Cappers

BigBenn

Awards
I know you mentioned cappers in another thread. I havn't a clue how to do anything when it comes to orals, I need to broaden my horizon. I hope you can get a cheap one here.

Monte Cristo

Awards
That is neat! I was reading at bb.com
about a substitute for NO2, basically
3grams of arginine twice daily with
orange juice. Some are using capsules
and others loose powder. I was going to try to make my own capsules, but the
process looks laborious. That device may
help.

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established

That is neat! I was reading at bb.com
about a substitute for NO2, basically
3grams of arginine twice daily with
orange juice. Some are using capsules
and others loose powder. I was going to try to make my own capsules, but the
process looks laborious. That device may
help.
Before you do anything know this:

N02 is Arginine AKG (alpha ketoglucarate), NOT L-ARGININE...

Read This Page

Monte Cristo

Awards
I saw that, however, Icex999 at BB.com said he was getting results from what he was doing and had some posts arguing that l-agrgine could be effective.
<B>
"Icex999
Message Board King

I did some a little bit of research, and decided to fill you guys in. Here are some key points...

1) Free form arginine (particular the L-arginine) does not require digestion, and is taken directly up into the bloodstream. This shows that the AKG arginine really isn't that special.

2) Arginine can do more than increase NO. It can also cause great increases in HGH if taken on an empty stomach around 30 min prior to bed. Could make a good addition to your ZMA stack, for those of you taking it. Stacking it with Orthinine is recommended to improve this growth hormone effect.

Avoid stacking Arginine and Lysine as there is concern from some researchers that Lysine and Arginine mutually negate each other, such that the benefits of neither are full expressed. I didn't see any research supporting this theory of negation.

3) Arginine would make a great addition to creatine supplementation, because it is used in the body to create creatine, which might help prevent the supposed shut down of the body's natural creatine production after extended supplementation. Normal creatine synthesis in the body requires 2.3 grams of arginine daily [Guoyao, W.U., et al. (1998). Arginine metabolism: nitric oxide and beyond. Biochem J. 336:1-17.]

4) During the "2 Hour window" after vigorous exercise, in which the body's production of testosterone and HGH are higher, supplementing with arginine could lead to improved protein synthesis.

5) The toxicity levels of arginine are extremely high, so you don't need to worry about the 6 grams per day being dangerous.

6) Taking it with Vitamins B-3 and B-6 will help increase NO production.

7) Don't take it with protein (take it around 30-45 min. before a protein containing meal), as the other amino acids might decrease the priorization and utilization of arginine.

8) Arginine stimulates insulin mediated glucose uptake. This effect could lead to bigger fuller muscles, as more glucose is taken to the muscles. [Paolisso, G., et al. (1997). L-arginine but not d-arginine stimulates insulin-mediated glucose uptake. Metabolism. 46:1068-1073.]

9) Nitric oxide is involved in both strength increases after training and muscle repair that leads to muscular growth [Folland, J.P., et al. (2000). The influence of nitric oxide on in vivo human skeletal muscle properties. Acta Physiol Scand. 169:141-148.] [Anderson, J. (2000). A role for nitric oxide in muscle repair: nitric oxide–mediated activation of muscle satellite cells. Molecular Biol Cell. 11:1859-74.]

10) A study of mice found that arginine increased aerobic capacity in both nitric oxide–deficient and normal mice by increasing oxygen delivery to muscles. [Maxwell, A.J., et al. (2001). L-arginine enhances aerobic exercise capacity in association with augmented nitric oxide production. J Appl Physiol. 90:933-938.]"</B>

I have an order pending, with other stuff that I need, so I am going to try
and see fro myself. I have tried this
method of his with arginine obtain
locally at a higher price. My pumps are better and last longer but I also started creatine at the same time so
that may be the source of the pump.
I perceive that the pumps are better than past creatine pumps.

I think what I will try when I get the
arginine is to stop the creatine for a
couple of weeks and do the aginine
method only Ice describes and see what happens.

I suppose the best way would be to
try N02 at some point and compare
the effects. N02 would have to be dramatically better to justify the price. f

U of R Man

Awards
I remember reading that a while back...has anyone actually given this a try...I'm interested in hearing anyone's results who has done this...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
tunnelrat Supplements 10
General Chat 11
Supplies 3