The aqueous extract of Fadogia agrestis stem increased blood testosterone?

Oswizle

Awards
Title: Aphrodisiac potentials of the aqueous extract of Fadogia agrestis (Schweinf. Ex Hiern) stem in male albino rats.
Author: Yakubu MT , Akanji MA , Oladiji AT
Source: Asian J Androl, 7(4): 399-404 2005

Abstract: AIM: To evaluate the phytochemical constituents and the aphrodisiac potential of the aqueous extract of Fadogia agrestis (Rubiaceae) stem in male albino rats. METHODS: The aqueous stem extract of the plant was screened for phytochemical constituents. Male rats were orally dosed with 18 mg/kg, 50 mg/kg and 100 mg/kg body weight, respectively, of the extract at 24 h intervals and their sexual behavior parameters and serum testosterone concentration were evaluated at days 1, 3 and 5. RESULTS: Phytochemical screening revealed the presence of alkaloids and saponins while anthraquinones and flavonoids are weakly present. All the doses resulted in significant increase in mount frequency, intromission frequency and significantly prolonged the ejaculatory latency (P 0.05) and reduced mount and intromission latency (P 0.05). There was also a significant increase in serum testosterone concentrations in all the groups in a manner suggestive of dose-dependence (P 0.05). CONCLUSION: The aqueous extract of Fadogia agrestis stem increased the blood testosterone concentrations and this may be the mechanism responsible for its aphrodisiac effects and various masculine behaviors. It may be used to modify impaired sexual functions in animals, especially those arising from hypotestosteronemia

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
I've been trying to source this in bulk all day with no luck.:blink:

I've been trying to source this in bulk all day with no luck.:blink:

I actually been in contact with the general of the study. He is close to isolating the Exact compound. What I been told is that the plant is abundant in his village.

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
I actually been in contact with the general of the study. He is close to isolating the Exact compound. What I been told is that the plant is abundant in his village.
I am so not friggin' surprised! With the addition of a standardized extract of this to your line of other products...You guys would further seperate yourselves from the supplement pack.

Oswizle

Awards
its already out in a product that supposed to be limited in stock...that guy Anthony Roberts put it out...This stuff stacked with the new Herbal Products from AX and ALRI might be really lethal if this stuff all lives up to the hype..I hope it does :)

Mach .78

Mach .78

Awards
  • Established
Oh, Anthony Roberts. Don't get me started on him. Cough, my signature,cough.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just read the full article and it seems this compound is a dose dependent one. I.E. the more taken the greater the increase in T. Seems very interesting.

pu12en12g

pu12en12g

CONTROLLED LABS CONSULTANT
Awards
  • Established
FYI:

Myogenx

Supplement Facts:
Serving Size: 1 capsule
Servings per container: 90

Fadogia Agrestis: 500 mgs
Vitamin E: 200 mgs
Zinc 15: 15 mgs

Recommended Dosage: Take 1 capsule 3 times per day.

The Hypothalamic-Pituitary Testicular Axis & Testosterone

Your body has within it a system of glands that secrete substances internally. This is known as your endocrine system, and it includes the Hypothalamic-Pituitary Testicular Axis and Testosterone.

That phrase is a mouthful, but what it basically comes down to is that inside your body is a system of hormones which help us build muscle, get stronger, and burn fat... and the most beneficial hormone for helping us reach these desired effects is our primary androgen, or male sex hormone; the beloved testosterone. Androgens, like testosterone, are substances with the ability to develop and maintain male sexual characteristics. However, the thing that interests bodybuilders and athletes is that in addition to maintaining male sexual characteristics, testosterone also aids in building muscle as well as burning fat.

How does your body actually produce testosterone? To understand how MyoGenX can really ramp up your test production, we need to look at how the body produces testosterone.

Did you know that testosterone is synthesized from cholesterol. Cholesterol is converted into testosterone by something called the Leydig Cells, which (in men) are located in the testes. During this process, Gonadatropin Releasing Hormone (GnRH) is released in increasingly large amounts from the Hypothalamus, in turn causing the secretion of Luetenizing Hormone (LH) from the pituitary. Last of all, the male gonads (testes) are stimulated by this hormone (LH) causing a glorious burst of anabolic goodness as testosterone is released into the body.

