Tribulus on cycle

ingo_1978

Awards
Can tribulus be used on cycle to reduce testicular atrophy, similar to how you would used HCG? I know trib is nowhere as potent but if it does cause LH to be released then surely this would keep the boys working to some extent, or do steroids compromise the effects of trib?

spiderman7

Awards
good question.does not seem to be working for me.Usual gets my lipido up,but not while doing h-50.

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
When your on cycle, your natural test is shutdown. Tribulus products are supposed to increase your natural test, but if its shutdown, do you think its gonna do anything? IMO, no. You cant produce natural test if the system that produces it is essentially shutdown.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I can't say I have ever seen one single study that says Tribulus shows any kind of marked increase on Testosterone through any pathway. Now, I have seen lots (albeit on rats) that show it has aphrodisiac capability, but using it in this fashion will do nothing.

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I can't say I have ever seen one single study that says Tribulus shows any kind of marked increase on Testosterone through any pathway. Now, I have seen lots (albeit on rats) that show it has aphrodisiac capability, but using it in this fashion will do nothing.
I know there have been studies on it, there are some posted on here. However, I came to the conclusion that it basicly did nothing.
But then I remember all the studies on Androstenodine/dione and DHEA that said there were no increases in hoemone levels or the like. Which, makes no sence to me.

Trib is "supposed" to either stimulate, or simulate LH. Which, regardles of wether or not it does this, can keep things sensative to receiving LH so when you come off you respond better to your natty LH /test.
I think it would only delay the inevatable, but if your only on a 4 week oral cycle, it might be of some use.
lol- keeping the wood just as strong as you are is usefull as well.

<---sidenote; I could have sworn I had a star yesterday,.. :blink:

1: J Ethnopharmacol. 2005 Oct 3;101(1-3):319-23. Related Articles, Links
Click here to read
The aphrodisiac herb Tribulus terrestris does not influence the androgen production in young men.

Neychev VK, Mitev VI.

Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Medical University, 2 Zdrave str., Sofia-1431, Bulgaria. [email protected]

OBJECTIVE: The aim of the current study is to investigate the influence of Tribulus terrestris extract on androgen metabolism in young males. DESIGN AND METHODS: Twenty-one healthy young 20-36 years old men with body weight ranging from 60 to 125 kg were randomly separated into three groups-two experimental (each n=7) and a control (placebo) one (n=7). The experimental groups were named TT1 and TT2 and the subjects were assigned to consume 20 and 10 mg/kg body weight per day of Tribulus terrestris extract, respectively, separated into three daily intakes for 4 weeks. Testosterone, androstenedione and luteinizing hormone levels in the serum were measured 24 h before supplementation (clear probe), and at 24, 72, 240, 408 and 576 h from the beginning of the supplementation. RESULTS: There was no significant difference between Tribulus terrestris supplemented groups and controls in the serum testosterone (TT1 (mean+/-S.D.: 15.75+/-1.75 nmol/l); TT2 (mean+/-S.D.: 16.32+/-1.57 nmol/l); controls (mean+/-S.D.: 17.74+/-1.09 nmol/l) (p>0.05)), androstenedione (TT1 (mean+/-S.D.: 1.927+/-0.126 ng/ml); TT2 (mean+/-S.D.: 2.026+/-0.256 ng/ml); controls (mean+/-S.D.: 1.952+/-0.236 ng/ml) (p>0.05)) or luteinizing hormone (TT1 (mean+/-S.D.: 4.662+/-0.274U/l); TT2 (mean+/-S.D.: 4.103+/-0.869U/l); controls (mean+/-S.D.: 4.170+/-0.406U/l) (p>0.05)) levels. All results were within the normal range. The findings in the current study anticipate that Tribulus terrestris steroid saponins possess neither direct nor indirect androgen-increasing properties. The study will be extended in the clarifying the probable mode of action of Tribulus terrestris steroid saponins.

Publication Types:

* Randomized Controlled Trial

PMID: 15994038 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/news-articles/46728-tribulus-inneffective.html

Last edited:

tek

Awards
its not a bad PCT after coming off a cycle. gotta take 725-3000mg daily to see any effect. when i came off a cycle i took this for 6-8wks and notice it helpd alot. gotta think about it everyone ist built the same. may or may not work for you. just gotta try it for yourself

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
Last couple of oral cycles i've done I used trib throughout the entire cycle and it really helped me keep my libido normal. I mean my libido wasn't off the wall or better than usual, but instead of losing it, it did stay at least normal. Could have been placebo i guess, all I know is I always do it now with every cycle, and since I have I've never had any problems where I just totally have no libido.