Need Control

SrT4u2Nv

SrT4u2Nv

Awards
im tryin to diet and clean up my everyday eating. Its just im always so hungry. Im 220 6'2 not sure about bf% but its not the best. Im wondering if there is something that can curb ur appitiete thats works well and is strong. I used to weigh 340 in high school but dropped to 180 and now im gaining again. I jog twice a week and go the the gym and lift 4-5 times a week. My diet is decent. But not the best.

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
340? and you dropped to 180? You must have been a HYOOOOOOOOOOOOGE fat ass.

Jason Pegg

Jason Pegg

Awards
  • Established
im tryin to diet and clean up my everyday eating. Its just im always so hungry. Im 220 6'2 not sure about bf% but its not the best. Im wondering if there is something that can curb ur appitiete thats works well and is strong. I used to weigh 340 in high school but dropped to 180 and now im gaining again. I jog twice a week and go the the gym and lift 4-5 times a week. My diet is decent. But not the best.
Cleaning up your diet and keeping your blood sugar under control will help. Im guessing your diet is on the far side of decent, or you are eating way too much if you are having noticible fat gain. Perhaps both. I dont know. I would suggest starting there.

Jason

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established

HUGE congrats on the weight loss.

How did you do it? Where you hungry all the time then?

It seems most appetite suppresants are also stimulants so not really for night time use.

CROWLER

mymilkexpired

Awards
Maybe a glimpse into your diet could help too. Alternative meals to what your eating my help curb your 'cravings'.

Batesy

Awards
Hey mate,

How did you do it before? Look at what you did that worked and do it again (or parts of it as you don't need to lose as much now).

You've identified Diet, but sufficient cardio is also required.

from what you say "I jog twice a week" that really doesn't suggest to me that you are doing much...

"Run", 3 times a week, 3+ miles longer if you can and combined with your clean diet you'll get the results you're after I'm sure. Or swim / cycle hard and long.

Yes muscle is metabolic tissue compared to inert fat, but lifting alone isn't going to do it for you.

Batesy

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
I think he is looking more for something to stop his hunger more than a diet change.

I know some people say just tough it out or drink water but IMO that only works for so long and then you give into it. If you have never been hungry day after day you just don't understand what a pain it can be.

CROWLER

Batesy

Awards
If that's right, and he can't suppress / resist his hunger then all the more need for cardio to burn it off.

Or just fill up on veggies or something. Fill your gut with minimalest calories possible. (rather than pizza / burgers or all the other crap that he knows hes eating).

Batesy

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I think he is looking more for something to stop his hunger more than a diet change.

I know some people say just tough it out or drink water but IMO that only works for so long and then you give into it. If you have never been hungry day after day you just don't understand what a pain it can be.

CROWLER
Well,.. this may be the case, but it is only a band-aid.
Sure, he might loose some weight, but it's MUCH better to treat the ROOT of the problem, not a single symptom.
Considering that making adjustments to your diet (not as huge a task as you might think, ..start small) can acheive the same bennifits as supplementation in regards to always being hungry, THAT would be the place to start.
Then you won't have to go through bumping this thread again in about 6-8 months.
:frustrate :think: :food: :thumbsup:

phillyb

phillyb

Awards
I can relate to SrT4u2Nv. I used to weigh 300 pounds and eat whatever I wanted all day everyday. Now after dropping down to 180, and bulking back to 200, I'm constantly "hungry". But for me, I don't think I'm actually hungry. When I get bored or aren't doing something I feel "hungry". My mind keeps telling me I'm hungry, even though I know I'm not. Its pretty much because of my old lifestyle. I used to use food to kill the time, and now that I live a much more healthy lifestyle, it's still hard to kick that habit. I don't give into it anymore even though it's always there. I know when I'm hungry for real, or when I'm just bored and "hungry".

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
cAMPHIBOLIC curbed my appetite in a subtle way.

Never tried it, but hoodia is supposed to curb appetite really well.

Ephedra should too, though it makes me ravenous.

Caffeine, even, curbs appetite for some people.

And, it might be counter-intuitive, and I may be wrong, but adding something like olive oil or almonds to a meal will signal your body that you're full sooner than a high carb or protein meal alone.

Supa Freek 420

Supa Freek 420

E-BOLLER
Awards
  • Established
A diet high in fiber will help significantly.

ThermoLife Zappetite may be what you're looking for as well. :)

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
I will try to answer according to my own experience. I was fat when I was younger, and one day, I woke up, wanting to change my body. I worked moderately, and then progressively change my diet. There were a lot of bumps in the road that hit real hard, but you get tougher with time. I beleive that vegetables, and low GI carbs cut cravings big time. Organize your days, and prepare your meals a day ahead. That way, you will be proud of the effort you put into making the day's meals, and you will not want to screw it up. Buy fancy stuff once in a while, like a good lean steak, on the BBQ, with some brocoli, and spice it up with Mrs. Dash. Low sodium, protein rich, fiber rich meal. Satisfying, and after that, go take a walk. Or buy a dog, and make HIM walk, it might sound stupid, but it actually forces you to go outside and move. Limit the TV, as when you watch TV, the only thing you think about is eat. So cut it of, set yourself a limit, and play outside, work around the house, build something.

Good luck

SrT4u2Nv

SrT4u2Nv

Awards
ok thank you very much everyone. I really need to work on the urges and boredem issuses. I feel i do eat b/c im bored and not so hungry. I have good control, right now its not the best diet but its good. I was lookin for a sup to help me out but that would only be taking the short, tempory way out of it. Soon ill be on cycle w/ SD so i should just focus on that. Again thanks everyone

jet11

Awards
just change your lifestyle so theres less options to splurge. the better you eat, the less cravings follow you. when im at work, i have my desk surrounded by apples, bananas, etc. so when im hungry, i reach for one of them instead of crap. and chew gum, it gets flavor in your mouth w.o the cals

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
SrT4u2Nv, I am with you buddy.

If I could find something to kill my appetite I would LOVE it.

During the day I use ECA but at night I don't want a stimulant.

I need something to kill it at night. BTW if you are thinking I am a lazy bored fat azz with no will power my I have a 32" waist at 6' tall and very buzy :)

CROWLER

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Up your water, fiber and protein intake, and eat only low glycemic carbs, this will keep your full much longer. Also you mentioned your in school so i have no doubt you've got a good amount of stress, look into a cortisol blocker like Lean Extreme or Retain, this will reduce appetite.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
see a doctor and get your acid checked out. if you have acid reflux or to much acid in your stomach it will feel like you are hungry all the time, eating eases the pain so you will eat. not enough acid will cause same effect. if you lost that much weight the risk of ulcer is increased. its not a sure thing but definately worth a shot. getting treatment for acid reflux improved my life 10 fold...................