The primary ingredient in MyoGenX is a sterol that was originally studied for it’s potential as an aphrodisiac. Interestingly, and it was found to be useful because it exerts its pro-sexual effects by increasing your LH levels, which in turn increased testosterone levels in the study:

Studies have implicated the saponin component of plants in enhancing aphrodisiac properties due to its androgen increasing property (6). Saponins present in the aqueous extract of this plant might have assisted in stimulating an increase in the body natural endogenous testosterone levels by raising the level of leutinizing hormones (LH). This LH released normally by the pituitary gland helps to maintain testosterone levels; as LH increases, so does the testosterone (6). The increase in testosterone seemed to have translated into the male sexual competence observed in this study. Furthermore, this study suggest that the aphrodisiac action may be mediated through a change in the blood testosterone level.

This mystery ingredient in MyoGenX is one that has never before been seen in a bodybuilding supplement. It’s called “Fadogia Agrestis” and it has been used in traditional medicine for years in Nigeria to treat erectile dysfunction and lack of sex drive. Recently, a new study published in the Asian Journal of Andrology examined Fadogia Agrestis, and determined that it worked by dramatically increasing your testosterone levels. But, unlike anabolic steroids, Fadogia Agrestis won’t provide an unnatural boost in testosterone levels that competes with your own testosterone production, instead, it actually elevates your testosterone level naturally by first elevating your Luteinizing Hormone (LH). As I mentioned earlier, in the male body, LH is the hormone which signals the release of Testosterone and once LH levels are elevated, Testosterone levels soon increase as well.

Fadogia Agrestis, at a dose of 18mgs/kg were shown to provide a 200% increase in testosterone! The recommended daily dose of MyoGenX will provide exactly the amount of Fadogia Agrestis used to increase your testosterone by 200%. And MyoGenX is the only product currently on the market which makes use of this cutting edge herb. In fact, there are only 220 bottles total in the whole world.

Here’s an excerpt from a study of Fadogia Agrestis (found only in MyoGenX ):

The administration of various doses of the plant extract resulted in a significant increase in serum testosterone concentration throughout the period of administration (P < 0.05). The various doses (18 mg/kg, 50 mg/kg and 100 mg/kg body weight) produced two-, three- and six fold increases compared with the control by the end of the experimental period.

The second ingredient in MyoGenX is Vitamin E, which helps support natural endocrine function, as it also plays an important role in the pituitary-gonadal axis. Supplemental Vitamin E has been shown to not only support hormonal function and act as an anti-oxidant, but has also been demonstrated to have testosterone increasing effects of its own.

And the final ingredient in MyoGenX is Zinc. When Zinc is not consumed in adequate levels, the body produces reduced amounts of LH and consequently testosterone. In fact, hypogonadism (decreased natural testosterone production seen following a cycle of anabolic steroids) can actually result from not having enough Zinc in the diet. Dietary Zinc levels also positively correlate with levels of testosterone in the body, which essentially means, the more Zinc in your body, the higher your levels of testosterone typically will be.

Taken together, these three compounds can help increase your testosterone level using the 3-point attack of a potent sterol, a vitamin, and a mineral, and will help provide both natural athlete as well as the post steroid cycle athlete with ideal support for their testosterone levels. And we all know that we need to make the most of our testosterone levels if we want to build (or hold on to) as much muscle and strength as possible.

Each bottle of MyoGenX contains 90 capsules - enough to last 4 weeks. There are 500mg of Fadogia Agrestis, 200mg of vitamin E, and 15mg of zinc in each capsule. And you take 3 caps a day with meals. The active ingredient, Fadogia Agrestis, does come all the way from Nigeria after all.

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
What I heard is that AR is finally reformulating this removing the zinc (was too much) and hopefully the vitamin E too.

E-Swift25

Awards
Doesn't anyone notice that the results achieved in the studies were much higher than the standard dosing protocol?

