 has had any side effects of hairloss...on any test booster but i could be wrong (im taking NHA stack at the moment no hair loss here!)

Mariner07

Awards
Can you clarify or someone else clarify what supps are in this NHA stack please? Thank you.

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
the nettle root will help block the dht but if you just take an anti e your dht levels will go up with your test levels.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is a great thread....I love the nh stack by DS.The bulk powder (nettle root) is just as good to me...Tastes like sh!t though.What are some oppinions as an anti E to go along with this.Ive done and tried them all.Currious as to what others think...

Mariner07

Awards
So something like activate that contains nettle root would be a good product to take then hey. Maybe I'll just try some basic nettle root extract first. It's way cheaper and then try the activate stuff.

Are there any other products that are suppose to block DHT? I'd really like to know of any please.

cage

Awards
mariner 07 , wastedwhiteboy is right , any time u raise test levels in the body u will increase dht cant have one with out the other. i to am pron to mpb and dont like the idea of losing what little i have but u must deside if increse of test is worth it or not.lol lol lol unfornatly any thing that suppresses dht will effect test levels too. just my op.:run:

swoody

swoody

Awards
  • Established
Personally, I tried ActivaTe by Designer Supps and I did experience some hairloss... more so than when I ran Superdrol! Why, I don't know... it could be that even though it simply creates more circulating free test, testosterone is much more androgenic than Superdrol, and even a slight increase in free test could cause hairloss due to the conversion to dht for those sensitive to it... this has just been my experience with it, but I have read elsewhere on here that others who ran ActivaTe had some shedding too...I know its SUPPOSED to block dht, but when 1AD came out it was SUPPOSED to not cause any hairloss until people started giving feedback on it... it could be due to some unknown pathway, but all I know is it happened with me and a few other people on this board. Topical Spiro might help

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
If it is good testosterone booster that actually does boost testosterone, then yes, it can increase hair loss.

If it is like 90% of "testosterone boosters" that have very little impact on testosterone, then no, it will not increase hair loss.

The NHA stack definitely increases natty test (as evidenced by testers' bloodwork), and I'd bet my house that it also increases DHT significantly and thus will increase hair loss if used long-term by people prone to MPB. If this is a concern, take finasteride to reduce conversion to DHT (and probably elevate test even further).

swoody

swoody

Awards
  • Established
There are a HELL of alot more effective and cheaper products out there. There are a million and 1 hair products out there like the one you found, all with great before and after pics and SEEM cool... but they all charge an arm and a leg, and very few truely work well. The few products out there that are scientifically proven and known to work are finasteride, dutasteride, minoxidil (which I would not recommend... if you start taking it, your on it for life) nizoral 2% shampoo and topical spironolactone 5% cream (get it from a reputable company... some forms of spiro can go systemic instead of just staying in your scalp, which you DON'T want...). All other products out there contain some form of those ingredients, or a combination of them.... just with a much heftier price tag. Also, the Lazer Comb has actually scientifically been shown to re-grow hair due to increased circulation... you can find it for pretty cheap... I got mine for 50.00 and it works great. Good luck

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
For hair loss, the pharmaceutical options (Propecia/finasteride and Rogain/minoxidil) are really the most effective options. They can sometimes have side effects, especially the Propecia, but if you want to stop or possibly reverse hair loss then you should try one or both.

I actually work in the supplement industry, so I'm not a "pharms only" person and generally support natural alternatives. But in this area, the supplements just aren't as good as the drugs.

Mariner07

Awards
Yea definately thank you for your advice. So I'd need a scrip for this finasteride stuff?

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
Yea definately thank you for your advice. So I'd need a scrip for this finasteride stuff?
Well you can buy liquid finasteride as a research chem, which a lot of people do. But frankly, it's so easy to get a script for it that you might as well if you have health insurance. Just go to your doc and say "I'm losing my hair" and he'll say "Here's your script."

I believe finasteride in 1mg pills (Propecia, for hair loss) is still under patent, so there's no generic, which means it could be pricey depending on your insurance. But I know there's a generic of Proscar, the 5mg finasteride pills used for BPH. If your insurance won't cover the Propecia, most docs will be happy to write you a script for generic Proscar instead (to save you money) and you can just cut the pills into quarters.

You should read up a little on finasteride before taking it, though. At 1mg daily, it suppresses DHT levels by about 30%, which will help your hair but for some people can lower libido or have other anti-androgenic effects.

If you have very short hair than minox (Rogaine) works pretty well too and is less likely to cause side effects. But if you have longer hair than applying it is really a pain, IMO.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yess i shredded on a test booster more than with any legal steroid ive taking.

Never again will i take something like 6-oxo, or nolvadex xt, i think there called an atd, anti armoa or whatever.

also they supress libido

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to TeamSavage again.

I shave my head every 2-3 weeks so my hair is very short but im only 22 and im on a test eq cycle right now and my hairline is recedding and around the hairline it is really thinning out. I believe MPB is in the genes, what would be best for preventing even more hairloss as im not even half way through the cycle yet? Topical Spiro? Nizoral? propecia?
I remember seeing a link on a good reputable company site that sells these things....

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
theres a threa by BIG VUNGRa that tells it all. I forget the name of it but its a long thread. Might be a sticky. Go there

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
theres a threa by BIG VUNGRa that tells it all. I forget the name of it but its a long thread. Might be a sticky. Go there
Yeah, I know about that. I was hoping to get my question answered here. I think Spiro would be the best actually for my situation.

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
I shave my head every 2-3 weeks so my hair is very short but im only 22 and im on a test eq cycle right now and my hairline is recedding and around the hairline it is really thinning out. I believe MPB is in the genes, what would be best for preventing even more hairloss as im not even half way through the cycle yet? Topical Spiro? Nizoral? propecia?
I remember seeing a link on a good reputable company site that sells these things....
I really don't know much about Spiro so I can't say. I've used Nizoral on-cycle and it definitely helps with itchiness; whether this translates into reduced hairloss, I don't know.

Since you shave your head every 2-3 weeks (like me) then I would definitely recommend picking up some minox. It takes about 5 seconds to spray on twice daily and works well. I use it everyday.

As for the Propecia, you might want to consider using it at least on this and all future test cycles. The conventional wisdom is that once you start, you have to keep using it forever. This holds true for "normal" folk, who have relatively stable DHT levels, but doesn't necessarily apply for juicers. Even if your hair doesn't fall out too much when you're off-cycle, a test cycle will dramatically increase DHT levels and thus cause or increase shedding while on-cycle. As such, you can use Propecia on-cycle to help "normalize" DHT levels and prevent any excessive shedding due to the test use. (And on-cycle, it's less likely to hurt your libido.) The same is true for minox, but minox is so cheap, easy, and side-effect free that I just assume use it indefinitely.

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
yess i shredded on a test booster more than with any legal steroid ive taking.

Never again will i take something like 6-oxo, or nolvadex xt, i think there called an atd, anti armoa or whatever.

also they supress libido
for me, 6OXO does anything BUT suppress libido.

(i dont like it when posters assert things as facts when they are just personal experiences and have no real factual basis)