Ok all you stimulant wh*res...

faerieeyes3

faerieeyes3

Awards
So I know there's a bunch of you out there like me who reallly <3 their stims and have built a crazy tolerance, but experience withdrawal symptoms without some sort of upper.

So my question is: have any of you successfully cut out stims, if even only for a few months to build your tolerance back up? If so, how? Did you taper down or go cold turkey? Is there any foods/supps/exercizes I can do to minimize the withdrawal? I'm in college and work 3 jobs (one of which is with children) so I can't afford the massive headaches and fatigue.

Thanks!

dirtysouthmuscl

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Man I got off ephedra for 4mths couldnt find , Now I have it again and I have to take more to feel it. I thought it would have been less.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Wait til you get sick, then go cold turkey. You'll feel like ass anyway, and my even have time off, dunno what your situation is. Then dose up on nyquil/dayquil, and kill the monster on the spot. By the time you get well, you'll be over the withdrawl.

Works for me every time...

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
So I know there's a bunch of you out there like me who reallly <3 their stims and have built a crazy tolerance, but experience withdrawal symptoms without some sort of upper.

So my question is: have any of you successfully cut out stims, if even only for a few months to build your tolerance back up? If so, how? Did you taper down or go cold turkey? Is there any foods/supps/exercizes I can do to minimize the withdrawal? I'm in college and work 3 jobs (one of which is with children) so I can't afford the massive headaches and fatigue.

Thanks!
Why not try something like Basics cuts? It has caffeine it it however but I find the other ingredients really help ween me off
"stronger stims".

Roboe mentioned this to me in a chat we were having:

"There is a suggestion that PEA may work via the adrenergic receptors, but the effect is quite minimal. PEA yields a more energising/focusing type trance than a bounce-off-the-walls-with-clen-or-ephedrine effect. ..."

But if you need to cut down on ALL stims including caffein what I do is bring 1 cap of caffeine to work with me and only take it when I'm going nuts and then I have no more :)

Last edited:
jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
You have to cut the caffeine down slowly. I have to do it over a week or so. Down to maybe one can of diet soda on the last 2 days.

I'll get a slight headache on the first day off - but it's not massive like quitting cold turkey.

NO HYPE

Awards
  • Established

Thanks!

Your best bet is to avoid pre-workout supplements with caffeine if you are experiencing any kind of withdrawal. I say this due to the fact that caffeine is the only thing that I can think of, that would cause adverse effects such as the headaches that you are experiencing. I would suggest the taper method for your situation.

I use a non-caffeinated blend. I use it every time I exercise, and if I discontinue use, I do not experience any negative effects.

faerieeyes3

faerieeyes3

Awards
Wait til you get sick, then go cold turkey. You'll feel like ass anyway, and my even have time off, dunno what your situation is. Then dose up on nyquil/dayquil, and kill the monster on the spot. By the time you get well, you'll be over the withdrawl.

Works for me every time...
Can remember the last time I got really debilitated by sickness... I have a strong immune system. I'm thinking for the long weekend we get over thanksgiving break of trying the nyquil thing and just being useless. But I feel like subbing one dependence on a drug with another drug is a bad idea.

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Can remember the last time I got really debilitated by sickness... I have a strong immune system. I'm thinking for the long weekend we get over thanksgiving break of trying the nyquil thing and just being useless. But I feel like subbing one dependence on a drug with another drug is a bad idea.
Yes, it IS a bad idea,.. but honestly, if your really likn the stims,.. your not going to be "into" the downers too much.

Honestly, I have the same issue.
The getting sick (not like you can control it really ) idea, or stopping when your pretty sick (flu or better :thumbsup: ) is the way to go. The symptoms pretty much mimic withdrawls. Since your going to be sleeping anyways, you get to avoid the habbit of poppn' em, plus your going through withdrawl symptoms anyways...
You can basicly just quit cold after that.
The hard part is not relying on them again. And if your asking this, Im assuming were NOT talking strictly pre-W/O either :p

Whe./If ya go back on, of course you'll have a decreased tollerence at first. But it really doesnt take long to end up in the relhm of where you are now. Its NOTHING like the road you took to get where you are now,.. you'll get there (in both tolerence, relience and addiction) in a matter of days to weeks,... not months or years

Jason Pegg

Jason Pegg

Awards
  • Established
Ive heard that tyrosine really helps your CNS recover from stim addiction fairly quickly. I dont know a whole lot about it yet, Dsade might be able to help you with this.

Jason

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mine was replacing the stims with diet soda/coffee and then weened myself of those. Cold turkey didn't work at all and was actually very rough :)

I forgot how normal i could be without stims, hehe.

faerieeyes3

faerieeyes3

Awards
Mine was replacing the stims with diet soda/coffee and then weened myself of those. Cold turkey didn't work at all and was actually very rough :)

I forgot how normal i could be without stims, hehe.
No diet soda or coffee for me... very high PH doesn't bode well for Acid Reflux. Then again, the stims probably aren't good for it either, but coffee and diet cola are the WORST

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Taper down gradually then. Staying on stims too long burns out more than just your recpetors it can a host of other issues.

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
No diet soda or coffee for me... very high PH doesn't bode well for Acid Reflux. Then again, the stims probably aren't good for it either, but coffee and diet cola are the WORST

Awww maybe stay away from the Basic Cuts then I don't know if the Cayenne will bother your Acid Relfux.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
I tried them when I was losing the spare tires around my waist. I felt like vacuuming the ceiling. I hate speed. But coming off I had nausa. I try to stay away from heavy caffeine products. I hate the jumpy feeling and looking like a crackhead.
There are better stimulates out there that don't have ephedrine or caffine and those are the ones that work for me.