Ok, at 18mg/kg, that equals out to about 1600mg/day for a 200lb guy. A 200% increase in testosterone is decent, but it might not be that significant to more advanced athletes.

To achieve the 6-fold increase, you need to take 100mg/kg! That equals out to about 9 grams a day. 18 tabs if you counting. That dose will approximately use 6 bottles a month.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Doesn't anyone notice that the results achieved in the studies were much higher than the standard dosing protocol?

Ok, at 18mg/kg, that equals out to about 1600mg/day for a 200lb guy. A 200% increase in testosterone is decent, but it might not be that significant to more advanced athletes.

To achieve the 6-fold increase, you need to take 100mg/kg! That equals out to about 9 grams a day. 18 tabs if you counting. That dose will approximately use 6 bottles a month.

This is true, but what if we added in some synergystic ingredients, such as enzyme and SHBG inhibitors?

Skigazzi

Skigazzi

Awards
  • Established

Those figures are from a rat study, human equivalency dosing for rates to humans is about 6 - 1, so a rat taking 18mg/kg = a human dose of 3mg/kg.

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
This is true, but what if we added in some synergystic ingredients, such as enzyme and SHBG inhibitors?
This was my thought, exactly! While it seems that, on paper, mega doses would be needed, I've been following logs on other boards and people are reporting VERY favorable results using, up to, 6 caps a day. Not to mention that a guy was using it on cycle to reduce testicular atrophy, which he accomplished. Then there was another guy that used it as his only PCT and had great results as well.
Will it replace AAS? No. Is it the best natty test/libido booster I've seen or read of...so far, well YEAH! I can't wait til my friends (AM board sponsors) get this stuff. Especially a concentrated extract. I'm sure the minds here will find a way to make it a better supp than it already seems to be.

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
anyone seen bloodwork?
Yeah. One user posted bloodwork and it showed like an almost 10 fold increase. He was low previous to using and then he got to the low side of normal after using for a short time. IIRC. I would link it but I don't think I'm allowed.

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
the word going around on this product is it is a scam because this herb is not being produced in bulk anywhere in the world. and if it was found it would be to expensive to sell as a supplement. what is strange is that 15 or so big company can not find it anywhere. so why would someone like anthony roberts and a small company such as protein factory be the only ones with connections to africa to find this herb? think about it there is only one research artical on this herb and only one company in the wrold that sells it?
IBE...this is coming from me... I have no sort of loyalty to AR, and in fact as far as RCs I have never bought from anyone other than Innovative...seriously, just let it go please, those of us who read the boards regularly know what is going on here and it just looks bad for you. try to be the bigger man/(men)..especially here where u are a sponsor and he doesn't even post as far as i know

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
the word going around on this product is it is a scam because this herb is not being produced in bulk anywhere in the world. and if it was found it would be to expensive to sell as a supplement. what is strange is that 15 or so big company can not find it anywhere. so why would someone like anthony roberts and a small company such as protein factory be the only ones with connections to africa to find this herb? think about it there is only one research artical on this herb and only one company in the wrold that sells it?
I think we found the active component that is causing the testosterone boost now all we have to do get a high purity form....
I thought you guys already sourced it?:think:

wideguy

wideguy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'll gladly do a test on both.

I like AR and at the same time like IBE.

Check my posts the only side I'm on with both IBE and AR's back and fourth is the side that they settle their difference's in private or on proper forums. IE. the trash talking/venting forum.

needtogetmuscle

needtogetmuscle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
stem cell extract. And yes they have it. HMMMM

350zTT

350zTT

Awards
  • Established
I ended up taking advatage of the great deal NP had on T-force not too long ago so we will see if this stuff is legit or not. I have read quite a few good reviews regarding T-force so I hope it won't let me down.

Natty, I am right there with ya regarding man supps. Love their clout and body octane...haven't tried primal male but the ingredients look good. And don't you love how they actually tell you the exact amounts of each ingredient in their products....not the whole "propiety blend" thing commonly seen nowadays.

Stevensavage

Awards
Those figures are from a rat study, human equivalency dosing for rates to humans is about 6 - 1, so a rat taking 18mg/kg = a human dose of 3mg/kg.
I would love to see a source to the 6 - 1 ratio

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
As far as Fadogia Agrestis goes, I have been using a product called HCGenerate that contains it.

