BCAA's

A

axekick

Awards
Do you guys think that BCAAs are stable in water. I want to try mega dosing. Since I already try to drink my gallon of water a day I just thought I could mix 40 or 50 grams of BCAAs with my gallon and take 'em in all day.

bigstabile

bigstabile

Awards
  • Established
Yes, you should be fine. I believe they sell liquid bcaas.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
They'll be stable for the time it takes you to drink them in a day.

I would love to see some feedback on massive dosing of BCAAs like this.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
They'll be stable for the time it takes you to drink them in a day.

I would love to see some feedback on massive dosing of BCAAs like this.
I'm not sure on the dosing D, but a member named PFunk47 had been doing a log such as that somewhere around here.

D

djl

Awards
  • Established
Does anyone actually fill up a gallon plastic jug (like they have milk in at the store) with water, then add their BCAA to that jug?

If so, how on earth do you clean the insides of those things (incredibly narrow top)? I'd imagine they'd get pretty nasty after awhile...

SMOKEPALADIN

SMOKEPALADIN

Awards
  • Established
I just buy the gallon jugs of water ($.89) and just throw it away, then fill the next one, if you want to recycle the same jug, just run super hot water into it a couple of times for cleaning.

D

djl

Awards
  • Established
Heh, never looked at the cost, didn't realize they were only $.89!!

And with TP having BCAA at roughly $20/pound, it's STILL cost effective :)

I just buy the gallon jugs of water ($.89) and just throw it away, then fill the next one, if you want to recycle the same jug, just run super hot water into it a couple of times for cleaning.

A

axekick

Awards
I use the same water jug for a long time. I fill it with filtered water everyday. I will probably have to replace it more often if I start adding supps. I've never used BCAA's but if I do it I'll do it big. I think this is the standard dose used for megadosing. Maybe I'll make a log if I do it. My schedule is just sporadic, however I think I know myself well enough to notice any effects.

D

djl

Awards
  • Established
whats TP??
Eh... I'm new here, am I allowed to tell him? Don't wanna cause a ruckus...

(getjacked, it's a non-board-sponsored company, that's why the hesitation--I appreciate what anabolic minds is doing here, so don't wanna step on any iToes).

G

getjacked63

Awards
  • Established
Eh... I'm new here, am I allowed to tell him? Don't wanna cause a ruckus...

(getjacked, it's a non-board-sponsored company, that's why the hesitation--I appreciate what anabolic minds is doing here, so don't wanna step on any iToes).
alright, yeah i thought you might be saying NP (nutraplanet). im sure i can figure it out though.

thanks

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
alright, yeah i thought you might be saying NP (nutraplanet). im sure i can figure it out though.

thanks
Actually, right now we are selling the BCAAs for the equivalent of $15 a pound ($29.99 per kilo)

D

djl

Awards
  • Established
Actually, right now we are selling the BCAAs for the equivalent of $15 a pound ($29.99 per kilo)
Will you ever offer a choice of flavor systems/sweetners? I know you just got these up, and kudos to you! But BCAA without a good masking flavor system are.... eh.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We have the BSL flavorings, and I am working on getting some natural, antioxidant flavorings in place.

bigstabile

bigstabile

Awards
  • Established
We have the BSL flavorings, and I am working on getting some natural, antioxidant flavorings in place.
I didn't know you guys had flavor systems! I'll have to pick some up, I have a **** load of plain protein powder!

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You should try the Plain flavoring system. It is plainly delicious.

Kris4153

Kris4153

Awards
  • Established
if you want to recycle the same jug, just run super hot water into it a couple of times for cleaning.
Isnt that the exact opposite of what you would want to do?!?! Cheap plastics release toxins when exposed to extreme heat. Im not saying your boiling water and pouring it down but I would just throw it away in a recycling bin to be safe.

M

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Does anyone actually fill up a gallon plastic jug (like they have milk in at the store) with water, then add their BCAA to that jug?

If so, how on earth do you clean the insides of those things (incredibly narrow top)? I'd imagine they'd get pretty nasty after awhile...
I use a half gallon jug. I use VERY HOT water and rinse, rinse, rinse, rinse. then drink water form it the rest of the day. Occasionally i'll throw it in the diswasher. It probably doesn't do too much about the inside, but it gets the rim plus the lid and the heat helps.

M

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Just found these people who make glass jugs in various sizes: Specialty Bottle - Glass & Plastic Bottles Jars Vials Tins Other Containers

price seems reasonable, and you can't go wrong with glass (unless you drop it, of course). They also have plastic.
I can see it now, you drop the container and it shatters!!!

You get pissed not because your container broke and there is glass all over, but now you have no idea how much water you drank that day and you wasted about 50g of BCAA!!!!

DISASTER!!!! :D

D

djl

Awards
  • Established
I can see it now, you drop the container and it shatters!!!

You get pissed not because your container broke and there is glass all over, but now you have no idea how much water you drank that day and you wasted about 50g of BCAA!!!!

DISASTER!!!! :D
And then have your friends making fun of the big, strong, manly weight lifter dropping an itty, bitty, tiny lil' bottle :D

D

djl

Awards
  • Established
......and crying! :)
There's no crying in body building!

There's tears of joy, tears of frustration, tears of plates dropped on your foot, tears of that b*^ch spotter who's more interested in making eye contact with the general population than being a spotter, tears...

Oh, who am I kidding?! We burly men cry all the time. And that b*^ch better start paying attention to ME, or I'll claw his eyes out!!

:D

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
I use a Bcaa powder in my before during and afterworkout drink. I am curious about what megadosing will do. Let us know what happens.

D

djl

Awards
  • Established
I use a Bcaa powder in my before during and afterworkout drink. I am curious about what megadosing will do. Let us know what happens.
I seem to recall a number of megadosing logs for Xtend awhile back. Those should give you a good idea on what to expect (though, of course, Xtend is a bit more than only BCAA).

Personally, I'm going to be trying a few servings during fasted AM cardio and see what happens to strength during a calorie restricted diet. I might adding sipping on it throughout the day, and then using a few servings before and during weights at night.

Should be interesting :)

D

djl

Awards
  • Established
....and expensive!

GOOD LUCK!! :D
With the sales going on, and bulk also available at the NP, might not be all THAT expensive, compared to other solutions.

Thanks, hate dieting, so I'll need the luck, hehe.