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
StimulantX by Anabolic XTreme is BY FAR the strongest stimulant supplement I have taken. It lasts all day (and I mean all day, like 12-16 hours). If I take it in the morning, even at 8pm it feels like the temp is 5-10 deg hotter than it really is, and mentally it puts you in a great mood.

I normally drink 100mg of caffeine with breakfast and another 100mg pre-workout a few hours later, but when I take StimulantX I don't drink any caffeine and still feel wide awake.

Don't take it in the evening if you want to sleep. Just 1-2 capsules are enough. Take 3 or more at a time and you'll be flying.

IMO, it definitely is the only non-ephedrine supplement to have effects similar to ephedrine/amphetamines.

jet11

Awards
cutting cold turkey isnt good for your health at all...i cut them all out a few years ago bc i used to drink coffee 24/7, but too much is bad for your adrenals.

basically cut it a little less every few days, then stay off 100% stimulants for about 3-4 weeks at the minimum...instead of sttims, you can get energy from amino acids and other things that do stimulate your mind, but not from caffeine

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
It should be noted that caffeine and ephedrine work through completely different neurochemical mechanisms - caffeine affects adenosine and ephedrine affects norepinephrine and dopamine. Continuing to use caffeine will not have any effect on ephedrine tolerance. If the caffeine helps with the headaches (which it probably will) and lethargy (which it will) then I recommend using it as you stop taking ephedrine.

Also, if you don't have enough ephedrine to wean yourself off, you can use Sudafed instead. (The real Sudafed containing pseudoephedrine that you now have to buy behind the counter. Not the new Sudafed PE.) Sudafed is pseudoephedrine, the stereoscopic isomer of ephedrine. Sudafed is far less active neurologically but it does have similar effects on the body, so replacing ephedrine with pseudoephedrine and then gradually tapering down your dose of pseudoephedrine will help with some of the withdrawal symptoms. (Pseudoephedrine does have some neurochemical effects, just to a lesser degree than ephedrine.)

GO_OUTSIDE!

GO_OUTSIDE!

Awards
try prominoplus. I dont use stimulants so maybe I'm sensitive, but it sure gave me a boost. In fact I had to stop taking it.

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
i personally like drinking yerba mate when not taking thermogenics. its a great, natural energy source thats healthy. yes, it still has SOME caffeine but nowhere near as high as stim supps. gives me clear thinking, focus, and well being as well.

i was a stim junkie at one point and did the cold turkey thing. the result was i got insanely depressed for a couple months. wouldnt recommend taking that route. taper down slowly.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Hulk,
You probably got depressed because you live in New Mexico.

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
i personally like drinking yerba mate when not taking thermogenics. its a great, natural energy source thats healthy. yes, it still has SOME caffeine but nowhere near as high as stim supps. gives me clear thinking, focus, and well being as well.

i was a stim junkie at one point and did the cold turkey thing. the result was i got insanely depressed for a couple months. wouldnt recommend taking that route. taper down slowly.
I've done the cold turkey route many times.....
I get intense headaches for probably 3 days and then i am fine. Am extremely tired as well. I go into it knowing that the headaches will end soon and it gets me through.

I never had the severe depression like hulk. That is scary! Certainly something to think about next time.

papa G

Awards
Whenever I wheen of stims I just switch to green tea. It has much less caffeine and the theanine keeps you a little more relaxed.

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Whenever I wheen of stims I just switch to green tea. It has much less caffeine and the theanine keeps you a little more relaxed.
That is a good idea, i may try that next time.....
(next month actually)

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
Hulk,
You probably got depressed because you live in New Mexico.
:toofunny: OMG, havent laughed that hard in awhile! yeah, it sucks here in new mexico. not many attractive women, night life sucks, poor college sports program, no sports franchise, i can go on forever. dont worry, ill be out of here soon:woohoo:

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
I never had the severe depression like hulk. That is scary! Certainly something to think about next time.
i should mention also that i was experimenting with several nootropics at this time on top of the stims. something made me depressed but its quite possible that i was in a serious neurological imbalance. anyways, stopping all supps for a couple cured this. let me warn you that it got much worse after quitting before it got better. thats why i suggested the tapering route.

methusaleh

methusaleh

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
StimulantX by Anabolic XTreme is BY FAR the strongest stimulant supplement I have taken....Don't take it in the evening if you want to sleep. Just 1-2 capsules are enough. Take 3 or more at a time and you'll be flying.

IMO, it definitely is the only non-ephedrine supplement to have effects similar to ephedrine/amphetamines.
Just curious, have you tried X-Force? That stuff hits me like nothing else! Second place I'd have to say was the original Venom.

I haven't tried StimX yet...

TeamSavage

TeamSavage

Awards
  • Established
Just curious, have you tried X-Force? That stuff hits me like nothing else! Second place I'd have to say was the original Venom.

I haven't tried StimX yet...
Nope, haven't tried X-Force or Venom yet. Only StimX and Ergo's AMP, and just straight ephedra. Maybe I'll give X-Force a try though.

The Stim-X doesn't really hit you hard at first... comes on slow until you realize, a few hours later, that you're really amped up.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Definately get a sample of X-force/Matrix - Savage.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I quit cold turkey every time and only experience mild lethargy for a few days and minor depression (probably because the 49ers & Bears USED to suck LOL). B-5 helps a lot to pretect your adrenal glands since they get taxed heavily by stimulant use. I use them usually 5 months straight and prefer EC.

2fresh

2fresh

Awards
wow I got so bad with it before i was stacking 800mg of caffeine..50mg of ephedra..and 7.5 of Yohimbine per serving 2ice a day!