I am pretty pleased with it. Both in libido support and function. Great to add in pct or even the tail end of a ds cycle.

Contains 1000mg of FA per serving.

Profile is as follows-
HCGenerate:Supplement facts
Serving size: 5 capsules x 30 servings per container.

Fadogia Agrestis.................1000mg
Fenugreek PE (50% testofen).....1000mg
3,4 Divanillyltetrahydrofuran....500mg
Bulgarian Tribulus Terrestre: 500mg
Vitamin E.......................200mg
LJ:100..........................100mg
Zinc............................7mg

willib

Awards
  • Established
i use the orotine regular and have used blueprint which i liked also.also hooked some working buddies up with at2,which is good too.

Skigazzi

Skigazzi

Awards
  • Established
andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
As far as Fadogia Agrestis goes, I have been using a product called HCGenerate that contains it.

I am pretty pleased with it. Both in libido support and function. Great to add in pct or even the tail end of a ds cycle.

Contains 1000mg of FA per serving.

Profile is as follows-
HCGenerate:Supplement facts
Serving size: 5 capsules x 30 servings per container.

Fadogia Agrestis.................1000mg
Fenugreek PE (50% testofen).....1000mg
3,4 Divanillyltetrahydrofuran....500mg
Bulgarian Tribulus Terrestre: 500mg
Vitamin E.......................200mg
LJ:100..........................100mg
Zinc............................7mg
Used and loved it!

rob211080

Awards
It is in bioforge promax aswell i have 2 bottles of it ready to go..

Supplement fact per 2 caps

Coleus Forskohlil(20%forskolin)200mg
Fadogia Agrestis PE 1000mg
7 methoxyflavone(indofine certified)100mg
Cholecalciferol-vitamin D 1000iu

Thats the amounts per 2 caps but you take 3 caps a day so add another 50% on to each amount.

Hope it works and will keep you guys posted.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It is in bioforge promax aswell i have 2 bottles of it ready to go..

Supplement fact per 2 caps

Coleus Forskohlil(20%forskolin)200mg
Fadogia Agrestis PE 1000mg
7 methoxyflavone(indofine certified)100mg
Cholecalciferol-vitamin D 1000iu

Thats the amounts per 2 caps but you take 3 caps a day so add another 50% on to each amount.

Hope it works and will keep you guys posted.

like the website says:

Coleus Forskohlii (20% forskolin, HPLC tested) - 300mg

Fadogia Agrestis PE (Chromadex certified) -1500mg

7-methoxyflavone (Indofine Chemicals certified) -150mg

Cholecalciferol (Vitamin D3) -1500UI

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
This Stuff is expensive :grumpy:
Just a tad over the norm(40-50) in my book for a 30 day supply.

Guys are paying 50 bucks for bioforge, and HCGenerate at the very least is comparable.

You can get 15% off by using needto139 at checkout.:bigok:
30 days supply at 5 caps(which is more than enough from my usage) for 55 bucks.

Alot cheaper than some of the stuff selling around here.

Quality is top notch, if you havent used it, dont dismiss the power of a great formula with the highest quality raws.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just a tad over the norm(40-50) in my book for a 30 day supply.

Guys are paying 50 bucks for bioforge, and HCGenerate at the very least is comparable.

30 days supply at 5 caps(which is more than enough from my usage) for 55 bucks.

Alot cheaper than some of the stuff selling around here.

Quality is top notch, if you havent used it, dont dismiss the power of a great formula with the highest quality raws.
I Never heard about this company "Quality is top notch" maybe later i give a test.:veryhappy:

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just used bridge from these guys, and it was good stuf.

I have a bottle of hcgenerate, but I'm not sure when I want to use it. I have a hard time believing it is going to help on cycle. I just cant grasp my mind around that.

hmmm...decisions, decisions.....

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Interesting no one has come out with bulk source of Fadogia yet :(

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
As far as i know, now only one company can get pure fadogia extract.... guess who?